Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennington: Phins close to competeing with Pitt/NE

1. -11
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheringPlant View Post
    This is still a team that looked like it was going to go 0fer through the whole first half of the year.
    Not with Philbin coaching this team. Get us a quality QB and we're right in the playoff mix.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't deny we have a very good team...I don't understand how the jets are sooooo much closer than we are..Alan Faneca,Mawae isn't there anymore.I believe we are closer to competing than cell dwellers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by kloud_9 View Post
    You can't deny we have a very good team...I don't understand how the jets are sooooo much closer than we are..Alan Faneca,Mawae isn't there anymore.I believe we are closer to competing than cell dwellers.
    Well we are favored to win the Super Bowl over half the league 15-16th I believe. 30 to 1 odds. Still middle of the road, but if we get ourselves a competent quality starting QB either in the draft or thru FA, then we've gotta be in the hunt for the division at the very least. There IS pretty good talent on this team...just not where we'd like it to be. Shoring up the right side of the OL and FS positions will also help. I think New England takes a step back next year (most Super Bowl runner ups do). Plus, that aging defense is gonna come back and haunt them soon enough. The rest of the AFC doesn't look super tough aside from the AFC North.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    All we need is a franchise QB.

....And to replace our RG/RT with quality players.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kloud_9 View Post
    The Jets took a step back hiring Sparano to call the plays. He will not have confidence in Sanchez, so they will be ground and pound. IMO, They can be successful with that, it can make them competitive, but they will have trouble scoring points. The Jets defense is not as good as 2010 either. They have some serious problems.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    He's not too far off... the one thing we need for that nucleus of players to react is a QB though. Thanks though Pennington! Kind words from him. Maybe we could find a role for him somewhere on the staff
    We still need a QB coach.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparanos13 View Post
    the AFC is weakening, Brady is in his twilight and nobody knows what is going on with Manning, yea you have big ben but the steelers defense is getting old, the power has shifted to the NFC, just look at all the franchise QB's in the NFC, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Vick, Romo, Stafford, Cutler, Bradford, Freeman, Cam Newton, the AFC is much weaker now and if we make the right decision at QB (Manning, Flynn, RG3) and some good draft picks and free agents, then this team is in the position to seriously compete for the next 3-7 years depending on which QB we get, the core is there.
    This is a joke, right? VICK is d*(k; ROMO's a creation of the Media, who can be counted on to choke in crunch time against anyone even mediocre; CUTLER's overrated, and can't beat anyone good; FREEMAN has been exposed; STAFFORD's at the "potential" stage; BRADFORD's a joke in disguise; and NEWTON has one year, and now everyone knows "what he's got", so we'll see. I count exactly THREE (3) topshelf QBs in the NFC. The rest are competent pretenders/unknown quantities. NONE of them are close to BRADY--not even CLOSE!! And i'm'o, NONE are close to Big BEN, either. If he had a solid OL instead of the STEELERS' p/o/s, it'd be much more clear. The NFC has a LOT of POWERFUL TEAMS...NOT necessarily a lot of powerful QBs. In fact, I count 3, w/at most--AT MOST--2 "maybe"s.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    This is a joke, right? VICK is d*(k; ROMO's a creation of the Media, who can be counted on to choke in crunch time against anyone even mediocre; CUTLER's overrated, and can't beat anyone good; FREEMAN has been exposed; STAFFORD's at the "potential" stage; BRADFORD's a joke in disguise; and NEWTON has one year, and now everyone knows "what he's got", so we'll see. I count exactly THREE (3) topshelf QBs in the NFC. The rest are competent pretenders/unknown quantities. NONE of them are close to BRADY--not even CLOSE!! And i'm'o, NONE are close to Big BEN, either. If he had a solid OL instead of the STEELERS' p/o/s, it'd be much more clear. The NFC has a LOT of POWERFUL TEAMS...NOT necessarily a lot of powerful QBs. In fact, I count 3, w/at most--AT MOST--2 "maybe"s.
    Why do you capitalize every other word in your posts?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Caps Lock key seizures.
    Quote Quote