Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Network: Dolphins should stick with Matt Moore as QB

1. -41
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    If there was a less risky option then I would say go for it. Rg3 will cost us several picks and a lot of money. Flynn is a nightmare waiting to happen. Dude will get franchise QB money after only playing 2 games. Manning is a decent option assuming that his contract is entirely based on what he does. Still rather stick with Moore. He is young and playing well despite our crap line, out of shape players, and awful coaching
    If Philbin thinks Flynn is a franchise QB than I'm going to trust the guy who worked with him his whole career. If Philbin thinks he's right for our system then we need to go after him.

If we keep Moore as our back up behind Manning then if Manning's injury starts acting up we have a great back up and Manning won't be paid a ton of money if he doesn't finish the season.
    Credit: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cljh19 View Post
    Say what ya want, but Matt Moore makes me comfortable to go after Manning. I dont care about the stats or his record, none of that. I seen him play and with him we looked pretty strong on offense. He is still young and could still get better. If he could just stop fumbling snaps would make him much better. Partial of that probelm could be due to a rookie center. Most are scared to watch Moore get a second chance due to his Carolina days. What I heard is that his first game that year he got a concussion and was put back in too early and it was all bad from there. Not saying we shouldnt do everything possible to improve but I have a hard time throwing Matt Moore out of the picture. He made some plays that showed he gots a lil bit of the "it" factor. Lets see how he is developed from a coach who is more about the passing game. His last two coaches were Tony Sparano and John Fox.
    I agree 100% Matt showed that he can win games.. If we had to roll with Matt I wouldn't have problem with that.. He came in and did a nice job for someone who didn't have a trainer camp.. learned a new system.. didn't work with the 1's.. Think the boy did very well through all of that.. Now that being said.. Yes I want a franchise Qb and if Flynn, RG3 could give us that then I say go get them.. But I think if Matt had a full offseason and was given a chance he could blossum into something special.. Maybe a Romo type..
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The difference in the SB was plays Manning did make versus plays Brady did not, this time. We need a QB that can make plays happen consistently during the playoffs. That QB is not Matt Moore.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    If Philbin thinks Flynn is a franchise QB than I'm going to trust the guy who worked with him his whole career. If Philbin thinks he's right for our system then we need to go after him.

If we keep Moore as our back up behind Manning then if Manning's injury starts acting up we have a great back up and Manning won't be paid a ton of money if he doesn't finish the season.
    i have no idea why everyone already trusts Philbin despite that fact that he has never been a head coach before. This guy could be far worse than Sparano. Not predicting that just saying he is unproven and may or may not be a good head coach
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    This is my preferred QBs in the offseason:

1.Trade up for RGIII/Andrew Luck(whichever Colts don't choose)

2.Manning

3.Flynn/Moore(I don't think Flynn is a franchise QB, but if Philbin thinks he can do something with him I won't be against it.)

4.Draft Tannehill
    If we can afford to draft high, I like the idea of option 1. It is time.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    i have no idea why everyone already trusts Philbin despite that fact that he has never been a head coach before. This guy could be far worse than Sparano. Not predicting that just saying he is unproven and may or may not be a good head coach
    He has coached Flynn his whole career and was the OC for Aaron Rodgers, so he doesn't exactly have the worst track record. Philbin and Clements have helped Rodgers turn into a franchise QB and have made Flynn look good. If Philbin thinks Flynn can be a franchise QB I'm going to trust him more than a bunch of people on FinHeaven not wanting him just because they haven't seen enough of him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finland View Post
    If we can afford to draft high, I like the idea of option 1. It is time.
    The only thing that scares me about trading up for either of them is if we decide we want to then we will have missed our chance on Manning. So if another team like the Browns or Redskins beat us out on trading up for RGIII or Luck then we're SOL.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm cool with Matt Moore having a spot on the team...but he should be a backup. We need a franchise QB and not more average QB's who can't lead us to the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I all for keeping moore and possibly giving him a chance but to act like its a given that he will perform the same as he did last year and not the previous year is a recipe for disaster.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinsbshaw72 View Post
    I agree 100% Matt showed that he can win games.. If we had to roll with Matt I wouldn't have problem with that.. He came in and did a nice job for someone who didn't have a trainer camp.. learned a new system.. didn't work with the 1's.. Think the boy did very well through all of that.. Now that being said.. Yes I want a franchise Qb and if Flynn, RG3 could give us that then I say go get them.. But I think if Matt had a full offseason and was given a chance he could blossum into something special.. Maybe a Romo type..
    Matt Proved he could go 6-6, he also wasnt very good the previous year which is why he was a scrap pickup in miami. He played well but he definately still has alot to mprove
    Quote Quote