Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: do we reaaally need a rt?

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle Clouds View Post
    Garner blows at tackle... Dude was getting used when he had to come in last year. I see why we've heard of his versatility but have never seen any good things from him.
    You must be joking. GARNER made the team as CAREY's "back-up" at RT; because of MIAMI's injury problems, he played RG and LGand did pretty well; and when J GROVE and J BERGER went down in the 1st Half of the same game, he played C on literally 2 minutes' notice. Remember what happened? The 1st snap: fumbled. After that? PERFECT in every way, including "reads" and calling out blocking assignments.

Don't make up your facts as you go along. Someone will remember, and then you look like the Horse's Patoot.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    I don't see the problem taking a lineman in the 1st like most of the people on this board??? Do you not like protecting the QB and running the ball??? Signing Nicks and drafting DeCastro would make our line Elite!!! It all starts up front on the line. How many times do you want to see jailbreaks on 3rd down??? Incognito could then be cut, Long can be extended, then Murtha and Jerry battle it out for the RT spot. John Beck could win behind that line!!!
    I've got another solution, though yours isn't bad. How about this: GET A TOPSHELF F/A G, play him at LG, and move INCOGNITO (who is solid) back to RG where he belongs! Move CAREY back to RT and have a competition for the starting RT position between CAREY, MURTHA and JERRY. The best 2 (i/m/o, probably MURTHA and JERRY) are the starting RT and 1st back-up T, and the 3rd one (i/m/o CAREY) backs up T and G, w/GARNER backing up G and C. Your starting OL is then LONG, a solid F/A G, POUNCEY, INCOGNITO, and the winner of MURTHA/JERRY. That leaves the MURTHA/JERRY loser to back up both Ts, CAREY to back up RG and RT, and GARNER to back up both Gs and C. Once the late cuts begin, I'd look for a G who is a solid "aging veteran with a little gas left in his tank", who still wanted to play football. I'd offer him decent money (nothing huge), and let him know that if he chose to try coaching when he hangs up his cleats, he'd get 1st shot at a job as "assistant OL Coach". After all, salary paid to coaches doesn't count against the "cap".

That way, we can use our Draft picks on positions other than OL.

QED!

P.S.: ALL of this could've been done LAST season, and the COLUMBO/CAREY fiasco would NEVER have happened! STUPID ROSS!!! When will he ever learn? WINNING fills seats and sells warm beer & greasy hot dogs at ridiculously high prices!!! NOT some celebrity wiggling her a** and jiggling her "hooters".
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we do need one, but good teams build their lines with mid round picks. 2 high first rounders used on lineman is already too much. If we focus all of our assets on the line, we suffer elsewhere. Hence why we have not had a te or number 2 receiver for years.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do so many like Murtha so much here. As far as our back ups go, he's shown much less than Jerry and Garner imo

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just a thinking point ....

Best to draft the expensive positions, as they can be paid on the 4-year rookie wage scale.

This allows more cap money to fill other needs at less-expensive positions. Just good football sense & economics.

If you examine our drafts from the Tuna years ... he pretty much followed this idea ... I've even commented on it several times.

O-Linemen are expensive!! Just like DL & CB ... the rarity of good ones drives the market!!

I'm 99.99% concerned about QB, I'm willing to worry about other positions after doing all we can to get a QB!!! I want some punkin' chuckin' !!

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm just glad colombo isn't goin to be there.that in itself will make us that much better on the right side
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I trust Philbin and the new line coach to get it right.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i would love jerry at rg, and we draft one of the rt in the first round, that is if we get manning, if we get flynn, i would rather draft upshaw
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    As long Colombo doesn't play RT I don't care
    As long as Colombo is not a Miami Dolphin next year, I don't care.

I hope Sparano takes him to the Jets. Wake would have Sanchez on his back at least 6 times next year then
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Dolphin Fan since 1974

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Queens, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bwb8605 View Post
    As long as Colombo is not a Miami Dolphin next year, I don't care.

I hope Sparano takes him to the Jets. Wake would have Sanchez on his back at least 6 times next year then
    PLEASE tell me that you're talking about "sacks" and not....well, you know...

Michael
    Quote Quote