Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Williams retiring

1. -31
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

I Can Dream 3

I wish this was his way of some how returning to the dolphins to play for us. This would be awesome because he is my favorite Miami Dolphin by far!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good Luck to you Tricky Ricky! Man he was a beast in his prime. Had he stayed focused and wanted it, I think he could have been one of the all time greats. I still cherish watching him at his peak in 2002. He was a man amongst boys.

On a related note, every time I think about that 2002 team my blood boils. How could we go with Ray Lucas as our back up quarterback? Damn you Wanny!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish the Dolphins would have been able to keep him so that he could retire as a Dolphin. I also hate the Patriots even more for blocking him from playing in the Super Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good riddance. I know it's unpopular, and I know everyone is more "evolved" and "in touch" than I am, but **** that.

I was an offensive lineman though my breif and undistinguished career in organized football. There was nothing I enjoyed, or valued
    about myself than to know I did my job well. It ****ed with me when the majority of the run plays didn't come over my back. I don't understand
    players that don't want the ball.

The bottom line is that Ricky really didn't want the ball.

I don't understand that.

I guess that's why I can never bring myself to embrace the guy. He had the shot, and he **** all over it. I suppose it's lots of my own bitterness showing through, but it is what it is. I can't help but think the only reason he came back to the game was because all his fatherless children needed more support.

Speaking of that...Now what?

I hope his spiritual investments are enough to sustain those kids 5 by 3 women....Until they are 18.

Then what?

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He had a great career that had a few potholes but now he is a much more well rounded human being with a career setup for after football...

he ran for over 10,000 yards...a hell of a feat...to say he simply "didn't want the football" I feel that is wrong...but did he care about going down as the greatest running back of all time? I don't think he did...it's not everyone's goal to be the best or remembered forever.
    Last edited by Phin-o-rama; 02-07-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For those who never watched the 30 in 30 Run Ricky Run documentary...here it is

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama View Post
    He had a great career that had a few potholes but now he is a much more well rounded human being with a career setup for after football...

he ran for over 10,000 yards...a hell of a feat...to say he simply "didn't want the football" I feel that is wrong...but did he care about going down as the greatest running back of all time? I don't think he did...it's not everyone's goal to be the best or remembered forever.
    I've never seen a RB that didn't want the ball, thought about not playing because of the ball, or otherwise considered anything than "THE BALL". It's who RBs
    are like by nature and the demands of the position.

Is he a worse person by going other directions in football? No. I don't think so.

I would say there are issues with him as a person with littering children all over the place without being there for them in a relationship...Yes..But that hardly demonizes him. It also stops him short of annointed saviorhood and who I'd want to "Teach Me The Better Way" (Quoted, because I ripped that line off a Dr Hook song.)

If you are a Running Back. You get the ball. It's who you are. It's what you do. Carry the ball. You should want the ball.

Complaining about getting the ball is not done. Not if you really want the ball. I can't ever remember fadeing in the face of a coach that relied on me. Then, or in later life.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I've never seen a RB that didn't want the ball, thought about not playing because of the ball, or otherwise considered anything than "THE BALL". It's who RBs
    are like by nature and the demands of the position.

Is he a worse person by going other directions in football? No. I don't think so.

I would say there are issues with him as a person with littering children all over the place without being there for them in a relationship...Yes..But that hardly demonizes him. It also stops him short of annointed saviorhood and who I'd want to "Teach Me The Better Way" (Quoted, because I ripped that line off a Dr Hook song.)

If you are a Running Back. You get the ball. It's who you are. It's what you do. Carry the ball. You should want the ball.

Complaining about getting the ball is not done. Not if you really want the ball. I can't ever remember fadeing in the face of a coach that relied on me. Then, or in later life.
    that's what makes Ricky special, the fact that he is different.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Taylor and Ricky Williams retiring.....I'm starting to feel old LOL

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Definitely not the career everyone thought he would have when he came out of Texas.
    Quote Quote