Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: what should we do?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take best player available

13 36.11%
  • trade down

17 47.22%
  • take best lineman

2 5.56%
  • screw it trade the whole draft away for the #2 spot

4 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what should we do?

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

what should we do?

at 8 or nine we are in a tough spot imo. in your opinion what should we do if we cant trade up?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Depends on free agency. The way I see it Miami has to get the qb situation solved and add a pass rusher opposite Cam Wake. Those are the two primary issues this offseason. Time will tell if the Dolphins are high on Matt Flynn. If he is signed then I'd say someone like Courtney Upshaw in the first round. If Miami doesn't get a qb in free agency I'd look to trade up for Robert Griffin III.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    As much as I like RGIII, I'm not trading my whole draft for him. At this point you gotta take BPA, and if you have a bunch of guys rated similar then you gauge your need and depth of that position in the draft.

One thing is for certain, quality pass rushers are found in the first round, that needs to be a priority. Elite WR's are found in the first round. RB's like Trent Richardson are only first round quality. Guards who can move like Decastro are only found in the first round. There is no wrong pick here, just make sure you are getting the most bang out of your pick, regardless of the position.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if we could trade down 7-10 spots and pick up more picks that would be ideal. We, IMHO, have no shot at Luck or RGIII and this draft is loaded with talent at positions we need i.e. OL, RB, CB, and S. Hell, even at TE you can get good value. While I do not think the 2nd tier QBs are ready to start, I think a couple show some potential. I know it is not fashionable, but a late rd. pick I find intriguing is B.J. Coleman.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    As much as I like RGIII, I'm not trading my whole draft for him. At this point you gotta take BPA, and if you have a bunch of guys rated similar then you gauge your need and depth of that position in the draft.

One thing is for certain, quality pass rushers are found in the first round, that needs to be a priority. Elite WR's are found in the first round. RB's like Trent Richardson are only first round quality. Guards who can move like Decastro are only found in the first round. There is no wrong pick here, just make sure you are getting the most bang out of your pick, regardless of the position.
    I agree with point 1.
    And Point 2
    We don't need a WR IMHO, unless Blackmon falls
    Richardson might be the most over-rated RB I have seen in a decade, and I have finally seen the light. Taking a RB in the first round is not usually a good idea.
    If you look around the league at elite RB's or even the top 10, very very very few were taken 1st round. AP comes to mind, but that's about it.
    The Cheatriots two RB's were both UDFA and they are both pretty darn good.
    Foster in Houston
    Both RB's in NYG are later round guys...and that list goes on and on and on and on.

I think, unless we end up with Mario Williams (Very well might happen) then Upshaw has to be at the very top of the list. I would also STRONGLY consider a RT, especially if we can trade back.

RGIII might or might not end up being a good QB, and if we go after him, so-beit...but I wouldn't.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm really hoping for Peyton, it would definitely shape out the draft for us. Trading down would be ideal imo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDog13 View Post
    I'm really hoping for Peyton, it would definitely shape out the draft for us. Trading down would be ideal imo.
    I am hoping for either Peyton or Flynn as well. I'm personally not that sold on Flynn, but if your new coach decides he's worth going after, I am perfectly fine with it.

Can you imagine if we pick up both Manning/Flynn AND Super Mario? The draft would be WIDE freakin open for us!!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trade down and pick up an extra pick.
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Depends on free agency. That will make this question much more relevant then. Take that out of consideration and this is the one and only senario? Its a gun slingers league now. I go Ditka style. Trade the farm for #2. We have proven we can't win without one and all the other options have been used in the past by us so I am not sure why you would even consider any of the others.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think trading down gives you the best value. there's a lot of talent at the bottom of round 1 and really throughout round 2. ireland could have 3-4 high picks in this draft. if he drafts some difference makes and hits on them it will put us over the top. well also save even more money ( i know rookie wage scales in effect but still bottom round 1 is cheaper then top 10). and we could grab 1-2 free agents. that wouldd gives u like 5-6 new difference makers. can you say playoffs?

Flynn and Landry in FA
    Tight End, Right Tackle, Pass Rusher in draft.
    Quote Quote