Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Koa Misi may be man without position with Miami Dolphins

1. -61
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Koa Misi is a career backup, the guy is horrible. He only had 3 pass deflections in his career with no INT's and NO forced fumbles, people complain that we can't cover TE's but say Misi is good in coverage?

I don't think he's good at anything other than being late to the party and eating everybody else's left overs. The guy is str8 trash and hot garbage!!!

(2 seasons) Career stats 28 games played 20 starts 75 tackles (37 tackle average per year) 5.5 sacks (1 in 2011) 3 Pass deflections (1 in 2011) 0 (zero) forced fumbles
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Misi isn't horrible even if you go by his production in the past 2 years. The entire roster slumped in 2011 and he battled injuries for most of the season until he got placed on IR. Really think they will look for him to play OLB in both the 4-3 and 3-4 looks and possibly even DE in 4-3.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvince75 View Post
    I don't get why some of you guys still want Kindle. He hasn't shown he can even get on the football field let alone make an impact. Misi's production hasn't been what you want from a second rounder but he's still a young player and it's too early to call him a bust.
    Thanks & agreed.

It seems "In the crying over spilled milk" category i.e. players that could have been phins we can add Kindle to the list w/ Gronk, J Graham, Brees, JPP, Clint Sintim, A Rodgers, Tebow, Mallett, ad infinitum.
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Misplaced PhinFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Live Oak, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's hilarious how people come on here stating we could have had <insert name>, the draft is not an exact science and most players have pros and cons coming out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    Koa Misi is a career backup, the guy is horrible. He only had 3 pass deflections in his career with no INT's and NO forced fumbles, people complain that we can't cover TE's but say Misi is good in coverage?

I don't think he's good at anything other than being late to the party and eating everybody else's left overs. The guy is str8 trash and hot garbage!!!

(2 seasons) Career stats 28 games played 20 starts 75 tackles (37 tackle average per year) 5.5 sacks (1 in 2011) 3 Pass deflections (1 in 2011) 0 (zero) forced fumbles
    Did he do your girlfriend or something? You seem to have an intense hatred for the guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    It would be insanity to lose Soliai and still want to run a 3-4. You lose him, the decision's made. You're running a 4-3.

If you decide you want to run a 3-4 or a multiple defense then you pay Soliai what he wants and that's the end of it. Restructure Jake Long. Restructure whoever.
    you're gonna take a hit in the short run no doubt but i don't think its 'insanity"...i mean i get what you're saying in the short term especially but i would be willing to run a hybrid d with or without solia provided i brought in something cheaper on the street to fill the nose in the short term and likely used a high round pick on a nose for the future...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    walrus is correct sergio kindles cod and hips were horrid for a 34 olb convert prospect...hell that kid was so overrated its not funny...he needed clean looks and straight line looks at that...very stiff hipped...i remember when mayock had him as the 12th rated prospect in that draft heading into the combine and i was like you gotta be kiddin me mike...i wouldn't have touched him in the 3rd damn round

the branch kid this year from clemson is severely overrated also...except unlike kindle branch has pretty good hips and cod...he's just got average get off and pass rush arsenal...kid doesn't have great tools yet he's being talked about as a top 30 pick...buyer beware

as for navarro bowman that kid is legit in his own right...the speed of the 49ers lbs is rediculous...bowman is a key cog

you want to talk about a name who had high end pass rush tools and we should have taken with that pick instead of misi for olb look no further than jason worilds in pittsburgh who i said the day after we drafted koa we should have taken instead of koa because of his pass rush tools and sure enough whenever that kid gets run they are front and center on display...jason worilds has way more going for him from as a pass rusher than koa misi ever damn will...

as for koa i do think he's a solid cover lb as a solb but we don't or we didn't under nolan ask the solb to handle man coverage down the field we asked him to drop into soft zones and handle man coverage in the flats...so the real shut down coverage aspect is pretty much out the window...koa does have nice hips and cod but he lacks explosive closing speed and quick short area acceleration
    Quote Quote