Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: Koa Misi may be man without position with Miami Dolphins

  1. -11
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    You make no sense here, you say he's not quick enough to beat a LT???? I don't even feel like putting the energy into responding to you based on that alone. If his only move is a bull rush and he still wasn't successful then obviously he needs to get stronger.

    In other words re-read my post and try again...
    It makes perfect sense. Lt's are big and strong and usually have the best feet out of any of the starting 5 of a line..He is not fast enough to beat left tackles..point blank..We know that. He only has one pass rush move the bull rush. Players knew what was coming when they faced him..Why is that so hard to understand?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    188
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

    PATHETIC

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Lt's are big and strong and usually have the best feet out of any of the starting 5 of a line..He is not fast enough to beat left tackles..point blank..We know that. He only has one pass rush move the bull rush. Players knew what was coming when they faced him..Why is that so hard to understand?
    He never faced the LT, Cameron Wake did. Your completely making this all up just for argument sake, WHY do you think we brought back Jason Taylor??? To rush against the RT's and Jason had a better season than Wake did because of that. Wake ALWAYS faces the offenses best Tackle PERIOD!!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    He never faced the LT, Cameron Wake did. Your completely making this all up just for argument sake, WHY do you think we brought back Jason Taylor??? To rush against the RT's and Jason had a better season than Wake did because of that. Wake ALWAYS faces the offenses best Tackle PERIOD!!

    No he didnt, did you watch games bro? Wake was lined up against RT's pretty much all year long.. That's what 34 teams often do...You put your best pass rusher against their worst pass protector...Its called a matchup advantage.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    188
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    No he didnt, did you watch games bro? Wake was lined up against RT's pretty much all year long.. That's what 34 teams often do...You put your best pass rusher against their worst pass protector...Its called a matchup advantage.
    Wake always lined up over the LT, that allows him to be a bigger threat and just PASS RUSH ALL DAY. It makes the offense game plan differently to avoid running to his side where their best Lineman could be more effective!!!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    888
    vCash:
    1639
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MP-Omnis View Post
    Could have had Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham too.
    I could have won the powerball lottery on Saterday. If only I knew then what I know now.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    Wake always lined up over the LT, that allows him to be a bigger threat and just PASS RUSH ALL DAY. It makes the offense game plan differently to avoid running to his side where their best Lineman could be more effective!!!
    No he didnt man..Go back and rewatch the games..He is over the RT around 90% of the time..Its a matchup advantage for us..
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mkVMsQbQY



    Look at this highlight reel if you can..Almost every play he is facing the right tackle.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    188
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    No he didnt man..Go back and rewatch the games..He is over the RT around 90% of the time..Its a matchup advantage for us..
    I looked at the film, when Koa Misi started Wake was on the rightside but when Jason Taylor took his starting spot they moved him back over the LT

    P.S. and you will notice Koa Misi getting MAN HANDLED EVERYTIME
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2010
    Posts:
    216
    vCash:
    1688
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    He never faced the LT, Cameron Wake did. Your completely making this all up just for argument sake, WHY do you think we brought back Jason Taylor??? To rush against the RT's and Jason had a better season than Wake did because of that. Wake ALWAYS faces the offenses best Tackle PERIOD!!
    Wake faced the RT. dude. koa is plenty strong but needs some sideline to sideline speed
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    188
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The film you linked is from 2010, I'm talking 2011 when Jason Taylor started.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/...on/3-4-defense
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Dolphins to experiment with position switch for Koa Misi
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 05:44 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
  3. Clemons, Misi are making strides for Miami Dolphins
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 11:54 AM
  4. Modest progress for Miami Dolphins rookies Odrick, Misi
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:02 PM
  5. Miami Dolphins hoping top rookies Odrick, Misi have 'bite'
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •