Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Time Power Rankings Offseason edition

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Game Time Power Rankings Offseason edition

Dolphins offensive scheme - If you break it down Coach Philbin wants to open up the 23rd ranked passing offense in 2011 while stressing balance running the football. I expect this scheme to suit Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas abilities allowing more match up concerns. The spread offense will utilize 3-5 receiver sets opening up running lanes if our offensive line is molded to handle man blocking schemes. The Dolphins must find a franchise QB either in free agency or through the draft, I perfer free agency due to limited options in the draft. If this void is filled say with a Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell or my worst fear Peyton Manning; expect the dolphins to seek more offensive weapons at WR and TE. Bringing in someone to go opposite Brandon Marshall will be critical, the development of our WR corp has been crippled by poor offensive philosophy. The offensive line has question marks at RG and RT, we can either develop current players to step up into starting roles like John Jerry, Lydon Murtha or resign Vernon Carey. I believe the new coaching staff will focus on fundamentals and implementing a man blocking scheme which requires toughness and each lineman taking care of their assignment.

Key developmental players to watch for - RB Daniel Thomas, WR Clyde Gates and OG/OT John Jerry

Offensive system - Power running game which complement's a dynamic spread offense.

Dolphins defensive scheme - If you break it down Coach Coyle will be tinkering with his new 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense. Packages will be installed based on gameplan, team match up and available personel. The defensive line rotation has to be the strenght in order for our back 7 (LB's and DB's) to be successful. Free agents like Paul Soliai and Kendall Langford will determine who we pursue during free agency or in the draft. To be effective early on the defense must be on the same page due to the system variation's, a veteran presense on defense will be key to having early success. Karlos Dansby should fit in nicely at MLB leaving an awkward position battle at OLB between Kevin Burnett, Koa Misi and free agent/draft pick. The base defense will probably be a 4-3 utilizing a 3-4 for pressure and coverage package's. The defensive backfield needs upgrading at FS and development at the CB position will be crucial, young talent like Sean Smith, Reshad Jones, Tyrone Culver and Jimmy Wilson will need to show they belong on a unit that was abused last season. Position battles between our returning players on defense will either expose the trust this staff has on their current players, I expect free agency to shed some light on what style of defense we will have in 2012.

Key developmental players to watch for - DE Phillip Merling, OLB Koa Misi and CB Sean Smith

Defensive system - 4-3/3-4 hybrid aggressive blitzing front 7 with athletic secondary.

Miami Dolphins overall assesment - Just getting started, the coaching staff is being put together and intime we will see what moves are made in free agency and in the draft. I will continue throughout the season to bring Gametime power rankings with more in depth analysis of the coaches, players and game plans used in every game including preseason! (PLEASE PROVIDE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS FOR DEBATE AND FOLLOW UP REVIEW AFTER OFFSEASON)
    Last edited by z0eboy; 02-02-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: "Daniel" Thomas was such a dissapoint to me I could care less!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Anytime a guy butchers a name while doing a team evaluation he loses credibility. First thing you research....is the name of the guy you're researching...it's Daniel! Come on man.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Resiliency is the key.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ouch.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Oops....thought he was reposting an article......this is very awkward.....
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grushcow View Post
    Anytime a guy butchers a name while doing a team evaluation he loses credibility. First thing you research....is the name of the guy you're researching...it's Daniel! Come on man.
    Harsh, man.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oops....thought he was reposting an article......this is very awkward.....
    Oh, i see what happened now...yeah a little awkward, great op though...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm over here now
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought it was pretty good
    Seriously, did you have to quote that long as post?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anytime a guy butchers a name while doing a team evaluation he loses credibility. First thing you research....is the name of the guy you're researching...it's daniel! Come on man.
    ****ed up dude ****ed up
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Easy bud....I explained myself. But not being shortsighted and actually giving it a good read through it's a good write up. Arrow's definitely pointing up and I like the move to a 4-3. Apologies to the OP.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know its still early, to my knowledge free agency doesnt start until next month but I'm really excited about this season. I used to do these same write ups for the washington redskins message boards, my track record is pretty good if you guys want to read my stuff from the past. I posted gametime power ranking threads on extremeskins.com and bgobession.com but was banned for "controversial" posting... if you able to look me up "z0eboy" there are alot more gametime power ranking threads that add to my credibility and track record with these analysis.

P.S. I no longer affiliate myself as a part time redskins fan, I'm completely on board with this new dolphins regime!
    Quote Quote