Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would everybody like this o line

1. -1
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

would everybody like this o line

long, cog, pouncey, jerry, murtha. we start them and we don't have to draft an ol in the first round, we could pick a playmaker off that bat and draft zebria sanders from fsu in the 2nd, i for one are in the minority of keeping moore as a backup, he is good for another 5 years this staff could coach him, and it looks like it might work, look what daboll did with him, daboll, i don't want to draft a qb in the 2nd if he is not going to start, it would be a waste of a pick if you gonna mold a qb do it the way gb does it draft one in the 6 or 7 round, and go from there. thoughts
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It all depends on what the new coach wants to do with so called zone-blocking scheme
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why would you want to start half a line who couldnt beat out the old decrepid trash we had?

not only do we need starters, we need quality backups. the o-line is finally garbage, we actually do need to draft or sign f/a's to get this line up to speed. 80% of our offensive woes were due to horrid o-line play.

NO! i dont like that line. pouncy is a pro bowler in the making and long, who knows. hopfully this injury thing is a bad streak. if not, prepare for another year like the last with qb's running for their lives on almost every play, NO MATTER WHO THE QB IS!!!

i dont have to explain columbo. carey is 3 years past riding the pine. cog is good, but streaky and getting older. not a pretty picture, expecially the fact the reserves couldnt beat any of those guys out.

i think CARL NICKS can be had and the finz absolute f/a focus should be on him first with grubs being the plan b.

then get one of the good tackles in the draft and another guard mid way through.

cortland finigan is another f/a must to pair with vontae. that would be a scrappy pair there and would allow us a draft spot for one of the o-line players we need. this years cop of college o-linemen is really, really good and we need to partake.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Switch Jerry and Cog, and that line would be good.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like to see this:
    LT Long
    LG Nicks
    C Pouncey
    RG DeCastro
    RT Murtha/Jerry
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    There are plenty of solutions to be added after the first round and in FA. I'm not nearly as concerned about the O-line as QB and a distant 2nd in pass rush (which is sad because 2 of those 3 were focuses of this FO).

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does anyone think Murtha would be a good RT?

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    why would you want to start half a line who couldnt beat out the old decrepid trash we had?

not only do we need starters, we need quality backups. the o-line is finally garbage, we actually do need to draft or sign f/a's to get this line up to speed. 80% of our offensive woes were due to horrid o-line play.

NO! i dont like that line. pouncy is a pro bowler in the making and long, who knows. hopfully this injury thing is a bad streak. if not, prepare for another year like the last with qb's running for their lives on almost every play, NO MATTER WHO THE QB IS!!!

i dont have to explain columbo. carey is 3 years past riding the pine. cog is good, but streaky and getting older. not a pretty picture, expecially the fact the reserves couldnt beat any of those guys out.

i think CARL NICKS can be had and the finz absolute f/a focus should be on him first with grubs being the plan b.

then get one of the good tackles in the draft and another guard mid way through.

cortland finigan is another f/a must to pair with vontae. that would be a scrappy pair there and would allow us a draft spot for one of the o-line players we need. this years cop of college o-linemen is really, really good and we need to partake.
    I agree in part and disagree in part. We have a lot of young talent: they are i/m/o in the process of "arriving"! BUT...

(1) COLUMBO must go, and CAREY should go back to RT, only as a BACK-UP RT/RG.

(2) We MUST go after a sonlid, veteran G. It should've happened LAST season, but apparently, stupid ROSS got cheap. THIS time, I'd go after NICKS/GRUBBS bigtime, and whoever signs first wins. They'll also start at LT.

(3) We move INCOGNITO to RG, where he belongs. He "pulls" pretty good, but it's his "2nd best": he's a mean-spirited mauler, and belongs on the right side, where POUNCEY can "pull" on sweeps left, and he can chop the knees off of anyone coming up the middle, because he traps well, and there's no "clipping" i/s th e Ts. Beyond that he pass-protects and road-grades right.

(4) We let the winner of MURTHA/JERRY start at RT. The "light" seemed to go on for JERRY when he played LT after JAKE went down; the year before, MURTHA did decent work at LT AND RT (e.g., against DETROIT--SUH & friends were invisible). The loser backs up BOTH Ts, CAREY can back-up RT and RG if (big if) he doesn't come into camp looking like a beached Whale...if he does, "buh-bye", fat boy. GARNER backs up both Gs and C. And WHEN those late cuts come, and there's an "aging veteran w/some gas left in his tank, who still wants to play football", oblige him. Sign him up at a reasonable price, then do a "TEBOW" and say "Thank you, God"! Simple, don't you think?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    I agree in part and disagree in part. We have a lot of young talent: they are i/m/o in the process of "arriving"! BUT...

(1) COLUMBO must go, and CAREY should go back to RT, only as a BACK-UP RT.

(2) We MUST go after a sonlid, veteran G. It should've happened LAST season, but apparently, stupid ROSS got cheap. THIS time, I'd go aftrer NICKS/GRUBBS bigtime, and whoever signs first wins. They also start at LT.

(3) We move INCOGNITO to RG, where he belongs. He "pulls" pretty good, but it's his "2nd best": he's a mean-spirited mauler, and belongs on the right side, where POUNCEY can "pull" on sweeps left, and he can chop the knees off of anyone coming up the middle, because he traps well, and there's no "clipping i/s the Ts.
    The only thing I read him getting cheap about was Ireland's efforts to bring in Orton (Thank you Ross!). Ireland ****ed up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    O-Line needs major upgradeS!! That line will give us another .500ish year ... ugh!!

Unless we spend the farm on a QB, the O-Line will see significant upgrades ... no new first-time coach is going to stake his new job on it!!

The O-Line got knocked off the ball regularly, knocked Henne out (couple years in a row, among others) ... & frankly, I can't believe Moore survived to the end of the season ... it was a miracle.

Thinking point from last year's offseason ...
    Football 101: Our O-Line Sucked
    Fandom 101: Our O-Line was Top 5 & full of wunderkind players ... and that was BEFORE the Draft!! Expectations skyrocketed after the Draft.

How'd that work out??

Quote Quote