Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GB zone blocking scheme and DT

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    That was my point... you guys keep saying zone blocking scheme and my post clearly states the only type of plays where a zone scheme would work.

In other words college football is simple and due to the gap in talent teams like florida can get away with crappy zone reads (screens, draws and options) but when they play top 25 ranked teams they look like crap.

If you wanna crown their arss then crown their arss!!!!
    Now I see what the problem is...YOU are confusing the zone blocking scheme with the zone read offense.

Teams like the Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts uses concepts of the zone blocking scheme in their offenses and have been very successful at it. The Colts stretch play uses zone blocking concepts and Houston's Arian Foster, well you know what he has done the past couple of years running in that scheme.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    the N E W Dolphilbins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok so you didnt like the Thomas pick, maybe there was some guy more familiar to you that was available...... Understandable.
    But to call a guy who had a productive rookie year a bust is just plain pathetic. I don't think you know what a bust is. We're trying not to be the dumbest fanbase in the nation but some fans here really drive down our average. Imagine a Titans fans saying they've seen enough of Jake Locker to know he's never going to be a good quarterback. Clueless, I'd say.

Anyone who can prove how productive they can be in their 1st game is hardly a bust. A Bust contributes close to nothing or less. Thomas is loaded with potential and has already proved in very limited time that he can be more than effective. Bust ? What a bunch of clowns !
    We move Marshall for all the right reasons, miss out on ole' manning.. then when they dont overpay a backup qb : it's the last straw and jokers are protesting outside the stadium ! All brainwashed by the media. There's no pressure from within the walls of the office, it's all from the uneducated fanbase, and that's why a movement was made to inform the fans of what's going on, because all they had to go off of was the media.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridPHIN 23 View Post
    Ok so you didnt like the Thomas pick, maybe there was some guy more familiar to you that was available...... Understandable.
    But to call a guy who had a productive rookie year a bust is just plain confusing. We're trying not to be the dumbest fanbase in the nation but some fans here really drive down our average. Imagine a Titans fans saying they've seen enough of Jake Locker to know he's never going to be a good quarterback. Clueless, I'd say.
    DT was hardly productive last season. The jury's out, but lets not get crazy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A full offseason is all he needs
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

SAME OLD BS

Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Now I see what the problem is...YOU are confusing the zone blocking scheme with the zone read offense.

Teams like the Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts uses concepts of the zone blocking scheme in their offenses and have been very successful at it. The Colts stretch play uses zone blocking concepts and Houston's Arian Foster, well you know what he has done the past couple of years running in that scheme.
    No I'm not, your assuming that I confused the 2. I understand the difference clearly.

If you read my prior post #14, I clearly explain what a zone block "running" scheme is and the difference in a zone block "passing" scheme.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DT is not a bust, but he is nothing special. He runs too high and from what I have seen of him in games and on DVR, he consistantly misses blocks and cut back lanes. He lacks running instincts, and a quick cut back. This is the same oline that Reggie Bush(5.0 average) ran behind. Colombo(right side of the OL) was terrible at pass protection, but he did ok run blocking.
    In the Jets game, the coaching staff stopped using him and gave the carries to Steve Slayton. Slayton looked pretty good, DT was stuffed.
    I don't buy into the playing with injuries excuse. All of the players are hurt in some way by the end of the season.
    DT is replacable. I don't think he has earned any position IMHO.
    I would not mind seeing us draft Richardson and let DT compete with Hilliard for a spot on the team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Daniel Thomas will do really well next year!!!

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No I'm not, your assuming that I confused the 2. I understand the difference clearly.

If you read my prior post #14, I clearly explain what a zone block "running" scheme is and the difference in a zone block "passing" scheme.
    I read and responded to your earlier post. Your explaination of what zone blocking is in both the running and passing game are...shall I say...not correct.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

HATER

Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    I read and responded to your earlier post. Your explaination of what zone blocking is in both the running and passing game are...shall I say...not correct.
    Ok, care to make sense out of the 2 instead of an empty post?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, care to make sense out of the 2 instead of an empty post?
    Just read my response to your earlier post.
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064205908
    Quote Quote