Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Koa Misi may be man without position with Miami Dolphins

  1. -21
    NYPhin24's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,199
    vCash:
    1267
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mkVMsQbQY



    Look at this highlight reel if you can..Almost every play he is facing the right tackle.
    side note, after watching that video, please pay the man, get him locked up, he is a beast, can you imagine our "pass rush" if he was not on the team? Wouldnt doubt if we were dead last in sacks if he was not here
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    87
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    He never faced the LT, Cameron Wake did. Your completely making this all up just for argument sake, WHY do you think we brought back Jason Taylor??? To rush against the RT's and Jason had a better season than Wake did because of that. Wake ALWAYS faces the offenses best Tackle PERIOD!!
    Pretty sure Wake was going up against the RT a majority of the time. I'm sure they switched at times but for the most part, Misi and Taylor lined up on the outside of the LT.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    insomnia411's Avatar
    The world is your's...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    2,910
    vCash:
    2855
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we're lucky Koa will be a man without a team sooner than later... Then again, I'd like the ******* who drafted him to be out the door as well.

    "I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,636
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    The film you linked is from 2010, I'm talking 2011 when Jason Taylor started.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/...on/3-4-defense

    Bro its from this past year 2011...Are you trolling? The depth chart is dumb.. They list him as the ROLB but most of the time he is lined up as a LOLB. Trust me man..
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,636
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    side note, after watching that video, please pay the man, get him locked up, he is a beast, can you imagine our "pass rush" if he was not on the team? Wouldnt doubt if we were dead last in sacks if he was not here
    Yea the only problem is he is 30 and I wonder how he is going to do as a DE in a 43 if thats his role..Which I would imagine it is..Wake has always had trouble with LT's thats why he gets matched up with RT's So I wonder what side he plays? It really depends on what scheme we play and how far out he is..He needs to be put as wide as possible so he can use his speed but that puts you in a pickle run defense wise.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    SuperMarksBros.'s Avatar
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2001
    Posts:
    6,577
    vCash:
    3352
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good thing we got ourselves a Parcells guy
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Show Me Your TDs's Avatar
    My head's on Fire!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    1,454
    vCash:
    2753
    Loc:
    Panhandle, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    He never faced the LT, Cameron Wake did. Your completely making this all up just for argument sake, WHY do you think we brought back Jason Taylor??? To rush against the RT's and Jason had a better season than Wake did because of that. Wake ALWAYS faces the offenses best Tackle PERIOD!!
    Did you watch any of the games last year? Wake lined up against the right side of the offense the majority of the time. Hand down or up.

    Does RT Nate Solder ring a bell.....
    Dick Butkus: "I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important like a league game or something."
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    188
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Bro its from this past year 2011...Are you trolling? The depth chart is dumb.. They list him as the ROLB but most of the time he is lined up as a LOLB. Trust me man..
    My bad I watched a different video that had 2010 mixed in, I see your point when Koa Misi played your right he did face LT's. You have to admit even the video message stated due to Koa Misi being handled by the LT he made teams double and sometimes triple team (chip block) Cameron Wake. Its not like Cameron Wake was 1 on 1 with the RT, so there isn't much of an advantage that you speak of outside of him simply being a beast.

    Do you honestly think if he (Wake) is 1 on 1 with any Tackle 7 - 10 times he wouldn't abuse that Tackle no matter which side they lined up on? Rushing from the QB's blind side is an advantage IMO, not getting doubled teamed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Yea the only problem is he is 30 and I wonder how he is going to do as a DE in a 43 if thats his role..Which I would imagine it is..Wake has always had trouble with LT's thats why he gets matched up with RT's So I wonder what side he plays? It really depends on what scheme we play and how far out he is..He needs to be put as wide as possible so he can use his speed but that puts you in a pickle run defense wise.
    In a 4-3 defense Cameron will be the RDE IMO facing up against the LT, this for most teams is the weak side run.

    Running behind you LT with no TE next to him means your bringing a lead blocker to fill that void in power run plays. If they line up a TE next to the LT the strongside linebacker would adjust over to that side to anticipate a strong side run.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    LANGER72's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    9,305
    vCash:
    30877
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't develop speed or quickness, you are born with it. Misi is a solid player in the right scheme. He is not a pass rushing LB.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,636
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    My bad I watched a different video that had 2010 mixed in, I see your point when Koa Misi played your right he did face LT's. You have to admit even the video message stated due to Koa Misi being handled by the LT he made teams double and sometimes triple team (chip block) Cameron Wake. Its not like Cameron Wake was 1 on 1 with the RT, so there isn't much of an advantage that you speak of outside of him simply being a beast.

    Do you honestly think if he (Wake) is 1 on 1 with any Tackle 7 - 10 times he wouldn't abuse that Tackle no matter which side they lined up on? Rushing from the QB's blind side is an advantage IMO, not getting doubled teamed.

    In a 4-3 defense Cameron will be the RDE IMO facing up against the LT, this for most teams is the weak side run.

    Running behind you LT with no TE next to him means your bringing a lead blocker to fill that void in power run plays. If they line up a TE next to the LT the strongside linebacker would adjust over to that side to anticipate a strong side run.
    Na, I love Wake as much as the next guy and he deserves credit but he is not abusing any LT... In the NE game he was pretty much a Non factor..and he was facing a rookie..Again I love the guy he is our best defensive player hands down but he can be neutralized. As far as him being double teamed? Thats not Koa Misi's fault..Thats our interior linemans fault..Teams generally dont give their LT help. If they put a Te on that side teams will just flip their best pass rusher to the other side..You see teams flip alll the time..The D can decide matchups..thats their advantage..so if you have 5 against 4 most of the time the tackles are on an island.. If their te is next to a tackle alot of times Wake would lineup wider than that TE. They would chip sometimes but again thats an advantage for us cause the Tight has to take him to chip him. Based on how wide the 2 Dts are in that 4 man rush it creates that island.. Wake has a great motor which is why he is a great pass rusher and he has an amazing first step...The biggest advantage to moving Wake on a RT is when teams are in spread formations.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Dolphins to experiment with position switch for Koa Misi
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 05:44 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
  3. Clemons, Misi are making strides for Miami Dolphins
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 11:54 AM
  4. Modest progress for Miami Dolphins rookies Odrick, Misi
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:02 PM
  5. Miami Dolphins hoping top rookies Odrick, Misi have 'bite'
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •