Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Houston is really that good...

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

What if Houston is really that good...

I keep hearing all of the "experts" and fans alike talking about how bad the Dolphins are and how Houston beat us thoroughly. The takeaway from that game appears to be that Miami is one of the worst teams in the league and that the Texans just did what they were supposed to. My question is, what if the Texans are just really that good and they continue to stomp teams regularly? What if they crush the Jags this weekend and we beat Oakland? Were the pundits wrong or did we just get 10,000% better in a week? I personally believe that the Texans D and the Miami O are both better than they are getting credit for right now. Not that anyone has disrespected the Texans' D but I think they will beat up Gabbert and MJD as bad or worse than they beat us up. Just sayin'.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Lots of work to do on Sunday. Oakland is a big challenge. They are MUCH better than many are making them out to be.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I keep hearing all of the "experts" and fans alike talking about how bad the Dolphins are and how Houston beat us thoroughly. The takeaway from that game appears to be that Miami is one of the worst teams in the league and that the Texans just did what they were supposed to. My question is, what if the Texans are just really that good and they continue to stomp teams regularly? What if they crush the Jags this weekend and we beat Oakland? Were the pundits wrong or did we just get 10,000% better in a week? I personally believe that the Texans D and the Miami O are both better than they are getting credit for right now. Not that anyone has disrespected the Texans' D but I think they will beat up Gabbert and MJD as bad or worse than they beat us up. Just sayin'.
    Just watch your team and you decide if you like what you see. Sure there were some good moments, its Pro Ball afterall, but I thought they generally stunk.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Lots of work to do on Sunday. Oakland is a big challenge. They are MUCH better than many are making them out to be.
    Probably our 6th toughest game of the year. SF, New England (x2), Houston, and Cinci are better, but I think after those games the Raiders are the toughest team we play this year. Hell, maybe Oakland ends up tougher than Cinci. It's ridiculous how easy our schedule looks this year on paper. Why couldn't we have drawn a schedule like this when we were average? We'd have been in the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Houston is a great team, and as I said during the game we don't turn the ball over it's closer. We just don't have the talent on offense to come back from big deficits like that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Last years game was a cake walk. We stopped them on their 1st 9 possessions and rushed for 200 plus yards and 2 TD's. We only had to attempt 25 passes.
    With 11 minutes left in the game they had 132 total yards and a handful of 1st downs.

Our personel dominated theirs. I see no reason for it to be different this year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What do you mean, 'if Houston is that good..'? Of course they're that good, nimrod. One of the top 3 rbs in the NFL, one of the top 2 WRs in the game now that he's healthy again, a top 10 TE, and an able #2WR taboot. Also, Tate is an extremely good #2RB as well. They're freakin' loaded. Miami was staying right with them until the roof caved in but eventually Houston would've pushed though even if that wouldn't have happened. Houston's skill players vs Miami's secondary? That's not a fair fight, and Miami's O was not gonna be able to match Houston score for score in the 2nd half. The score probably would've been like 27-16 if there were no turnovers.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, but I also think Oakland is worse. So my thoughts are, that if we struggle against the Raiders this week, then we are truly a bottom barrel team. If we beat them soundly, then maybe we're a middle of the pack team...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We shot ourselves in the foot against Houston, so it doesn't really say much about the team itself. We can't say how bad this team will be until the bye week.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Last years game was a cake walk. We stopped them on their 1st 9 possessions and rushed for 200 plus yards and 2 TD's. We only had to attempt 25 passes.
    With 11 minutes left in the game they had 132 total yards and a handful of 1st downs.

Our personel dominated theirs. I see no reason for it to be different this year.
    Their best player didn't play. Darren McFadden... so that certainly has an impact.

Losing our best corner. Best WR. and starting a rookie qb in his second career game probably should affect why it could be different this year.
    Quote Quote