Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning throwing like a "late career Chad Pennington"

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    He still hasn't even gained his full arm strength yet, and we're going to start calling him noodle arm?

First of all Manning never had a strong arm to begin with, he had an accurate arm. Second, everyone was saying the same **** about Brees when he had the rotator cuff injury and right now he has a stronger arm than he did when he was in the Chargers.
    it was said that peyton was throwing bk before the playoffs and bk then at 20 yards it was said he was throwing hard enough to be able to knock someone down at that distances.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jd13 View Post
    Chris Weinke had the same injury as Peyton Manning and didn't start having the nerves regenerate until the 6 month mark. Manning isn't at the 6 month mark until march. It's still early guys.
    Uh, it's way past the six month mark. You're thinking about the third surgery, which he only had done because his recovery looked dire. It's been about a year since the first surgery, I think.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    But that is what the author is saying. His arm strength now, because of the nerve damage, is the same as Pennington's arm strength at the end of his career. It doesn't matter what Manning's arm strength used to be, it only matters what it is now.
    I understand that but to assume Manning can't get back to where his arm strength was before just b/c Pennington didn't/couldn't isn't fair.

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    We went 10-6 with Noodle-arm
    11-5
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    another depressing QB thread....
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I understand that but to assume Manning can't get back to where his arm strength was before just b/c Pennington didn't/couldn't isn't fair.
    Remember 62-7? Remember Marino retired because he couldn't come back from a similar injury? Yeah, I didn't think you would.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilInPgh View Post
    Remember 62-7? Remember Marino retired because he couldn't come back from a similar injury? Yeah, I didn't think you would.
    There is nothing similar with their injuries...
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Lol IMO Pennington did an amazing job taking that team to that record. I don't care how many games they won against sub .500 teams.....winning 10 games in the nfl is difficult. Example Packers losing to chiefs and Giants losing to Skins last year. Pennington did more with a crappy offense and horrible game plan because of his ability to make smart plays. He can't be blamed because they lost to the Ravens in the playoffs. Get your opinions straight!
    You seem to be rewriting history. Against BALT, MIA was in that game in spite of Penny's INT's going into the 3rd. He then threw a INT after the break that helped put the game away. 4 ****ING INTS...not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 INTS. He then started the next season where he left off...throwing INTS against teams that were PO teams.

The WC was born because of the lackluster offense that he was the leader of. A formation that took the ball from Penny. A offense that was ranked 23rd. It is what it is. Unlike you, I seen that season for what it was...smoke and mirrors. And it set MIA back a year or two. Now you can go back to reminiscing about 08 and where it left this franchise. A WHOLE ****ING NEW COACHING STAFF.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, I'm for getting Manning if he is healthy. But you don't go into the season with a 36 year old QB with arm problems, period. QB is a must, not for me or you, but for this new coaching staff. This new coach will want to run HIS offense and start his HC career doing things HIS way. If that is Flynn or RGIII or Manning, I will ride with that decision.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    I think Manning will retire if he believes he can't perform at a high level.
    No he won't.

Peyton is a hard worker and like Chad Pennington, he trusts that all he needs is TIME to heal.

It's a shame but the fact that Peyton's nerve reconstruction time includes periods above 12 months puts his case out of NFL standards.
    I mean, How is going to sign a 60+ Million dollars contract to a 35+ legend who might not throw a single pass in 2012? I hope Miami stays out of such Kool Aid.

As today, it's a known report that Peyton Manning not only lacks velocity, but can't throw to his left. I understand it's February but can't expect to correct such thing in less than 6 months if he wants to create chemistry with his receivers.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote