Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning throwing like a "late career Chad Pennington"

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    penny was awful in that ravens playoff game...the ravens took the shine off that penny...exposed chad...stacked the box stacked everything up inside the #'s jumped anything outside the #'s...had a bunch of guys standing up at the snap to take away pennys underneath throws

if manning has truly got a late in his career penny arm right now i don't think you can win in the postseason like that...you might beat bad football teams that way but you won't beat quality ones like that...even with mannings precise timing and accuracy if you don't got the arm to get it out there and make teams pay for stacking the box against the run you're in trouble against the big boys...

that said we'll get a better idea of how manning really is once he's released and available to anyone in free agency...if there's a bunch of teams out for his services this sounds like nothing but smoke to me...either way don't sign him without taking him out and asking him to spin the rock for ya
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    We went 10-6 with Noodle-arm
    Correction with noodle-arm plus the wildcat formation.

Defenses were unprepared for such offense. As soon as such thing lose the surprise factor, noodle-arm proved insufficient. Just remember that pathetic playoff game where Chad threw 4 ints.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    I highly doubt he has a noodle arm, his nerve is constantly healing.

It won't be like that come August.
    We dont have until August to make a decision on Manning. We have to decide by March 13 if we would be willing to get Manning.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami went 10-6 with the Wildcat against a last placed schedule with no Tom Brady. Miami was 0-3 with Pennington until they unwrapped the Wildcat. You saw what happened against Baltimore, not just in the playoffs, but also in the other game against Baltimore where he was throwing pick 6's to Terrell Suggs.

The most TD's Pennington ever threw in his career in a single season was 22. He only threw 19 during his "awesome" season with Miami in '08.

Matt Moore threw 16 TD's in 12 starts. Matt Moore can easily approach the same level as Chad Pennington.

I actually think Matt Moore could be the best quarterback Miami has had since Marino, which isn't saying much... but it's a start. He's not held back by limited physical tools like Jay Fiedler or Chad Pennington, or held back by his lack of mental aptitude and feel for the game like Chad Henne.

You're always looking to improve on your QB position until you KNOW you have a very good-elite player at the position, as opposed to HOPING you do.

I still think Peyton Manning is D-O-N-E. Even if he isn't, he's not going to be the same. Even if he is the same, he's not coming to Miami. If I'm wrong on all 3... well... it just ain't possible.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People who say "well, Peyton Manning with a noodle arm is still better than anything else available" need to put down the bong. Peyton always had a gun for an arm, and for him to play without that would be a huge adjustment. Pennington never had an arm and so his whole game was built around dinks and timing and placement. That's not Peyton's game.

Would you sign Favre if he had a "noodle arm"? Didn't think so.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. we have two vets on our roster (henne and moore) who cost next to nothing.

2. we have plenty of cap space, especially if we do something with Soliai, Langford, Long, Bell, Dansby, Marshall, Fasano ect ect as far as restructures, extentions and cuts.

3. We have a high draft pick and if we trade down we could have 3-4 starting calliber players from the draft in addition to one or two free agents with the extra cap space.

4. we have a coach who can groom and run an offense.

I would only be on board for a manning or flynn if the risk vs reward is in our favor. I don't want to take away tons of cap and risk acquiring a lot of quality talent if were not going to get much better QB play than from whats already on the roster. I don't see why philbin wouldn't be able to get some better-than-good play out of henne, moore or some late round talent like osweiler, cousins, foles, or keenum
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    For Head Coach

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    oklahoma
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seriously. Joe philbin is not going to hang his hat on Matt Moore and chad henne. GTFO with that nonsense. The owner has said pull the trigger and get a qb. The gm has said we need a qb. Brandon Marshall is in full on qb recruiting mode. Our elite WR knows we have no elite QBs on our roster. If you think joe philbin is gonna keep these guys you're not thinking common sense. I see probably Matt Flynn here with a lackluster Jeff Ireland qb pick like tannehill. I still, despite everything, just don't think Jeff Ireland has it in him to really reach out for the best qb available. When he should. If he does and it's a bust, he's out the door. If he doesn't and we lose, he's out the door.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Section 255 Row 8 Seats 20-21-22
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    polien was on serius radio this afternoon and said this article was erronius. he said that he spoke to manning 10 days ago and he could make the throws, left and right and accross his body but his velocity was still keeping those throws around 25 yards. as he strengthens, he expects that to not be an issue. he said he has benchmarks he's trying to reach and getting better every day, and unless this is an old report, or manning suffered some sort of setback in the last 10 days, it's false.

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Miami went 10-6 with the Wildcat against a last placed schedule with no Tom Brady. Miami was 0-3 with Pennington until they unwrapped the Wildcat. You saw what happened against Baltimore, not just in the playoffs, but also in the other game against Baltimore where he was throwing pick 6's to Terrell Suggs.

The most TD's Pennington ever threw in his career in a single season was 22. He only threw 19 during his "awesome" season with Miami in '08.

Matt Moore threw 16 TD's in 12 starts. Matt Moore can easily approach the same level as Chad Pennington.

I actually think Matt Moore could be the best quarterback Miami has had since Marino, which isn't saying much... but it's a start. He's not held back by limited physical tools like Jay Fiedler or Chad Pennington, or held back by his lack of mental aptitude and feel for the game like Chad Henne.

You're always looking to improve on your QB position until you KNOW you have a very good-elite player at the position, as opposed to HOPING you do.

I still think Peyton Manning is D-O-N-E. Even if he isn't, he's not going to be the same. Even if he is the same, he's not coming to Miami. If I'm wrong on all 3... well... it just ain't possible.
    +1
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote