Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade down with the Eagle's Mock Draft

1. -1
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trade down with the Eagle's Mock Draft

Sanu is predicted to be drafted between #15 and #40. I think he would be the perfect pick if we trade down. Instead of picking at #8/#9 we could maybe trade down and get two later picks? It sounds like most of you don't want to reach for an O-lineman early on, so why not take an O-lineman later on and a WR like Sanu? Or take a great pass rusher and WR, and then take an O-lineman?

I love this video of Sanu. It starts off with him running it out of the Wildcat. He also does a great job at blocking...check him around the 55 second - 1 minute mark. He doesn't have 4.4 speed, but he is really strong, runs great routes, and has great hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2bW...eature=related

Would you be willing to trade down with the Eagles....send them our 8th pick for their 15th pick and 46th?

"The Philadelphia Eagles will select at No. 15 if they stay where they are, but with teams in the top 10 looking to move around, Philadelphia may have to get involved.
    One of the most popular teams popping up in trade talks has been the Miami Dolphins at No. 8 or 9 (final order for ties will be determined at scouting combine). As good as No. 15 is, the Eagles could move up and grab the stellar offensive lineman they need while drafting a linebacker prospect in the second round."
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-must-trade-up

R
    ound 1 - 15th overall - Muhamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
    Round 2 - 42nd overall - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
    Round 2 - 46th overall (trade down pick) - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
    Round 3 - 72nd overall - Trumaine Johnson - CB, Montana
    Round 4 - 104th overall - Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What about gates? this is untested and hasn't played not because of talent, but the team didn't target him, Miami has enough receivers, don't waste a pick on something they already have. Miami should go 1. OT, 2. QB 3. TE, 4. DE, 5. DT, 6. S, 7. OT.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nope those guys you have listed can be had without trading down unless your'e just trying to save money. Go get the best OT or the best QB and be done with it, all of this trading seems to work out better for the other teams than us, now if you're not going to pick a QB in this draft, then you may want to do it for future picks, maybe if Matt Barkey or Tyler Wilson next year was available you could use that or those picks to move up next year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dwayne Allen will never make it to the 46th pick! I don't like the idea of trading down as much as I would like them to trade up.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Changing over to the 43 means getting a top notch DE opposite of C.Wake is a huge priority for me. I would stay where we are and pick up Q.Coples and take the best available player between TE (Fleener/Charles) and WR (Sanu) in the 2nd. The pass rush is critical for our future success and having a front four of Q.Coples / R.Starks / J.Odrick / C.Wake looks like a great freakin start.

This is all predicated on getting a QB in FA like Manning or Flynn of course!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not impressed with Gates at all. I don't see him ever contributing more than as a returner and occasional 4th WR running fly routes. If we bring in other receivers and fine another guy who can return kicks, i can see Gates being cut loose.

We do need another receiver right now, and i do like Sanu, i just think we could still get him later than 15.....so if you target him, trade down a little further and try getting even more! That being said, i only draft a WR in the 1st round if 1) Blackmon falls into our lap, or 2) we want to become a pass happy team and get a QB and some OLineman in FA. If we don't get OLineman, it won't matter who is at WR b/c we won't be able to protect our QBs long enough to get the ball to them. If we don't go big in FA for a QB and want to become more of a running/play-action team then you don't need a WR and go Oline/Pass rusher early. And lastly, if you do go hard for Manning, you might be able to get his favorite target to come with him (Reggie Wayne) and again, then you don't need to go WR early.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    I'm not impressed with Gates at all. I don't see him ever contributing more than as a returner and occasional 4th WR running fly routes. If we bring in other receivers and fine another guy who can return kicks, i can see Gates being cut loose.

We do need another receiver right now, and i do like Sanu, i just think we could still get him later than 15.....so if you target him, trade down a little further and try getting even more! That being said, i only draft a WR in the 1st round if 1) Blackmon falls into our lap, or 2) we want to become a pass happy team and get a QB and some OLineman in FA. If we don't get OLineman, it won't matter who is at WR b/c we won't be able to protect our QBs long enough to get the ball to them. If we don't go big in FA for a QB and want to become more of a running/play-action team then you don't need a WR and go Oline/Pass rusher early. And lastly, if you do go hard for Manning, you might be able to get his favorite target to come with him (Reggie Wayne) and again, then you don't need to go WR early.
    Gates played basketball in college with very little football experience. Everyone knew he was raw when we drafted him. You have no patience when it comes to developing players. Wouldn't it be a shame if we cut him and then in the next 2-3 yrs became a big play receiver/deep threat for a team like the Pats?
    I would personally like to see how he develops with a better coaching staff and a full offseason (OTA's, mini camps) before rendering judgement.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    Gates played basketball in college with very little football experience. Everyone knew he was raw when we drafted him. You have no patience when it comes to developing players. Wouldn't it be a shame if we cut him and then in the next 2-3 yrs became a big play receiver/deep threat for a team like the Pats?
    I would personally like to see how he develops with a better coaching staff and a full offseason (OTA's, mini camps) before rendering judgement.
    Agree. But I still think Floyd or Wright would be a heck of a pick in round 1. Floyd with Marshall on the other side is pretty exciting to think about and Wright's acceleration is simply unreal. I'm also concerned that Marshall could implode just as easily as he could explode. Take him out of Miami's lineup and you've got Hartline, Bess and Gates. That's just not gonna cut it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Agree. But I still think Floyd or Wright would be a heck of a pick in round 1. Floyd with Marshall on the other side is pretty exciting to think about and Wright's acceleration is simply unreal. I'm also concerned that Marshall could implode just as easily as he could explode. Take him out of Miami's lineup and you've got Hartline, Bess and Gates. That's just not gonna cut it.
    Floyd has character concerns. Could it be nothing or could it mean everything?

I really like the Jake Bequette pick in the 4th. Is versatile and can provide that pass rusher opposite Wake. Although, I do not know if he will be there in the 4th.
    Last edited by DKphin; 02-15-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Just a Dolphins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I might be a homer but I absolutely love Sanu. I think he will be a 100 catch receiver in time.
    I wanted the Fins to draft Rice, but I will take Sanu. I am not a draft guru, so I am not sure about the 15th pick.
    But I am sure if there was a do-over we would have drafted Ray Rice...
    Quote Quote