Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Koa Misi may be man without position with Miami Dolphins

1. -41
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Grownkoski wouldn't be as good in our offense, neither would've Graham.

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    misi if we are going 43 should absolutely get some looks at lb...he played a goalline like lb roll a few times this season for us and shot the gap to make a few text book tackles on the inside...i'd be giving him reps at lb in camp and this offseason...asking misi to win against tackles in this league given his average tools and the fact that everyone and their mother is sitting on his bullrush at this point is just not gonna happen...guy was overdrafted frankly if we were expecting the guy to make an impact as a pass rusher at olb given his limited rush arsenal and average tools...never use a top 50 pick on a pass rush position player that doesn't have high end rush tools...

i think if you plan on using misi in a 43 at de you damn well better do it sparingly...very package specific and what that package is i'm not really sure...if its 43 glaring hole for us is like walrus has said lde...a 3 down player for that spot is not on the roster

one thing i will say though is odrick played some end in 4 man fronts and had some success for us as a pass rusher...i liked his upside out there more than langford when he would get run at end in those 4 man rush looks...but the thing about odrick is if you lose solia and langford odricks a must 43 dt interior rush player or you have a 43 dt hole you must fill...and i'm not sure i want to see odrick at end in a 43 every snap...i think he's a much better interior quickness and hand use off the snap penetration player
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and like i said before and i'm sayin it again now if its a hybrid d and we are gonna run some 34 looks if we lose solia in free agency i'm looking hard at taamu from uw with that high 2nd round pick should he get to me...he's more ready right now to contribute than solia was when he came out and imo a 1st round grade talent likely that you can get in the 2nd round...taamu is quite talented and while i don't think he'd be solia from the jump i think in 2 years he'd be one of the legit noses in the league

and you can't run a high end level 34 without a nose that puts in work...a man in the middle
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    koa missing...

Good bye.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    and like i said before and i'm sayin it again now if its a hybrid d and we are gonna run some 34 looks if we lose solia in free agency i'm looking hard at taamu from uw with that high 2nd round pick should he get to me...he's more ready right now to contribute than solia was when he came out and imo a 1st round grade talent likely that you can get in the 2nd round...taamu is quite talented and while i don't think he'd be solia from the jump i think in 2 years he'd be one of the legit noses in the league

and you can't run a high end level 34 without a nose that puts in work...a man in the middle
    It would be insanity to lose Soliai and still want to run a 3-4. You lose him, the decision's made. You're running a 4-3.

If you decide you want to run a 3-4 or a multiple defense then you pay Soliai what he wants and that's the end of it. Restructure Jake Long. Restructure whoever.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Grownkoski wouldn't be as good in our offense, neither would've Graham.
    They will both still be at minimum 800 yard receiving Tight Ends with our ****ty quarterbacks. Still a huge upgrade over what we currently have.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Koa Misi sucks and is a BUST!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if a free agent/rookie takes his spot next year.

We could have draft Sergio Kindle, Daryl Washington, Sean Lee, Brandon Spikes, Pat Angerer... OMG Navarro Bowmen went in the 3rd round (Probowl LB)
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post
    Koa Misi sucks and is a BUST!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if a free agent/rookie takes his spot next year.

We could have draft Sergio Kindle, Daryl Washington, Sean Lee, Brandon Spikes, Pat Angerer... OMG Navarro Bowmen went in the 3rd round (Probowl LB)
    Kindle hasn't done damn thing. Angerer is a below average 4-3 LB.

Bowman plays next to Willis, I could play LB next to Willis.

Other 3 I'd love to have
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

HATER

Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Kindle hasn't done damn thing. Angerer is a below average 4-3 LB.

Bowman plays next to Willis, I could play LB next to Willis.

Other 3 I'd love to have
    Ok granted we didn't draft those guys, I still believe they are better than Koa Misi who hasn't done anything either.

All these guys were drafted after Koa Misi was the point of my post.

Imagne Sergio Kindle without that season ending head injury or Bowman playing opposite Cameron Wake.

Angerer started and racked up 148 tackles in 2011 and 88 tackles in 2010 (rookie year) when Gary Brackett got hurt.

Koa Misi averages 37 tackles in 2 season with 1 sack in 2011.... str8 garbage for where he was drafted
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z0eboy View Post

Every one of the players on your list besides Sergio Kindle (who, despite what you say, is impossible to imagine without his head injury) plays a different position than Koa Misi.

Misi isn't going to be a DE if we move to a 4-3 (and either way his "spot" won't be taken by anyone, it will disappear). He'll be a SLB. Many thought this (or even ILB, after he'd gotten more experience) was his ideal position coming out of college (he played it at the Senior Bowl, and pretty well).
    Quote Quote