Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Network: Dolphins should stick with Matt Moore as QB

1. -21
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What did Matt Moore do to warrant the starting job? He played solid, but don't we want to beat the good teams and win SBs?

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I'd hate to be an 8 win team again, but that's only mediocre. We've always been in between a good team and a bad team and I think that's still what we are with Moore. We need a franchise QB.
    Sorry, I see no difference between an 8 win team and a 1 win team. Both are sitting at home during the playoffs while their fans talk about how they're "just one player away." I absolutely agree with you regarding Moore though.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    I disagree with all of you. I think Moore has earned the right to start another year. I have no idea why everyone wants to give Henne a 1/2 decade to start but won't give Moore a full season even though Moore played far better than Henne ever did. Not to mention Moore is under contract for very little money. This site is obsessed with the term " franchise QB ". Give Moore a solid line and a team that doesn't start the season totally out of shape and watch him go.
    Everybody? There were plenty of us that had enough of him before the end of his first year. Moore is better than him, yes; which is why I want to keep him on as a back up over Henne. Moore will be a great back up and transitional starter the rest of his career. That's not a bad thing, but he'll never be anything more than that.

And the site is obsessed with the term "franchise QB" because it refers to the most important position in football.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    i was going to type "i guess they want us to remain irrelevant"

but most of you thought exact same thing.

We got a lot of hatrs.
    you call it being a *****
    i call it being a realist
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked Henne after his first season because I thought since it was his first almost full season, but after I saw he wasn't progressing I didn't want him as our starter anymore. But I willl say I was pulling for Orton to come here, which I regret deeply.

Moore did a good job this past season and he would be a great game manager for us, but he's not going to put us over the top. A franchise QB gives us A great chance to get 10-13 wins a year and take us on a deep playoff run.
    the only way dolphins find franchise qb if they draft one and stick with him during good time and bad times.....other than that it will alway be like moore he deserve second yr to started... we may have find qb just give guy chanve play first and draft rookie qb
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    I disagree with all of you. I think Moore has earned the right to start another year. I have no idea why everyone wants to give Henne a 1/2 decade to start but won't give Moore a full season even though Moore played far better than Henne ever did. Not to mention Moore is under contract for very little money. This site is obsessed with the term " franchise QB ". Give Moore a solid line and a team that doesn't start the season totally out of shape and watch him go.
    Carolina already gave him that opportunity and he sucked.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by 39wildman View Post
    the only way dolphins find franchise qb if they draft one and stick with him during good time and bad times.....other than that it will alway be like moore he deserve second yr to started... we may have find qb just give guy chanve play first and draft rookie qb
    There's only going to be 1 chance to get Manning or Flynn, if we stick with Moore we will continue to be that in between good and bad team and never get a chance to get a franchsie QB. I say we pull the trigger whenever we get the chance.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Sorry, I see no difference between an 8 win team and a 1 win team. Both are sitting at home during the playoffs while their fans talk about how they're "just one player away." I absolutely agree with you regarding Moore though.
    Hey man, I'd hate to be an 8 win team just as bad as you would, it sucks sitting here in January and February. I think if we pass on a QB this offseason we're going to be sitting in the same place wondering why we didn't get Manning or Flynn or any other QB.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's only going to be 1 chance to get Manning or Flynn, if we stick with Moore we will continue to be that in between good and bad team and never get a chance to get a franchsie QB. I say we pull the trigger whenever we get the chance.
    I agree. We have to take a risk whether it's Manning, Flynn, or Griffin. All Matt Moore does is put as at 8-8 or 7-9.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Official Daunte Hater

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Carolina already gave him that opportunity and he sucked.
    Sophomore slump? Go look at his 2009 highlight reels and 2011 highlight reels. Moore played pretty danged good. He's got a good long ball and was hitting Steve Smith all over the field, just like he was hitting Marshall last year. I think he is going to be better than Flynn ever will be.
    In Philbin I trust:

• As offensive coordinator (OC) of Green Bay from 07-10, his offenses ranked in the top 10 in both total yards and scoring.
    • Green Bay has reached the playoffs in three of Philbin’s four seasons as OC.
    • As OC at Harvard (97-98), the Crimson established 15 offensive records.
    • Philbin spent four seasons (90-93) at Allegheny College, highlighted by two undefeated regular seasons and an NCAA Division III national championship in 90.
    Quote Quote