Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL New York Knicks Suck Thread ***

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All jokes, flames, and insults aside, the Knicks should trade Carmelo, Amare, and Baron. Lin, if truly legit, appears to be a TEAM player. New York hasn't had one of those since the Great Depression. Dump those large contract selfish scrubs.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    All jokes, flames, and insults aside, the Knicks should trade Carmelo, Amare, and Baron. Lin, if truly legit, appears to be a TEAM player. New York hasn't had one of those since the Great Depression. Dump those large contract selfish scrubs.
    Well you contradicted yourself......anyways Amare is not a ball hog. Amare was amazing before Melo showed up, and he was a great team player. I watch every Knick game btw, and before Amare the team was pure **** for awhile. Amare lifted the Knicks, put em on his back, and brought us back to a playoff team. I have nothing but respect for that man. Baron hasn't played yet, and he is a contributor....watch his play as a Cavalier. Melo I love him still but he has no ball movement in his game, which is why there is success with Lin....Ball Movement.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amare plays such horrible team defense that I would call him selfish for that alone. Its amazing how much better Chandler looks when hes playing next to Jeffries.....not exactly known as a defensive stalwart himself.

We'll see where Lin goes from here. I'm loving every second of it but at the end of the day hes a one trick pony, and I find it hard to believe that any decent defense is going to have much trouble shutting him down.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    Amare plays such horrible team defense that I would call him selfish for that alone. Its amazing how much better Chandler looks when hes playing next to Jeffries.....not exactly known as a defensive stalwart himself.

We'll see where Lin goes from here. I'm loving every second of it but at the end of the day hes a one trick pony, and I find it hard to believe that any decent defense is going to have much trouble shutting him down.
    Jeffries only excels at defense, he is one of the better defenders in the league....yes the league. The other day he drew 5 charges, hes good for 1 a game. Anyways in the up tempo D'Antoni system, he doesn't stress defense at all so what do you really expect?

Plus Lin, I think is going to be good.....the team needed a point guard who can move the ball, show confidence and could do the pick and roll with Chandler. Bibby just shoots 3's and doesn't hit them, Toney Douglas still has a bum shoulder and passes the ball to the other team, and Shumpert is a rookie and although gifted he's more of a defensive guard.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDog13 View Post
    Jeffries only excels at defense, he is one of the better defenders in the league....yes the league. The other day he drew 5 charges, hes good for 1 a game. Anyways in the up tempo D'Antoni system, he doesn't stress defense at all so what do you really expect?
    That's an old and tired excuse. Chandler plays defense. As does Fields, Shumpert....even Harrellson is giving good effort out there even if hes extremely limited physically. I expect if a guy is paid 100+ mil and embraces the label as the centerpiece of a franchise for him to put forth the effort and at least attempt to play defense and rebound the ball.

Plus Lin, I think is going to be good.....the team needed a point guard who can move the ball, show confidence and could do the pick and roll with Chandler. Bibby just shoots 3's and doesn't hit them, Toney Douglas still has a bum shoulder and passes the ball to the other team, and Shumpert is a rookie and although gifted he's more of a defensive guard.
    He can definitely pass the ball and run the pick and roll. I'd just wait to see what happens when teams force him to go to the left.....he doesn't seem all that comfortable handling with the left and he can't finish with the left either. Maybe he can.....just haven't seen it yet.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    That's an old and tired excuse. Chandler plays defense. As does Fields, Shumpert....even Harrellson is giving good effort out there even if hes extremely limited physically. I expect if a guy is paid 100+ mil and embraces the label as the centerpiece of a franchise for him to put forth the effort and at least attempt to play defense and rebound the ball.

He can definitely pass the ball and run the pick and roll. I'd just wait to see what happens when teams force him to go to the left.....he doesn't seem all that comfortable handling with the left and he can't finish with the left either. Maybe he can.....just haven't seen it yet.
    Whats an old and tired excuse?

Chandler is naturally a solid defender.....Fields plays hard but he's not all that good at D, and Shumpert plays good but is sometimes jumps the gun on playing over aggressive.

Do you watch all the Knicks games?

We haven't played enough top teams to really say our defense is there but the 8th lowest ppg is encouraging. We can't score at high team percentage is why we haven't been good and that's on D'Antoni because the Kicking and Screaming gameplan "Pass to the Italians" but for Carmelo was a fail from the start.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Knicks have been a dumpster fire since the 1999 Finals.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Knicks have been a dumpster fire since the 1999 Finals.
    2003 and on "Isiah Thomas Fail Chain Reaction"
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDog13 View Post
    Whats an old and tired excuse?
    "Anyways in the up tempo D'Antoni system, he doesn't stress defense at all so what do you really expect?"

Noone is a "natural" defender. Chandler was a horrible player at pretty much every aspect of the game outside dunking when he entered the league, but hes found his niche and made himself into one of the best in the league. I expect that from star players, particularly ones that view themselves as stars.

Do you watch all the Knicks games?
    You're not serious are you?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    What do you guys think of the Knicks? Threats in the East?
    Quote Quote