Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: do we reaaally need a rt?

1. -21
    6 of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    I'd like to see Jerry @ LG, Zeitler (draft pick from Wisconsin) @ RG, & Garner @ RT.

It would not bother me to have Carey & Incog as backups.
    Garner blows at tackle... Dude was getting used when he had to come in last year. I see why we've heard of his versatility but have never seen any good things from him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think they should address it, just not at the 8/9 spot.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfish41 View Post
    I think they should address it, just not at the 8/9 spot.
    I agree somewhat...

What bothers me is we have players on our current roster that can fill the RT position, why bother drafting a rookie and going through rookie growing pains? What if we get a bust due to drafting outside the 1st round?

I say we just develop who we have and/or resign Vernon Carey to play either RG/RT if we can get him cheap (home team discount)
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we should target one in the 3rd or 4th
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is ZERO doubt in my mind we need a stud RT. Id like to grab one in round 2 or 3.

If we could somehow trade down and add a 2nd round pick. Then grab Upshaw late in round 1 and grab a RT in round 2 with one of our picks...Ill **** in my pants from excitement.
    ______________ ________________
    *********Here's what happened the last time we traded for a Coach ******************* Lets do it again!! *************
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our offensive line was rated 31st in the NFL when running behind our "amazing" right tackle
    we ran for a 2.62 yard average

we were also rated 31st in the NFL when running behind our right end
    we ran for a 1.92 yard average

We ran for 18% of our total runs to the above areas with little to no success

We ran behind our left tackle and left end 19 % of the time with considerable differences
    behind our left tackle 12% of the time and ran for 4.63 yards average which was 7th in the NFL

We ran behind our left end 7% of the time and ran for 4.56 yards average which was 11th in the NFL

The disparity running to the right side of the line versus the left side is huge
    and I'm sure the pass defense numbers would be the same

Not sure if the players we have on the team will be much better

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    KC Joyner and Todd Mcshay think we do in todays chat predicting we take Ingram
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It boggles my mind how people on here spent so much time bashing the right side of OL and think the answer is either currently on the roster or problem solved with a late or mid round pick.

Decastro is a pro bowler. Anyone think Ingram is a pro bowler?............. thats what i thought.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Our offensive line was rated 31st in the NFL when running behind our "amazing" right tackle
    we ran for a 2.62 yard average

we were also rated 31st in the NFL when running behind our right end
    we ran for a 1.92 yard average

We ran for 18% of our total runs to the above areas with little to no success

We ran behind our left tackle and left end 19 % of the time with considerable differences
    behind our left tackle 12% of the time and ran for 4.63 yards average which was 7th in the NFL

We ran behind our left end 7% of the time and ran for 4.56 yards average which was 11th in the NFL

The disparity running to the right side of the line versus the left side is huge
    and I'm sure the pass defense numbers would be the same

Not sure if the players we have on the team will be much better

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

We were also 7th in the league running between the guards for a 4.37 yd aver. That wasn't all Pouncey either. We basically ran between the guards 63% of the time. Sun Sentinal,I believe it was them, said Bush averaged and I may be wrong, about 10 yards percarry going thru Incognitos hole so I do not think the problem is from Pouncey to Long. Although Carey showed some signs of a heart beat towards the end of the season. So basically yes, our problem was the RG and RT.

Although Murtha looked good in pre season, looking all the way back to even his college days ( Nebraska ) Lydon Murtha has never played a full season and landed on IR or not able to play at the end of almost every season he has played in College and now the pro's. Something to think about.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see the problem taking a lineman in the 1st like most of the people on this board??? Do you not like protecting the QB and running the ball??? Signing Nicks and drafting DeCastro would make our line Elite!!! It all starts up front on the line. How many times do you want to see jailbreaks on 3rd down??? Incognito could then be cut, Long can be extended, then Murtha and Jerry battle it out for the RT spot. John Beck could win behind that line!!!
    Quote Quote