Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 122

Thread: NFL Network: Dolphins should stick with Matt Moore as QB

  1. -91
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,578
    vCash:
    20680
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    He was given a month after they benched him to recover, I mean seriously if the concussion was that bad he would have not played the next week, so he was not rushed that total speculation. Too many excuses he played horrible that season he played well last year and no excuses to that either . After his horrible game versus ST Louis he deserved a benching. he deserves an opportunity to show us more he doesnt deserve to be handed a starting job
    You're right, he doesn't deserve to be handed the job but he does deserve to compete for it from the get-go.

    You do realize don't you that he started 35% of the games for that miserable team and lame duck coach yet delivered 50% of the wins.. and his 1-5 record was better than the next season's upgraded team and energized new coach where Cam started the season also going 1-5 and then 2-9 before the team got some traction? Interestingly the game before the StLouis game, against the 49ers he did throw for 308 yds, 2TDs and 1Ints. Even on that awful, dispirited team, who's to say if they weren't so invested in Clausen, that Moore wouldn't have hit the same sort of stride that Cam ended up doing the next year if allowed to continue on?






    "Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,188
    vCash:
    36690
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    You're right, he doesn't deserve to be handed the job but he does deserve to compete for it from the get-go.

    You do realize don't you that he started 35% of the games for that miserable team and lame duck coach yet delivered 50% of the wins.. and his 1-5 record was better than the next season's upgraded team and energized new coach where Cam started the season also going 1-5 and then 2-9 before the team got some traction? Interestingly the game before the StLouis game, against the 49ers he did throw for 308 yds, 2TDs and 1Ints. Even on that awful, dispirited team, who's to say if they weren't so invested in Clausen, that Moore wouldn't have hit the same sort of stride that Cam ended up doing the next year if allowed to continue on?


    we may never know but lets not act like that team had no weapons on offense. Im not going to disparage moore he had one good a season for us and if he continued to play like that then he would be a find and I could respect him as our qb but we would be doing quite a disservice to ride on him solely. you have to remember though if we sign Fynn there will be no qb competition and rightfully so based on the money we will pay him. Personally I would rather draft a qb, bring back Henne bring back Moore keep Devlin and let the peices fall where they may.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,101
    vCash:
    5064
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    we may never know but lets not act like that team had no weapons on offense. Im not going to disparage moore he had one good a season for us and if he continued to play like that then he would be a find and I could respect him as our qb but we would be doing quite a disservice to ride on him solely. you have to remember though if we sign Fynn there will be no qb competition and rightfully so based on the money we will pay him. Personally I would rather draft a qb, bring back Henne bring back Moore keep Devlin and let the peices fall where they may.
    That's an awful idea.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,956
    vCash:
    19501
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ok, ive read all the posts and here is my take.

    If we trade the farm for Luck or RG3 (not the whole farm for RG3), then im good with it.
    If we get Payton Manning for a reduced price based in incentives, im good with it.. Manning can help Moore get better too and he may have to play should we get him.
    If we get Flynn I am good with it too because even though he is being puffed up a little based on two games where one was against a really crappy D, he deserves a payday because, well, QB's dont grow on trees.
    If we draft a second round type guy in tannehill or Foles or even other no names who lesser known, then you cannot go wrong so long as you get guys who are coachable and have some obvious talent and leadership skills.

    Bottom line: I like Matt Moore. I think he can do better in a full offseason with his new coaches and same players with improved OL. Nobody mentioned those facts from last year. Its a big deal. Matt Moore did very well in that light. Thats why I think Peyton would benefit Moore's carreer whether its here or somewhere else.

    A franchise QB is more the guy you are drafting and you make them your future for a long time based on talent and leadership skills. A starter doesnt have to be someone who is a franchise QB. Joe Flacco a franchise QB? That is a question they are asking in Baltimore whether they admit it or not.

    We should keep looking for QB's this year and next year and next year after that because Ireland is almost there building the rest of the team. Last year I said no to Mallett and others because the timing was not right. We ended up better for having Moore. I trust these guys to find the right people.

    and yes, i would sell the farm for Luck. QB's like him dont come along very often.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    33,188
    vCash:
    36690
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    That's an awful idea.
    So trading up for an RG3 is an awful idea well thats your opinion. Drafting him or Tanney hill later seem like better ideas than any that may be available esp just plain sticking with moore
    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,101
    vCash:
    5064
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So trading up for an RG3 is an awful idea well thats your opinion. Drafting him or Tanney hill later seem like better ideas than any that may be available esp just plain sticking with moore
    Re-signing Henne is an awful idea. Watching Moore another year is a waste. We aren't winning anything with him.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,956
    vCash:
    19501
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Re-signing Henne is an awful idea. Watching Moore another year is a waste. We aren't winning anything with him.
    so whats your solution then sparky?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    13,697
    vCash:
    12420
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    so whats your solution then sparky?
    You do realize that they are other QBs more capable than mediocre Henne and Moore?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,101
    vCash:
    5064
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    so whats your solution then sparky?
    Manning, Flynn or Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    absoluteLance's Avatar
    For Head Coach

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    390
    vCash:
    1354
    Loc:
    oklahoma
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please let matt moore compete with rg3, manning, or flynn in camp so its evident once and for all how lackluster he is.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. NFL NETWORK: Stick a fork in 'em: 2012 Miami Dolphins
    By fisi in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
  2. Miami Dolphins’ Matt Moore right where he needs to be
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 08:45 AM
  3. NFL Network Screws Matt Moore
    By AFCMiamiEast in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 01:39 AM
  4. Matt Moore has no complaints about the Dolphins
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM
  5. Just stick with Matt Moore
    By AphexPhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •