Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Texans Guard Mike Brisiel be a good fit for Miami?

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm trying to follow this thread but I feel like I've been "PULLED" in all kinds of directions.....lol

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    Ok... really trying to understand where you get the 'trying to trick' aspect from Zone. It's a movement scheme where the RB reads the colour.

This is in no way a 'trick' scheme. Also... pulling OL is not fundamental to the zone scheme... teams do it yes by adding it to the foundation.

As for 'pulling in different directions' I might have misunderstood here, but if you're saying that one OL pulls one way and another OL pulls another way, then this would be incorrect. It for one would get a lot of backfield players broken!

Last year our scheme was heavy on pulling, mostly with the Power.

Furthermore... when you say that 'no way those fat boys can zone block'... I would say... Jake Long, 325lbs... yes he could. Nate Garner, 325lbs, yes. Colombo at 330lbs. No. Carey at 340lbs, No Jerry at 328 - possibly? Incognito at 324 - Yes. Now, what I would say is that they are not the prototypical zone blocking OL, but could do a pretty decent job in my opinion. Especially Long/Incognito/Pouncey/Garner/Jerry or Murtha [hmm.... decent OL me thinks right there, saves having to spend a top pick on another OL]. They are athletes... and can move. but also bring some beef, so we could... end up having a hybrid OL, as you transition to the preferred type of OL a ala Denver under Gibbs and Houston now.

I still maintain we have enough 'decent' talent on the OL in house to get through next year without having to dip into FA or Draft... use that for playmakers...

Pat

P.s. - Offense - London style [we're in Blue] http://www.youtube.com/user/wobbleca...17/XYHOiGHfrSQ
    You're a better man than I. I lacked the stamina to dive into that post.

But you're absolutely right on all of it. I would add that when I watched John Jerry at Ole Miss I saw him as more of a zone/movement blocker than anything else, FWIW. Surprising good feet, big frame. Not good with leverage yet which is why I didn't see him doing awesome in a power scheme. Sort of a moving wall type player. Incognito obviously isn't ideal. I think Garner would be a nice try in that scheme.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeScott View Post
    I think the fins will bring in Wells (q/c) from Greenbay
    Possible, but to bring him in as a Center they'll have to convince Jeff Ireland and that will be a hard sell. Ireland didn't draft Mike Pouncey at #15 overall to move him all around the offensive line stunting his growth. He wants him as the Dolphins' Center for the next 12 years...another Olin Kreutz.

On the other hand, when Mike Sherman drafted Scott Wells (Sherman drafted him as Sherman was both HC and GM at the time), he had him as a Guard, and played him as a Guard. So there's a possibility they could bring in Wells as a Guard, but that would probably be a hard sell to Wells himself.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Possible, but to bring him in as a Center they'll have to convince Jeff Ireland and that will be a hard sell. Ireland didn't draft Mike Pouncey at #15 overall to move him all around the offensive line stunting his growth. He wants him as the Dolphins' Center for the next 12 years...another Olin Kreutz.

On the other hand, when Mike Sherman drafted Scott Wells (Sherman drafted him as Sherman was both HC and GM at the time), he had him as a Guard, and played him as a Guard. So there's a possibility they could bring in Wells as a Guard, but that would probably be a hard sell to Wells himself.
    This post is confusing, you seem to know things that only a GM or Agent would know.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

UGH

Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    P.s. - Offense - London style [we're in Blue] http://www.youtube.com/user/wobbleca...17/XYHOiGHfrSQ
    Boy that game is hard to watch
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    You're a better man than I. I lacked the stamina to dive into that post.
    I wanted to ignore it, but just couldn't... it made no sense to me at all.. tried to clarify... then got more uncertainty. Hey ho.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    Boy that game is hard to watch
    Because?
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    This post is confusing, you seem to know things that only a GM or Agent would know.
    Maybe he does???

CK has been around a long time, has connections, knows what he is talking about, and is well respected here.

You are a rookie here.
    Quote Quote