Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Syria

  1. -1
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Syria

    Why does anyone give a **** about that place?

    Boggles my mind.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Marley7's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    961
    vCash:
    6021
    Loc:
    Nashville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Why does anyone give a **** about that place?

    Boggles my mind.
    It could even be what sets off ww3! **** is going to hit the fan over there. With Iran moving in there and Russia and china backing Iran, it wouldn't be smart for us to intervene.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,331
    vCash:
    10765
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Why does anyone give a **** about that place?

    Boggles my mind.
    Your compassion for your fellow man overwhelms me. Brought me to tears, really.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,154
    vCash:
    7625
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Syria is the next stage of the International Prick-Waving Contest.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Your compassion for your fellow man overwhelms me. Brought me to tears, really.
    When we finally get after the Saudis for their outstanding human rights records, then we can take ourselves seriously in the business telling other dictators in the region how they should treat their populace.

    Until that happens, I fail to see why we feign outrage over a nothing country run by strongmen in the Levant. Yay for collapsing yet another regime and letting even more religious extremists run amok, destabilizing an already unstable region even more.

    But yes, we should have so much compassion for people the vast majority in this country had no idea existed until it became the flavor of the week on the news. It's outrage just for the sake of being outraged. Comical really. If I were living in Damascus, or even back in Beirut, I might say something like "Wow, there's some messed up **** going on", but I live in the United States, and what goes on in Syria has no bearing on what happens here.

    Attacking/bombing/invading the country of Syria for human rights violations would be like beating a retarded, deformed child because he ****s his pants.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,331
    vCash:
    10765
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    When we finally get after the Saudis for their outstanding human rights records, then we can take ourselves seriously in the business telling other dictators in the region how they should treat their populace.

    Until that happens, I fail to see why we feign outrage over a nothing country run by strongmen in the Levant. Yay for collapsing yet another regime and letting even more religious extremists run amok, destabilizing an already unstable region even more.

    But yes, we should have so much compassion for people the vast majority in this country had no idea existed until it became the flavor of the week on the news. It's outrage just for the sake of being outraged. Comical really. If I were living in Damascus, or even back in Beirut, I might say something like "Wow, there's some messed up **** going on", but I live in the United States, and what goes on in Syria has no bearing on what happens here.

    Attacking/bombing/invading the country of Syria for human rights violations would be like beating a retarded, deformed child because he ****s his pants.
    I'm not saying we should get involved or anything like that. But when I see the images on TV of innocent people getting shelled then I feel sorry for them and have compassion on them. I think there's something fundimentaly wrong with someone that at least doesn't feel something.

    Surely I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to get at in this thread. You don't mean literally "who gives a **** about that place" (paraphrased). Right?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,154
    vCash:
    7625
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I'm not saying we should get involved or anything like that. But when I see the images on TV of innocent people getting shelled then I feel sorry for them and have compassion on them. I think there's something fundimentaly wrong with someone that at least doesn't feel something.

    Surely I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to get at in this thread. You don't mean literally "who gives a **** about that place" (paraphrased). Right?
    I agree the images are hard to see. At the same time the "opposition" has engaged in killing of civilians as well. There is more than meets the eye in Syria.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,331
    vCash:
    10765
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I agree the images are hard to see. At the same time the "opposition" has engaged in killing of civilians as well. There is more than meets the eye in Syria.
    No doubt. But that shouldn't lessen someone's compassion for those that are wounded, no matter what might be "more than meets the eye".
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,154
    vCash:
    7625
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    No doubt. But that shouldn't lessen someone's compassion for those that are wounded, no matter what might be "more than meets the eye".
    I have compassion for both sides that have suffered through evil deeds. But I won't support another intervention of military actions. While choosing sides in yet another civil war where both sides are guilty. Besides we killed far more innocent in Iraq under Operation Iraqi Freedom. I'm sure you were on the front lines speaking out against that right?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I'm not saying we should get involved or anything like that. But when I see the images on TV of innocent people getting shelled then I feel sorry for them and have compassion on them. I think there's something fundimentaly wrong with someone that at least doesn't feel something.

    Surely I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to get at in this thread. You don't mean literally "who gives a **** about that place" (paraphrased). Right?
    You're attacking my viewpoint from a purely emotional stance, apalled that I could care less what some tinhorn dictator in a rocky ****hole in the Levant is doing to his poor people, missing my point completely.

    I read an article yesterday that the US military is studying the situation in Syria. The Chinese and Russians stopped that UN resolution, so I'm hoping to hell that we don't decide we're going to go beat up a one-legged midget in Syria because we can't stomach blood.

    I'm simply asking: Why should we as Americans care about what is going on with the Syrians? Similar **** goes on in the United States every day, yet no one cares about that, yet we're all too quick to shake our fists at some idiot running a 5th rate country in the Levant. Like I said, boggles my mind.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Could We Actually See A War Between Syria And Turkey?
    By dreday in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
  2. Syria may get drawn in
    By Miamian in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 05:19 PM
  3. Syria, moving on out...
    By Wildbill3 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 09:48 PM
  4. See, we told you they (WMD) were in Syria
    By Wildbill3 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 06:47 PM
  5. What's the plan for Syria?
    By LeftCoastPhin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •