Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Greater Short Term Success, or Long Term Playoff Contention?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give me the best chance at a SB NOW, and worry about the future later

36 64.29%
  • Keep building now and hope they turn into a SB contender some day

20 35.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greater Short Term Success, or Long Term Playoff Contention?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Greater Short Term Success, or Long Term Playoff Contention?

Would you rather win a SB or two in the next 3 years then have to struggle for a while because you need more players to contend, or build up the team now and have a solid team that is in contention for the playoffs every year but you might not win a SB for another 10 years if ever. Basically would you trade a SB now for long term success?

To be honest I'm really kind of torn between these two options and I know it doesn't matter because I have no effect on what will happen but I'd almost trade my soul for a Miami Dolphins SB win at this point. But then again I REALLY don't want to have to watch losing seasons for years and years to come either. But then again I just want to see them win a damn SB before I die lol.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Super Bowl. Pretty easy really. I've seen long term contenders (in the 80's and 90's, not recently). I've never seen a SB victory. I've been in two cities when their teams won the SB (New Orleans and just this week NYC), and there is nothing that compares to it sports fan-wise. Certainly not the pain of watching a playoff loss (or over 10 years of mediocre/bad football).

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd take the SB now, and worry about the future later. If we start to become a franchise that wins again....the players will come.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    All-Star

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You play to win the game. Why couldn't we do both? Teams like the packers and steelers are always contending. That's where I want to be. Give me the Super Bowl now and the give me more Super Bowls later
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Super Bowl
    it's almost been 30 years since we last made it to the Super Bowl. So for me as much as the long term success would be great. I want a freaking Super Bowl winner first.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I don't understand the thought peocess one or the other? As a roster this team is a qb, rt, and safety away from winning in the post season. If and I repeaf if Philbin is a good hc! Why cant this team compete now with P. Manning while developing a qb of the future? Hell Jim Caldwell is a pick 6 away from Superbowl Champion with Peyton, but without he is fired!

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    I don't understand the thought peocess one or the other? As a roster this team is a qb, rt, and safety away from winning in the post season. If and I repeaf if Philbin is a good hc! Why cant this team compete now with P. Manning while developing a qb of the future? Hell Jim Caldwell is a pick 6 away from Superbowl Champion with Peyton, but without he is fired!
    Relax man... it was hypothetical. I'm not saying both couldn't happen and of course we all want the team to win the SB next year and every year after that until we die but again it was just a hypothetical question. Would you rather the team win a SB now and struggle for a while after that or be a solid team for a long time always having winning records but never win the SB?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

UGH

This is BY FAR the most DEPRESSING thread I have ever read on this message board. It rivals the "what would you do if the dolphins lost a SB thread".

I mean seriously folks doom and gloom is so last year, Sparano is GONE!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    This is BY FAR the most DEPRESSING thread I have ever read on this message board. It rivals the "what would you do if the dolphins lost a SB thread".

I mean seriously folks doom and gloom is so last year, Sparano is GONE!!!
    The dolphins winning a SB or having a good team every year is depressing to you? Cheer up buddy
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to build the right way. I'd hate to end up back at the bottom of the heap in a few years.
    Quote Quote