Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network : Even with Peyton Manning, Dolphins aren't the best team in the AFC East

1. -41
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvince75 View Post
    The Patriots and Dolphins played essentially the same schedule and Miami went 6-10. what's your point?
    Maybe his point is that we had Sparano and also Henne starting the first 4 games.. yet still managed to end up on a 6-3 run even without Peyton??
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I counter with another NFL.com Video.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp

Bellicheat will bow down and kiss the fin!
    Born to fight. Trained to kill. Ready to die, but never will.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    Your post suggests that the Pats are a historically elite team. That is a ridiculous assumption
    5 Superbowl appearances in 11 years? I think it's a pretty damn accurate assumption. Not saying the talent gap is necessarily huge, but c'mon...
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvince75 View Post
    the patriots have the better oline, NT and slot receiver. The Dolphins have better DEs and one better OLB than the patriots. Other than that the remaining units are evenly matched in my opinion.
    I can't agree with this at all. As groups we have better Corners, WR's, D Line, Linebackers, runningbacks. The cheatriots do have a better QB, O Line, TE's.

The think that is being discounted is that if you have a healthy Peyton we are going to get much better production out of our WR's, TE's, RB's, O Line. Peyton is that type of player, he elevates the play of everyone around him much like Brady does for the pats.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    5 Superbowl appearances in 11 years? I think it's a pretty damn accurate assumption. Not saying the talent gap is necessarily huge, but c'mon...
    I guess it depends on your understanding of historic, Are you 14 years old?? After Disqualifying the Cheatriots from all the games they won through cheating I don't think they would have much of a history worth talking about.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yawn. Once again the Dolphins are the undisputed best team in the division before the game are played.

Unfortunately for them, once the season begins, somehow those less-talented Patriots have managed to win 9 of the last 11 division titles, 5 of the last 11 AFC championships, and 3 of the last 11 Super Bowls. Not to mention the fact that the vastly less-talented Patriots have also beaten the Dolphins 6 out of the last 8 tries, including two consecutive season sweeps.

But, hey, who cares about what actually happens on the field when the Dolphins are just so much more talented. I guess now that Sparano's gone we can blame everything on him and feel better about it. Until the season starts that is . . . .
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LMFAO... people should actually watch football. Then you'll see that Miami has a good team. They are just missing a quarterback. Theres a reason why we finished the season 6-3 and would of beat those pats if not for crazy amounts of injuries in that week 16 game.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Pats have something that the Dolphins haven't had in a long time, a winning franchise QB. It doesn't matter how many holes their team has, Brady will always keep them as an elite team.

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr772 View Post
    I can't agree with this at all. As groups we have better Corners, WR's, D Line, Linebackers, runningbacks. The cheatriots do have a better QB, O Line, TE's.

The think that is being discounted is that if you have a healthy Peyton we are going to get much better production out of our WR's, TE's, RB's, O Line. Peyton is that type of player, he elevates the play of everyone around him much like Brady does for the pats.
    The Phins have better DE's but Wilfork is a better NT than Soliai and can play end in the 3-4 as well. I don't see any real talent gap between Dansby-Burnett an Mayo-Spikes. Mayo and Dansby are very similar players and Spikes was playing well when he was on the field; he was on pace to break 100 tackles before he got injured and he had a very strong post-season. Wake is a better pass-rusher/OLB than any of the Patriots' pass-rushers but Anderson/Carter/Ninkovich were a solid unit and each of them are better than Misi. The Phins had 42 sacks this past season while the Patriots had 40.

I can give you the Corners because Arrington and McCourty were up and down all season, but I don't think the Phins have an advantage at safety. Chung is better than Jones/Culver and Bell is on his last legs.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    I didn't realize that the Bruschi, Harrison, McGinest, Law, Samuel, Vrabel were on their current roster. Silly me.
    You made a fool of yourself with your response. Anyone with half a brain could see that I was referring to their CURRENT roster. I believe we are talking about the 2012 upcoming season aren't we? Time to get with the present wiseguy
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote