Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First 2 picks & FA signing????

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    Your response makes no sense... they both have weak arms which is a fact and I'm entitled to my opinion.
    This makes no sense at all. Moore does have the arm strenght to make deep passes. As Langer points out as well, Miami was amoung the top teams in 20+ yard plays and our receivers have a low YAC. Not sure where you found the FACT that he has a weak arm. Link please.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Another POV

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    This makes no sense at all. Moore does have the arm strenght to make deep passes. As Langer points out as well, Miami was amoung the top teams in 20+ yard plays and our receivers have a low YAC. Not sure where you found the FACT that he has a weak arm. Link please.
    Ok and he averaged 192 yards per game and no 300 yard games in 2011. He's a limited weak arm QB that doesn't take over the game with his arm and limits what we can do as an offense. Brandon Marshall allowed Matt Moore to look decent, Matt Moore did nothing to make our offense "explosive" in 2011.

P.S. In his career he averages 136 yards per game and had only one 300+ yard game in his career
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4535/matt-moore
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    the N E W Dolphilbins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EireTiger View Post
    FA Signing: Matt Flynn

1st round pick: WR Justin Blackmon
    2nd round pick: TE Dwayne Allen

The worst rushing team in the NFL won the Super Bowl. Two of the worst defenses in the NFL played in the Super Bowl. It's about having a QB and a passing game, don't ignore the facts.
    Wrong. So Wrong. The examples you are using contradict your cause. The Giants have an elite pass rush and insanely talented 2ndary that is starting to bloom. Phillips,Rolle,Ross,Webster,Amukamura,JPP,Tuck,OSI,Mathias etc..... This team spends alot of its resources on defense and paid FA Bradshaw big money. The team built on passing with sub-par defense ( Pats ) Like you suggest we copycat, got manhandled and outclassed.
    We move Marshall for all the right reasons, miss out on ole' manning.. then when they dont overpay a backup qb : it's the last straw and jokers are protesting outside the stadium ! All brainwashed by the media. There's no pressure from within the walls of the office, it's all from the uneducated fanbase, and that's why a movement was made to inform the fans of what's going on, because all they had to go off of was the media.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please read what I wrote:

Regarding defense, the Giants defense was 27th and the Patriots defense was 31st in yards allowed. In points allowed the Giants were 25th.

Regarding offense, the Giants were the WORST rushing team in the league. That's the fewest rushing yards in the entire NFL for clarity.

Both the Giants and Patriots are in the top 5 for passing yards.

Don't let the facts get in your way...
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think its funny how some posters project the draft without taking into consideration draft grades. First of all, QB's are almost always drafted ahead of their grade. Tannehill will not be available with the 8th or 9th pick in the 2nd rd. He may even go top 10 to the Redskins (as per some predictions). Allen is unlikely to get out of the 1st rd. This is a copycat league and teams have seen the Pats use their TE's very effectively.
    I'm hoping the FO fills the hole at RT/RG though FA and then draft the highest rated defensive player with their 1st pick, be it CB, DE/OLB.
    I would even be on board with Trent Richardson if he drops. He wore the same uniform as Ingram, but that's where the similarity ends. He's a much more explosive RB.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Miami isn't getting Blackmon. If Miami signs Flynn? We should grab Melvin Ingram from USC. He's Justin Tuck in rookie form. He can play DT in the 4-3 in pass rushing downs, will shore up the 4-3 DE position for years, and in the 3-4 he can stand up. He's a phenomenal talent.

If Miami signs Manning? We grab Reiff. We need to shore up our O-line. Kick him to RT, put Jerry at RG, and STICK WITH IT. Incognito might be a cap casualty but if Miami is in the win now mode for 2 seasons, we are keeping him. Manning at even 80% can make our current offense absolutely stacked.

Reggie Nelson is likely staying with Cinci, which is a shame because he clearly turned a corner and became a solid FS. I'd love to have him in Miami. Landry is a SS, not a FS. We don't need him, and we still have a huge hole @ FS. If it's possible, I'd love to get Reggie Nelson.

So I guess my answer is

Scenario 1) Sigh FA Peyton Manning + Reggie Nelson, draft Reiff in the first, draft George IIaka in the second if no Nelson and if we get Nelson, draft Alfonzo Denard in the 2nd., grab Brendan Washington from Miami in the 3rd. That's pure win now drafting.

Scenario 2) Sign FA Matt Flynn + Reggie Nelson, draft Melvin Ingram in the first, same 2nd round as above, and in the 3rd, grab Jon Massaquoi
    imo what makes you so sure that if manning dosent come to Miami and we go with flynn what makes you so sure we dont go with blackmon in the first , now i see why if we get manning , because we need more protection for him but flynn , blackmon would be the perfect fit ,and then a TE in the 2nd rd.

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridPHIN 23 View Post
    Wrong. So Wrong. The examples you are using contradict your cause. The Giants have an elite pass rush and insanely talented 2ndary that is starting to bloom. Phillips,Rolle,Ross,Webster,Amukamura,JPP,Tuck,OSI,Mathias etc..... This team spends alot of its resources on defense and paid FA Bradshaw big money. The team built on passing with sub-par defense ( Pats ) Like you suggest we copycat, got manhandled and outclassed.
    imo from what i seen it wasnt neither of the 2 you mentioned it was out coached. bottom line.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1st-Kendall Wright....2nd-Dwayne Allen or Colby Fleener
    We need playmakers on offense. Marshall is the only threat we currently have, adding these 2 guys would go a long ways toward actually scoring points. We just better not take Tannehill in the 1st like I've seen a lot of fans calling for. Having watched a ton of Big 12 games I have to wonder if the fans who want Tannehill have actually seen him play. The guys an athlete, not an NFL QB. Doesn't have the accuracy, timing or anticipation.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We now have two excellent offensive coaches, with the ideal oppurtunity to select a young QB, to devolop and tutor into a system, where he has an excellent oppurtunity to become our franchise QB.

If Matt Flynn can become an NFL starting QB, just think what a 21 yr old Brock Osweiler could become with 2-3 years under both Philbin & Sherman.

We have got to think long term and take advantage of why we hired Philbin & Sherman.

I love the idea of drafting, Riley Reiff or WR, then TE in 2nd, but again we are looking short term. Lets get our future franchise QB now!
    Draft
    1-WR-Marqise Lee
    2-DT-Louis Nix
    3-OG-Gabe Jackson
    4-QB-AJ McCarron
    5-DT-Daniel McCullers
    5-CB-Antone Exum
    6-OT-Antonio Richardson
    7-OT-Seantrel Henderson
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EireTiger View Post
    Please read what I wrote:

Regarding defense, the Giants defense was 27th and the Patriots defense was 31st in yards allowed. In points allowed the Giants were 25th.

Regarding offense, the Giants were the WORST rushing team in the league. That's the fewest rushing yards in the entire NFL for clarity.

Both the Giants and Patriots are in the top 5 for passing yards.

Don't let the facts get in your way...
    http://www.silive.com/giants/index.s...inator_ke.html
    Coyle agrees with the theory that the struggling 7-7 Giants caught lightning in a bottle late in the season with their dramatic victories over the Jets and Dallas Cowboys.
    “That’s the beauty of the NFL. I think that’s what we were talking about with the Bengals when we were 7-7 at the end of the season,” he said. “It doesn’t matter what your record is when you get into the playoffs. You’re one of 12 teams and everybody has an equal chance.
    “The Giants were easily on the verge of slipping out of the playoff picture but they’re a hot team. Everybody talks about getting hot, and they’re a hot team. They’re playing better on both sides of the ball. The defense is playing better, the kicking game is making plays, and the offense is clicking.”
    Quote Quote