Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Corp QB Richmond/USC

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    Legs of FDR? He was, from what I read, more mobile than Matt Barkley while at USC. I never cared much for Barkley's arm, but I do like his mobility in the pocket quite a bit. If Corp is more mobile than Barkley- sounds like a good endorsement to me.
    Two leg injuries back to back years is a problem for me. Can he run? Sure, but if he keeps breaking legs and tearing up knees that will come to a complete stop. Greg Oden comes to mind. Highly talented, can't stay on the field, which in turn hurts consistency.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's worth a look as a UDFA, but I remember watching him play UW when he was with SC, didn't really impress me at all.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    Worth a look especially in the 7th or later. FWIW: Rarely does a FCS school have the budget for a proper strength and nutrition program. The arm strength or lack of does NOT concern me as much the leg injury.

Interesting kid.
    He spent three years at USC(more than half of college), which I'm pretty sure has the budget for a proper strength and nutrition program. The arm strength has never been there.

I can't believe a threat on Aaron Corp made it to the second page.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think B.J. Coleman and Bo Levi Mitchell are both better NFL prospects than Aaron Corp, and those two are on the bottom of the totem pole. The cut-off point for QB's who can legitimately play in the NFL and are worthy developmental prospects ends with Coleman and Mitchell in my opinion.

Aaron Corp is in a group of QB's that includes Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, etc. that I don't even view at priority UDFA's.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheringPlant View Post
    He spent three years at USC(more than half of college), which I'm pretty sure has the budget for a proper strength and nutrition program. The arm strength has never been there.

I can't believe a threat on Aaron Corp made it to the second page.
    I started the thread after reading that he was strongly challenging or actually beat out Martt Barkley at USC before a leg injury took him down. I saw him throw in a clip provided in one of the thread posts- not impressed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    I started the thread after reading that he was strongly challenging or actually beat out Martt Barkley at USC before a leg injury took him down. I saw him throw in a clip provided in one of the thread posts- not impressed.
    He beat out Matt Barkley in spring practices of Barkley's first semester of college (he enrolled Spring). More accurately, he beat out Mitch Mustain. There was no chance in hell Barkley was going to be named started during the spring. Who knows what would have happened during the Fall if Corp didn't get hurt. Based on his awful performance against Washington the third game of the season, I think Barkley would have overtaken him pretty early on either way.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I think B.J. Coleman and Bo Levi Mitchell are both better NFL prospects than Aaron Corp, and those two are on the bottom of the totem pole. The cut-off point for QB's who can legitimately play in the NFL and are worthy developmental prospects ends with Coleman and Mitchell in my opinion.

Aaron Corp is in a group of QB's that includes Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, etc. that I don't even view at priority UDFA's.
    If you are going to take a shot on a low tiered QB, I think Coleman gives you the best value.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheringPlant View Post
    He beat out Matt Barkley in spring practices of Barkley's first semester of college (he enrolled Spring). More accurately, he beat out Mitch Mustain. There was no chance in hell Barkley was going to be named started during the spring. Who knows what would have happened during the Fall if Corp didn't get hurt. Based on his awful performance against Washington the third game of the season, I think Barkley would have overtaken him pretty early on either way.
    What surprised me from the clip was the arm, or lack thereof. Combin that with the previous leg injuries- definite pass, wouldn't even bring him in as a FA.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Part of the issue to me is a guy that hasn't put together a great career in college better bring something to the table. Either right size, speed, arm strength, or accuracy. Something to build from. I'd go with a guy like Coleman if I were going to take a flyer. I mean if you're going to consider Corp then you may as well consider Darron Thomas.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    Part of the issue to me is a guy that hasn't put together a great career in college better bring something to the table. Either right size, speed, arm strength, or accuracy. Something to build from. I'd go with a guy like Coleman if I were going to take a flyer. I mean if you're going to consider Corp then you may as well consider Darron Thomas.

Completely agree. At least Darron Thomas has a little physical talent and put together a resume in college. Aaron Corp has neither.

Barrett Trotter has about the same resume as Corp, but a bigger arm. Austin Davis has slightly better physical tools than Corp, and comes with a much better resume.

If you're going to consider Aaron Corp, you might as well be considering all these guys I mentioned... along with Dan Persa and Patrick Witt (Yale).
    Quote Quote