Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: NFL Network : Even with Peyton Manning, Dolphins aren't the best team in the AFC East

  1. -51
    jlfin's Avatar
    old pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    7,620
    vCash:
    3428
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr772 View Post
    I guess it depends on your understanding of historic, Are you 14 years old?? After Disqualifying the Cheatriots from all the games they won through cheating I don't think they would have much of a history worth talking about.
    I would also point out that they weren't exactly dominant in ANY of their SB wins, even when they played flash in the pan teams like the Panthers. It took last second FG's in all of their wins. Vinatieri was their savior.
    I still think the Bills team that went to 4 straight SB's was a better team. How much better would their legacy be if Norwood hits that 43 yarder. The Bills also had the misfortune of playing against a true dynasty team (Cowboys) twice.
    When I think of dynasty teams I think of teams like the Steelers in the 70's and 49'ers in the 80-90's. Teams that acutally had a few blowout/dominant wins in the SB.
    Personally, I think the description 'dynasty' is an overused term.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    HybridPHIN 23's Avatar
    the N E W Dolphilbins

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    4,615
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Jupiter FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The NFL Network wasn't very far off the mark. The Eagles finished 8-8 to the Giants' 9-7 and Philadelphia was red hot at the end of the season, finishing 4-0 and outscoring their opponents 125 to 46. If things broke a certain way, a ball bounces a little differently, it could have been the Eagles hoisting that Super Bowl trophy.


    But seriously, the Eagles were playing well... they proved to be better than the dolphins,jets,cowboys,and redskins..... but don't you ever believe they could have won in SF & in GB. The G-men are the road warriors.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,922
    vCash:
    1381
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr772 View Post
    I guess it depends on your understanding of historic, Are you 14 years old?? After Disqualifying the Cheatriots from all the games they won through cheating I don't think they would have much of a history worth talking about.
    You can't really say someone is 14 year olds then start calling the Patriots the "Cheatriots" because it makes you sound like a moron who is 12 years old
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,968
    vCash:
    24012
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Until Miami shows they can beat the Pats then NE is the better team. Doesn't matter what's on paper.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    Mr772's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    2,136
    vCash:
    1187
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    You can't really say someone is 14 year olds then start calling the Patriots the "Cheatriots" because it makes you sound like a moron who is 12 years old
    The Patriots CHEATED its a proven fact they were convicted and punished by the league commish. It's about the only thing historic about the cheatriots: their long history of cheating. The name fits and they will forever be the Cheatriots IMO.

    I didn't say anyone was 14 as a insult unlike you I didn't stoop to name calling and insults. It was just a point of perspective, if a person were 14ish I could see how they would think the Cheatriots were some long standing historic team. It was all about perspective not insult.

    http://www.thenewenglandcheaters.com..._cheating.html -- not my site but I approve the message.
    Born to fight. Trained to kill. Ready to die, but never will.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    460
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvince75 View Post
    The Patriots and Dolphins played essentially the same schedule and Miami went 6-10. what's your point?
    The Pats were better coached.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    chrispepper's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    504
    vCash:
    1124
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think people are also overlooking the positive implications an 'Elite' quarterback has on a team.. On paper the patriots have one of the worst defences in the league, and yet when the team needs a big play they always come up with one, because the defence knows if they can get off the field, they can feel confident in the fact there quarterback is going to march down the field and get them 7 points.. The opposite happened with the colts this year, they didn't have their franchise quarterback, so the defence gave up and it shows with their record. The dolphins haven't had that Brady like influence since Marino, and it shows in the way the defence almost gives up at times.. I have no problem in thinking peyton manning would do the same for miami as brady does for new england, we have a talented roster in all aspects of the game, we have just been lacking in that one position for far too long. Who knows who would be the better team, at this point it's all speculation but you have to feel confident in our chances if Peyton did end up being our quarterback.
    Last edited by chrispepper; 02-13-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    460
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispepper View Post
    I think people are also overlooking the positive implications an 'Elite' quarterback has on a team.. On paper the patriots have one of the worst defences in the league, and yet when the team needs a big play they always come up with one, because the defence knows if they can get off the field, they can feel confident in the fact there quarterback is going to march down the field and get them 7 points.. The opposite happened with the colts this year, they didn't have their franchise quarterback, so the defence gave up and it shows with their record. The dolphins haven't had that Brady like influence since Marino, and it shows in the way the defence almost gives up at times.. I have no problem in thinking peyton manning would do the same for miami as brady does for new england, we have a talented roster in all aspects of the game, we have just been lacking in that one position for far too long. Who knows who would be the better team, at this point it's all speculation but you have to feel confident in our chances if Peyton did end up being our quarterback.
    Belichick is a defensive genius. Brady has very little impact on how the defense plays other than when/if they are able to get a huge lead it may take the pressure off. The defense of the Patriots were not even close to being one of the worst in the league..on paper or off. They started the season shaky and at one point the team was 5-3 because of that. However, the defense stepped it up a notch and finished the season as an above average defense.

    Hell, even in the Super Bowl the Patriots defense held the Giants to 4 points less than what they scored on average during the regular season. (25 to 21) However, the Patriots offense scored half of what they normally did during the regular season.

    The basic truth is that Brady gets too much credit for the past 11 years. He's a HoF QB for sure, but his play has NOT been the difference between them being a bad or good team. (Matt Cassel won 11 games with that team after sitting on the bench for 6 years STRAIGHT in college and the pros). The Patriots defense, due to Belichick's genius, is the overwhelming reason as to why the Patriots have been so competative for so long. However, without his cheating, even that genius can't put them over the top.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    245
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHanson View Post
    Exactly! I just don't see Brady being able to carry a team the way some of the all time greats did. Brady is a HoF QB....but along the lines of an Aikman or Bradshaw and not a Marino or Unitas.
    From 2007 to 2008, with Brady hurt, the Patriots won 7 fewer games. From 2010 to 2011, with Manning hurt, the Colts won 8 fewer games ..
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    460
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uscalum View Post
    From 2007 to 2008, with Brady hurt, the Patriots won 7 fewer games. From 2010 to 2011, with Manning hurt, the Colts won 8 fewer games ..
    Which means absolutely nothing.

    You're manipulating stats in order to prove your misconceived notion. If I really wanted to twist stats I could make it look as if the Dolphins have been a top NFL team over the last 10 years.

    When the Patriots lost Brady they won 11 games with a guy who hadn't started a football game since high school. When the Colts lost Manning they won 3 games. These are the FACTS. Again, you distort all you want, believe all the media hype you want, love Brady all you want...but when it comes down to it...Brady=Aikman=Bradshaw=Griese=Any-other-good-QB-that-was-lucky-enough-to-play-on-great-teams. Manning=Unitas=Graham=Marino=Any-other-true-great-of-the-game.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. am i the only one who doesnt want peyton manning to the dolphins?
    By MarshallFin1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM
  2. Mortensen: Peyton Manning may not decide on new team this week
    By Casas9425 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
  3. Peyton Manning in Dolphins uniform
    By Gladsadmad in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 06:29 PM
  4. PFT: Dolphins will go after Peyton Manning
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2003, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •