Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network: Dolphins should stick with Matt Moore as QB

1. -101
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You also said Todd Bowles was going to be the head coach......

and you were all for it....... thats even WORSE!!

go away.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

2. -102
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watch all of those who've been on Penny's jock, citing him as the only good QB between Dan and now on account of his smarts, leadership and grasp of the game, now throwing him and his opinions under the bus.. or impugning some of his judgment but not all

Pennington, 35, has undergone four surgeries on his throwing shoulder and said he might soon file his retirement papers. He said the best part of the Dolphins' ongoing search for a quarterback is that they have Matt Moore under contract.

"Regardless of what happens, he's the stability," Pennington said. "He can hold it together. And he's someone who has proven he deserves a shot at the starting role."

Pennington, who switched from playing to broadcasting last season after a torn ACL in a pickup basketball game sidelined him for the season, has been working with NFL Draft prospects at the TEST Football Academy on the Florida Atlantic University campus.

He said pursuing Green Bay backup Matt Flynn in free agency could be the best answer for the Dolphins because it would set up a competition for the starting job between Flynn and Moore.

"Now you've got two guys who have proven they can do it, and with them pushing each other you may get one to take the lead role," Pennington said. "That's not a bad situation."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...s-2163425.html

Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Watch all of those who've been on Penny's jock, citing him as the only good QB between Dan and now on account of his smarts, leadership and grasp of the game, now throwing him and his opinions under the bus.. or impugning some of his judgment but not all
    The problem with Penny's analysis is if we sign Flynn there is no competition. You dont spend that kind of money to say hey go at it. Penny has played in the NFL long enough to realize that but yet makes this silly statement
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking over the QBs who did start in 2011 I would have to put Moore somewhere in the 11-16 range. He wasnt great but he wasnt bad and his play was better then at least 1/2 the othe QBs around the NFL. The real question for me is if last season was his ceiling, or if he turned a corner, and is going to continue to grow into the position. Something he seems to have in Miami is chemistry with his offense. The team overall played better with him under center then they did with Henne. If after Philbin and his staff take a look at him and decide there is something in him thats worth working with and they feel there isnt any better options out there, I have no issue with him being named the starter. He has earned a 2nd look to see if he can build on his sucess last season and correct the deficiencies he has. Moore is a mixed bag of results but its not unussaul for a QB to need a few seasons to develop and I would not shut the door on him just yet. At the bare minium I think he could be at least as good as hostetler was for us. Thats nothing to brag about but it is servicable while we search for something better. I think the approach should be that the starter postion is his to lose. If we can not bring someone into camp that can beat him out then I do not want that guy as the starter until he can. That allows us another look at Moore and allows a rookie QB the benefit of being groomed on the bench so that if he is ever ready/needed to take the field he does it better prepared then just throwing him out straight out of college.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    and you were all for it....... thats even WORSE!!

go away.
    I don't think anyone was really for that. I for one was against Bowles as head coach.

Here to stay.

Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Re-signing Henne is an awful idea. Watching Moore another year is a waste. We aren't winning anything with him.
    Im not saying making either guy your starter is the answer. Moore deserves to be brought back, many thought Henne looked improved so whats the harm in bringing him back cheap. Draft a quality guy and let them duke it out just dont waste a high pick on a 29 year old rookie
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Looking over the QBs who did start in 2011 I would have to put Moore somewhere in the 11-16 range. He wasnt great but he wasnt bad and his play was better then at least 1/2 the othe QBs around the NFL. The real question for me is if last season was his ceiling, or if he turned a corner, and is going to continue to grow into the position. Something he seems to have in Miami is chemistry with his offense. The team overall played better with him under center then they did with Henne. If after Philbin and his staff take a look at him and decide there is something in him thats worth working with and they feel there isnt any better options out there, I have no issue with him being named the starter. He has earned a 2nd look to see if he can build on his sucess last season and correct the deficiencies he has. Moore is a mixed bag of results but its not unussaul for a QB to need a few seasons to develop and I would not shut the door on him just yet. At the bare minium I think he could be at least as good as hostetler was for us. Thats nothing to brag about but it is servicable while we search for something better. I think the approach should be that the starter postion is his to lose. If we can not bring someone into camp that can beat him out then I do not want that guy as the starter until he can. That allows us another look at Moore and allows a rookie QB the benefit of being groomed on the bench so that if he is ever ready/needed to take the field he does it better prepared then just throwing him out straight out of college.
    I personally dont think the qb job should be his to lose. Throw him in a fair competition if you do not get Flynn or Manning and if he is best than start him. I think its pure idiocy to act like well its his job unless he loses it because he never earned the job in the first place. He probably would have been on the bench all year if Henne had not got hurt. Moore played good so unless we get Flynn or manning put him in the mix but dont hand him a damn thing
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im not saying making either guy your starter is the answer. Moore deserves to be brought back, many thought Henne looked improved so whats the harm in bringing him back cheap. Draft a quality guy and let them duke it out just dont waste a high pick on a 29 year old rookie
    Henne sucked against the Texans and Browns before he got hurt. He was also off to a miserable start in San Diego before his injury.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    moore deserves more of a chance to start than some guy with 2 career starts in his nfl career. if we get manning, than thats another story. any other scenario(Flynn,RG3,..etc) moore should start or at least compete for the starting position in which he is heavily favored.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I personally dont think the qb job should be his to lose. Throw him in a fair competition if you do not get Flynn or Manning and if he is best than start him. I think its pure idiocy to act like well its his job unless he loses it because he never earned the job in the first place. He probably would have been on the bench all year if Henne had not got hurt. Moore played good so unless we get Flynn or manning put him in the mix but dont hand him a damn thing
    I'm not suggesting he is handed the job. I think competion for the job must be brought in. What I do not want to see is whoever they bring in is immeadiately given the starter role without a competetion. When you look at the current roster Moore is the best we got and therefor by default he should be considered the starter at this point. Say we sign Flynn as some have speculated, say flynn struggles to pick up the offense in Miami and say Moore continues to show signs of progress, would you want to pull the rug out from under Moore by benching him so that we could give Flynn a chance? Personaly I rather see Moore keep the job and let Flynn or whoever we do get work out the wrinkles on the practice field. Thats just my oppinion of course but I think its a sound approach to manage the situtation we are in. If Moore were to get off to a slow start and drop a few games because of terrible play by him I would be all for yanking him and putting the new guy out there to test the waters with.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote