Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: California legalizes same-sex marriage; Proposition 8 overturned

1. -21
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Which amendment guarantees the right of marriage, straight or gay? This should be interesting.
    The constitution does guarantee equality...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WSE View Post
    its not between you and god only- the list I posted of the legal benefits proves that. There are both state and federal benefits given to married couples.

you take those benefits away and its a different issue- then it is status only.
    When I said no involvement, I meant benefits as well. Like everything involving the government, there are strings atratched to those benefits. A contract between yourself and God should have no government involvement whatsoever.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Locke;1064203733]The constitution does guarantee equality...[/QUOTE

Well, the people have spoken and so have the judges. On to the supreme court.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Where does it state in the constitution or amendments that it guarantees equality?
    I don't have the patience to go and dig through websites to find this one clause. However, since the 9th court of appeals declared this UNCONSTITUTIONAL, you would think people would stop trying to argue about it.

But go ahead, if you don't think people should be equal, that's on you. I feel sorry for you and your children. I'll go ahead and stand by the idea that everybody, regardless of sex, gender, orientation, race, or religion deserve the exact same perks and rights as anyone else...
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax13 View Post
    just because someone doesn't agree with everything you believe doesn't make them any less of a person than you are, doesn't make you right and them wrong, doesn't make you good and them bad.

whatever happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness thing.

more tolerance, less judgement, the world will be a better place. treat others as you would have them treat you.

when you deny somebody something that does no harm to you, that means you would like others to act the same towards you. when you stick your snout in others lives, they should be able to stick their snout in your life and make decisions for you.

most people want to be free to do what they'd like to do as long as it doesn't bring harm to others. and i don't see how two people of the same sex, that want to get married, affect anyone other than themselves. now if they push you to get married to someone, then that's a problem. but i never heard of two gays pushing their type of relationship on others. they just want others to be tolerant of their lifestyle.
    That's fine and dandy and I completely agree. But their rights shouldn't override my rights, or my religious institution's rights. As long as the government doesn't make my church have to host same sex marriage then that's perfectly fine.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    That's fine and dandy and I completely agree. But their rights shouldn't override my rights, or my religious institution's rights. As long as the government doesn't make my church have to host same sex marriage then that's perfectly fine.
    I support gay marriage 100%. I would never support the government in any way shape or form using force to make churches have gay marriage.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I don't have the patience to go and dig through websites to find this one clause. However, since the 9th court of appeals declared this UNCONSTITUTIONAL, you would think people would stop trying to argue about it.

But go ahead, if you don't think people should be equal, that's on you. I feel sorry for you and your children. I'll go ahead and stand by the idea that everybody, regardless of sex, gender, orientation, race, or religion deserve the exact same perks and rights as anyone else...
    I never said that I think that everyone should not be equal. Just asking for some facts.
    I figured you had the constitution all spread out in front of you.
    Just so you know, it is in the 14 amendment.
    I am fine with gay marriage in California. What ever makes them happy. They will be entitled to divorce too.
    Now everyone in California are equal again...
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I support gay marriage 100%. I would never support the government in any way shape or form using force to make churches have gay marriage.
    Ok, here's one for you:

Say I'm a florist and a pretty good one at that. But I'm also a devout Christian. A gay couple comes in and wants me to do the flowers for their legal wedding. I tell them that unfortunately my religious views won't let me put the flowers together for their wedding but here's the name of a florist that would probably do it. Sorry but good luck.

The gay couple then sue me for discrimination.

Who's wrong then? Who's rights were violated?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, here's one for you:

Say I'm a florist and a pretty good one at that. But I'm also a devout Christian. A gay couple comes in and wants me to do the flowers for their legal wedding. I tell them that unfortunately my religious views won't let me put the flowers together for their wedding but here's the name of a florist that would probably do it. Sorry but good luck.

It is a secular world. You lose.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, here's one for you:

That lawsuit was bullsh*t. That couple definitely got away with one there...
    Quote Quote