Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mort: Kravitz is wrong, Manning throwing the ball very hard

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    If this is true why hasn't Manning had a camera crew filming him throwing the ball, even in an informal session?

Until I see video I'm going to continue to assume he isn't throwing the ball very well.
    For who to watch? Internet forum GM's?

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    For who to watch? Internet forum GM's?
    For everyone. At minimum I want a first hand report. Everything so far has been some version of "I talked to someone who watched him throw."
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For everyone. At minimum I want a first hand report. Everything so far has been some version of "I talked to someone who watched him throw."
    He is still under contract with the Colts why would everyone be entitled to anything he is doing?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would anyone take the Chris Weinke case to say anything about Peyton Manning?

As it happens, coincidence of coincidences, I just got done watching some old Weinke games just for the hell of it. He was never the thrower that Peyton Manning was. Manning could throw more crisp passes while sleep walking.

If I'm a concert pianist and I broke my hand, had to have surgery on it, are you going to predict that I'll be playing Stravinsky at Symphony Hall in no time because you're pretty good at playing Chopsticks, and you broke your hand and had the same surgery, and were back to playing Chopsticks again within the year? I'm supposed to find that reassuring?

Oh but I'm certain Chris Weinke assured Peyton very strongly that he will be throwing strong, crisp passes again in no time...just like the strong, crisp passes that Weinke (never) threw.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    He is still under contract with the Colts why would everyone be entitled to anything he is doing?
    It's in Peyton's best interest to show that he's throwing well... if he can. The only reason to not show how he's throwing is if he's not throwing well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Why would anyone take the Chris Weinke case to say anything about Peyton Manning?

As it happens, coincidence of coincidences, I just got done watching some old Weinke games just for the hell of it. He was never the thrower that Peyton Manning was. Manning could throw more crisp passes while sleep walking.

If I'm a concert pianist and I broke my hand, had to have surgery on it, are you going to predict that I'll be playing Stravinsky at Symphony Hall in no time because you're pretty good at playing Chopsticks, and you broke your hand and had the same surgery, and were back to playing Chopsticks again within the year? I'm supposed to find that reassuring?

Oh but I'm certain Chris Weinke assured Peyton very strongly that he will be throwing strong, crisp passes again in no time...just like the strong, crisp passes that Weinke (never) threw.
    Yeah but he can still get a feel for the ups and downs of the process. Just because Weinke wasn't a super thrower of the ball in comparision doesn't mean Weinke can't relate how he got back to his 100%. Just like former Tommy John pitchers. 1 could have had a 100 MPH fastball and the other a 90 MPH one. The Cardinals had 4 starters in their rotation last year that went through the process. And they all felt each others experiences were valuable to their own recovery. Its like saying well your left handed and I am a righty so I can't get a feel from you.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Manning is still recovering. He doesn't want to show how far he has come until it becomes necessary to get the maximum amount of strength and touch back. He is being smart about his situation, even if that creates the speculation by the self serving pundits.
    The Indy local media are probably the most believable source at this point, but you have to wonder if the ownership has some influence over them considering they will access to the players(Luck) in the future.
    All of this will be cleared up when Peyton begins visiting teams in a couple of weeks - months. He doesnt need the money, he is attempting a comeback for the love of the game.
    Right now, I would take any report with a grain of salt.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Pro Peyton people on this board are going to believe the positive reports and the anti are going to believe the negative reports; This is just going to go back and forth until free agency and into OTA's.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thats all we are going to get until he gets released, and until he works out with prospective teams.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote