Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't complain about T-Rich.

Dream Phins Draft (As of 5/6):
    1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Ju'Waun James 4. De'Anthony Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Brandon Linder 7. Nevin Lawson
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And your 2nd Rd pick is????
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
    Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!
    Funny how you don't mention that the Browns ended up with both Griffin and Wright. If the Browns take Griffin and Wright lasts that long, I could definitely see them making those picks, but you have to mention their comfortableness with each other in a mock draft if that's how it turns out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    Yeah that's some pretty impressive stuff in the weight room and he's a solid RB. But that's the last thing position that we need to worry about. And haven't we learned not to take RBs in the first round???????

And I agree that you should try to draft for talent rather than need whenever possible but IMO Miller from the U, Martin from Boise st. and the kid from VaTech are just about as good as richardson and they can be had later.

Id tend to agree with your runningback assessment, but dont get to loud with it. Some folks here really take exception to that opinion.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    Yeah that's some pretty impressive stuff in the weight room and he's a solid RB. But that's the last thing position that we need to worry about. And haven't we learned not to take RBs in the first round???????

And I agree that you should try to draft for talent rather than need whenever possible but IMO Miller from the U, Martin from Boise st. and the kid from VaTech are just about as good as richardson and they can be had later.
    I disagree. Miller is close, but Martin and Wilson are not close to the talent of Richardson. If he is available at 8 or9, you run, not walk, to the podium!
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Richardson is a top 10 talent. Top 18? Probably.

We won't be picking a RB in the first round.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    RB's come and go in this league so fast it seems. even peterson is petering out a bit.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    T RICHARDSON has power AND good speed, as well as good ability as a receiver. HB actually IS a position of need. Consider this: (1) HILLIARD does zippo for me as a HB...FB, pretty good, HB no!!! (2) SLAYTON??? (3) DT to date is an injury-prone bust!!! Now, what if R BUSH goes down, or even gets "dinged"? As things stand, i/m/o, MIAMI's running game ceases to exist. RICHARDSON negates that right from the get-go! And as to "bpa" at the 8th or 9th Pick, don't even TRY to convince me of someone else, unless it's LUCK, RGIII or BLACKMON, all of which is manifestly absurd.

No sir!!! HB is a DEFINITE need, even if DT turns out not to be a bust after all. It would mean that at best, we have precisely TWO legit HBs, and I fear losing BUSH. At #8 or 9, I'd take T RICHARDSON in a blink of an eye, and simply do a "TEBOW" and say "Thank you, God"...in front of EVERYBODY!!! And anyone who didn't like it could kiss my ever-lovin' butt, or better yet, lick it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    T RICHARDSON has power AND good speed, as well as good ability as a receiver. HB actually IS a position of need. Consider this: (1) HILLIARD does zippo for me as a HB...FB, pretty good, HB no!!! (2) SLAYTON??? (3) DT to date is an injury-prone bust!!! Now, what if R BUSH goes down, or even gets "dinged"? As things stand, i/m/o, MIAMI's running game ceases to exist. RICHARDSON negates that right from the get-go! And as to "bpa" at the 8th or 9th Pick, don't even TRY to convince me of someone else, unless it's LUCK, RGIII or BLACKMON, all of which is manifestly absurd.

No sir!!! HB is a DEFINITE need, even if DT turns out not to be a bust after all. It would mean that at best, we have precisely TWO legit HBs, and I fear losing BUSH. At #8 or 9, I'd take T RICHARDSON in a blink of an eye, and simply do a "TEBOW" and say "Thank you, God"...in front of EVERYBODY!!! And anyone who didn't like it could kiss my ever-lovin' butt, or better yet, lick it.
    Okay, here we go again.

RB's are a dime a dozen.

The leading rushers in the NFL this last season, and where they were drafted:

Maurice Jones-Drew Round 2-pick 60
    Arian Foster- UDFA
    Fred Jackson-UDFA
    Darren McFadden 1st round pick 5
    LeSean McCoy-Round 2 pick 53
    Ray Rice-Round 2 pick 55
    Michael Turner-Round 5 Pick 154
    Matt Forte-Round 2 Pick 44

RB's are a dime a dozen, and I am FAR from sold on Richardson as being worthy of a top 15 pick. Far far from it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Greetings from Portlandia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, OR
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to see Oregon RB LaMicheal James in a Dolphins uniform. He should be able to learn to do everything Reggie Bush does, and if Bush gets hurt.... Not sure where to draft him (2nd,3rd) but he would be a good fit for an offense designed around Bush.

Mike Sherman would know if we should draft Tannehill.

RW
    Quote Quote