Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How much to trade up for RGIII?

1. -41
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I belive anyone who considers RG3 a franchise qb is truly clueless , getting peyton should be our priority. Not give up the farm for the next bust
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    3 first rounders 2 second rounders for andrew luck.

edit: okay 4 first rounders
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    You are truly clueless if you think RG3 is anything like Pat White or Ryan Leaf.
    Only time will tell.

He could end up being the next Steve Young, or indeed a very intelligent Pat White.

I think he's gonna fall somewhere in between, and if the QB class was so watered down, would be considering him as a top 10 pick much less a top 5 pick....but as I said, only time will tell.

I do think he is flavor of the month, but I also think he will end up being a successful NFL QB....actually, Randall Cunningham is EXACTLY who he reminds me of.

Would any of you trade this and next years draft for Randall Cunningham?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    I honestly dont see the browns taking him... Idk why they would. If blackmon is there i can see the browns taking him.
    I get the feeling like the browns will not trade up. I do feel they will stay right where they are and draft him. Therefore, the debate should be what will the vikings want?

Then there is Flynn and Manning. Do these guys go to teams who are in the hunt with us? How many teams will be ponying up? all this plays into it in the end, and often times, right up until draft time.

To me, if we give up next years number one with any 2nd rounder, to me, that is not steep. that is not steep at all. I do think more picks would have to be given up in mid rounds in future years. A franchise qb is a franchise qb.

Whatever someones opinon on RG3 and his talent, you cannot deny he is high character and smart. There is no debate there. He is a winner so if you study him hard, which Ireland clearly has, and likes him, its worth it at that point. RG3 is not a risk like a Leaf. There is only the debate on what kind of qb he is.

To me, that is everything. And Philbin likes high character as does Ireland. We are talking about a franchise QB, not an OL or a DE or WR. Its what puts people in the seats for many many years.

Of course, you can forget it all if Manning comes.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    True true Irony in this post....soooo much irony!

Remind me, how many firsts did the Patriots give up to get Brady again?

Are you saying RGIII is going to be as good as Brady?
    What makes you think he will not? I mean, is anyone brady? Brady's resume is so big that no one can be compared to that. I mean, they dont even talk about joe montana anymore. this is a different era.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    What makes you think he will not? I mean, is anyone brady? Brady's resume is so big that no one can be compared to that. I mean, they dont even talk about joe montana anymore. this is a different era.
    Nobody knows for sure if he will be Brady, but I don't get a huge warm and fuzzy just because the Media is currently all over his jockstrap.

What I saw is a kid that will have to learn the pro style offense, something he has never seen before. The set they ran at Baylor has nothing to do with read and react.
    I saw a kid that played pretty darn good, but against very very average defenses.
    I saw a kid make some incredible plays, but also lots of very rudimentary mistakes.

He's very very talented, but just as raw. It will be the minimum of the majority of a season before he will even be close to being ready to actually step up behind center.

All that being said, our new HC seems to have a knack for seeing talent, or not, in a QB. IF we mortgage the bank to get the kid, then great, I stand behind that decision.

BTW: What exactly makes you think he's worthy of mortgaging 2 drafts for? You mentioned you only saw one game. Is that really enough for you to see???
    Quote Quote