Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Syria

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've actually been to said area in question, so it's not like I'm talking out my *** about the subject. It was during the Bush years too, when our paranoia about that area was at an all-time high. I remember walking down the streets, laughing about what a joke of a country it was. Has some cool things to see in it for sure, but the government is total clownshoes.

Assad is a ****head, but it shouldn't be our place to scold him about his affairs, just like we laugh at dictators who show up here and point fingers and tell us how to do things. All this accomplishes is pitting us against the Russians again, and who knows where that will all go.

We've got bigger fish to fry than worrying about a civil disturbance in the Middle East in a country that has no effect on the world's oil supply.
    Last edited by CedarPhin; 02-09-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post

Surely I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to get at in this thread. You don't mean literally "who gives a **** about that place" (paraphrased). Right?
    That is what I'm asking.
    Last edited by CedarPhin; 02-09-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    I've actually been to said area in question, so it's not like I'm talking out my *** about the subject. It was during the Bush years too, when our paranoia about that area was at an all-time high. I remember walking down the streets, laughing about what a joke of a country it was. Has some cool things to see in it for sure, but the government is total clownshoes.

Assad is a ****head, but it shouldn't be our place to scold him about his affairs, just like we laugh at dictators who show up here and point fingers and tell us how to do things. All this accomplishes is pitting us against the Russians again, and who knows where that will all go.

We've got bigger fish to fry than worrying about a civil disturbance in the Middle East in a country that has no effect on the world's oil supply.
    Why so SYRIA???

I amuse myself.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    On a serious note though, Einstein and Ghandi would back up Cedar on this issue.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're attacking my viewpoint from a purely emotional stance, apalled that I could care less what some tinhorn dictator in a rocky ****hole in the Levant is doing to his poor people, missing my point completely.

I read an article yesterday that the US military is studying the situation in Syria. The Chinese and Russians stopped that UN resolution, so I'm hoping to hell that we don't decide we're going to go beat up a one-legged midget in Syria because we can't stomach blood.

I'm simply asking: Why should we as Americans care about what is going on with the Syrians? Similar **** goes on in the United States every day, yet no one cares about that, yet we're all too quick to shake our fists at some idiot running a 5th rate country in the Levant. Like I said, boggles my mind.
    I'm not attacking anything. I just wanted to make sure I understood your point. And now I do.

Thanks.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    More suicide terrorist attacks by the opposition.

Activists and Syrian state television reports that soldiers and civilians were killed in two explosions.

Twenty-five people were killed and 175 people were wounded in two blasts targeting security bases in Syria's northern city of Aleppo on Friday, state television quoted the Health Ministry as saying.
    The opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights quoted residents as saying three blasts occurred, including one near a security forces' building in the city. They also reported hearing gunfire.

A resident contacted by Reuters said an area around a military intelligence complex in the New Aleppo district had been sealed off after the explosions.

Aleppo, Syria's main commercial hub, had been relatively quiet during the 11-month uprising against President Bashar Assad but has seen increasing protests and violence in recent weeks.

On Dec. 23, suicide car bombers struck Damascus in what was then the bloodiest violence in the capital since the revolt against Assad began.

At least 44 people were killed then and the government blamed al Qaida for the attack, which took place one day after the arrival of an Arab League observer mission.

On Jan. 6, a suicide bomber killed 26 people and wounded 63 in Damascus. Syria's Interior Minister Ibrahim al-Shaar vowed an "iron-fist response" to the attack.
    http://www.jpost.com/VideoArticles/V...aspx?id=257292

Not our business. Getting involved in this cluster F would be a huge mistake.
    Last edited by Dolphins9954; 02-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does anyone give a **** about that place?

Boggles my mind.
    Because it's next to Israel. That's why. No one in Congress or the White House or the media will say it out loud but that's a big reason why.
    THIS IS WHAT A REAL HEAD COACH LOOKS LIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld
    So Philbin will be back even though his three seasons in Miami have resulted in a 23-24 record and zero playoff berths. Therefore, we can project another boring season for the Dolphins that sees the players fail to respond to their flat-lining head coach. Philbin has the temperament of a cantaloupe, and too often his team plays as such.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seems like a half-assed attempt at isolating the Iranians to me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Syria is a great country with a rich history.
    In this moment in history, it is just a staging ground for an impending attack on Israel.
    Iran likes to have proxy governments and terrorist organizations do it's dirty work for them.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Syria is a great country with a rich history.
    In this moment in history, it is just a staging ground for an impending attack on Israel.
    Iran likes to have proxy governments and terrorist organizations do it's dirty work for them.
    That sounds familiar.
    Quote Quote