Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Huff?

1. -11
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Bell but the league has figured him out. He is like a DT in the secondary.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFINest View Post
    lol funny dude. he's a little past his prime IMO and i think we are pretty stacked at DL. also depends if we bring Langford and/or Soliai back
    I think he'd be a solid backup, and with his size him and Soliai would be intimidating (If he did start). He had a good year for the Raiders as a backup, and spot starter (3 games, and they won em all)

Just an option depending on McDaniels, Merling, Langford.

Henderson 6'7 335, Soliai, 6'4 355 .....
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why is there a label of "Rumor" next to the title of this thread???
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

No thanks on huff...Michael griffen may be available in Tennessee and while I don't think he's special by any means I do think he'd be an upgrade at free safety
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    No thanks on huff...Michael griffen may be available in Tennessee and while I don't think he's special by any means I do think he'd be an upgrade at free safety
    I'll always remember Griffin for that jump ball play he gave up against us where Hartline came down with it for like a 50 yard gain.

You always want at least one safety with good ball skills and I think if we jettison Bell then Jones can be that guy. If my memory serves me correctly the Bengals run mostly cover 2 man under anyway which takes pressure off of you to have great safeties in general. Clemons and Jones with Culver as a main backup is something I think can work, freeing us up to spend money elsewhere (QB, seam TE, pass rusher, RT, and LG, assuming they do the smart thing and move Incog to RG where he belongs or even get rid of him in the recognition that he fits into a ZBS about as well as he fits into a Smart Car).
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I'll always remember Griffin for that jump ball play he gave up against us where Hartline came down with it for like a 50 yard gain.

You always want at least one safety with good ball skills and I think if we jettison Bell then Jones can be that guy. If my memory serves me correctly the Bengals run mostly cover 2 man under anyway which takes pressure off of you to have great safeties in general. Clemons and Jones with Culver as a main backup is something I think can work, freeing us up to spend money elsewhere (QB, seam TE, pass rusher, RT, and LG, assuming they do the smart thing and move Incog to RG where he belongs or even get rid of him in the recognition that he fits into a ZBS about as well as he fits into a Smart Car).
    agreed on incog...bad move guard fit...as for clemons he never showed me instincts for the vertical passing game or ball skills...he got lost on any ball over his head...i don't think you can teach a guy who lacks ball skills just that...seemed like he was late a lot outside the #s down the field and frankly imo if not for that rediculous speed of his he would have been a major eye sore...i like him pretty good though when the plays in front of him...

problem with michael griffen for me though is while he does have high end ball skills something says to me he's expecting a major pay day...like top 5 safety money range...and he's not that level all around player

agreed on reshad jones ball skills...they're the best of any safety on the roster
    Quote Quote