Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: would everybody like this o line

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    The only thing I read him getting cheap about was Ireland's efforts to bring in Orton (Thank you Ross!). Ireland ****ed up.
    Look what we did the rest of the way in F/A last season, GONZO. Everyone in football KNEW that MIAMI's interior OL was a shambles. By my count, there were at least 5 F/A solid Gs. ( I still remember 4: GALLERY, COLLEDGE, and BOTH of ATLANTA's starters). As the late cuts were made, there were a couple more: "aging veterans" and/or "cap" casualties! Now, then, HOW MANY of them got a serious offer from MIAMI? Yeah...NONE!!! And AFTER ALL the good Gs were gone, what does MIAMI do? Rummage thru DALLAS's garbage can (AGAIN), and come up with...COLUMBO. So, they move a serviceable RT (CAREY) who's 10x better than COLUMBO, to RG, where he hadn't played since "The U", and start COLUMBO at RT. Talk about DESPERATION!!! The results? Predictable. By my totally unofficial count, COLUMBO was responsible for c.6 drives/game stalling, in each of the following games: CLEVELAND; DENVER, DALLAS, GIANTS, and N.E.II. Seeing as how we lost ALL of those games by a FG or less, do you think that MIAMI might have scored at least a lousy FG more? I DO!!!

With ANY decent RT, MIAMI would've had 5 more wins. Can you say "11-5"? I can! And can you say "Playoffs"? Incidentally, MOORE deserved--repeat DESERVED--to be 10-2. At GB, he could've been. But NOT HERE! Not with an Albatross like COLUMBO hanging around his neck, and the continuing stench of "PARCELLSBALL" still present.

MOORE had to deal w/a lot, don't you think? I wonder how FLYNN would've done here last seaon?

I/m/o, right after stupid ROSS fired SPARANO, he SHOULD have fired HIMSELF! What a clown! And a stupid one at that! WINNING fills seats and sells overpriced greasy hot dogs and warm beer, not some "celebrity" wiggling her a** and jiggling her "hooters".
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    Why does anyone think Murtha would be a good RT?
    I can't figure it out. He's shown nothing imo. Jerry has at least earned a shot, but Murtha is probably our 3rd best backup, after Garner

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    another sad attempt by fans who dont know what matters in football.

gotta have a big name reciever. this isnt how champions build champions. thats how fantasy leagues build fantasy league teams.

julio jones wasnt worth it.

If we get Manninng or Flynn, which is more likely than selling farm for RG3, then you have to protect your investment and get your running game to be top notch.

The best way to do that IMO is to draft Decastro, cus you simply will have a probowler and there seems to be some depth at tackle and I think we could find a good one in round 3 or 4 or beyond. decastro though would solve alot of problems even though he is a guard.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    WINNING fills seats and sells overpriced greasy hot dogs and warm beer, not some "celebrity" wiggling her a** and jiggling her "hooters".
    yeah but winning and azz wigglin and boob jigglin is a daily double!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will let the new coach decide, but if we are going to be a more aggressive offense, we definately need a new RT that can turn his hips and actually not suck.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    Look what we did the rest of the way in F/A last season, GONZO. Everyone in football KNEW that MIAMI's interior OL was a shambles. By my count, there were at least 5 F/A solid Gs. ( I still remember 4: GALLERY, COLLEDGE, and BOTH of ATLANTA's starters). As the late cuts were made, there were a couple more: "aging veterans" and/or "cap" casualties! Now, then, HOW MANY of them got a serious offer from MIAMI? Yeah...NONE!!! And AFTER ALL the good Gs were gone, what does MIAMI do? Rummage thru DALLAS's garbage can (AGAIN), and come up with...COLUMBO. So, they move a serviceable RT (CAREY) who's 10x better than COLUMBO, to RG, where he hadn't played since "The U", and start COLUMBO at RT. Talk about DESPERATION!!! The results? Predictable. By my totally unofficial count, COLUMBO was responsible for c.6 drives/game stalling, in each of the following games: CLEVELAND; DENVER, DALLAS, GIANTS, and N.E.II. Seeing as how we lost ALL of those games by a FG or less, do you think that MIAMI might have scored at least a lousy FG more? I DO!!!

With ANY decent RT, MIAMI would've had 5 more wins. Can you say "11-5"? I can! And can you say "Playoffs"? Incidentally, MOORE deserved--repeat DESERVED--to be 10-2. At GB, he could've been. But NOT HERE! Not with an Albatross like COLUMBO hanging around his neck, and the continuing stench of "PARCELLSBALL" still present.

MOORE had to deal w/a lot, don't you think? I wonder how FLYNN would've done here last seaon?

I/m/o, right after stupid ROSS fired SPARANO, he SHOULD have fired HIMSELF! What a clown! And a stupid one at that! WINNING fills seats and sells overpriced greasy hot dogs and warm beer, not some "celebrity" wiggling her a** and jiggling her "hooters".
    Again, don't see how Ross had anything to do with that outside of his failure to fire Ireland. That falls squarely on Ireland. That's his job, and he failed big. He tried to clean up his own mess that started with letting Satele go by drafting Pouncey. That's it. Oh, and he brought in Colombo, who was ****ing horrible in Dallas.

Literally everything you mentioned was Ireland's doing. Ross stopped one godawful move in the costly Orton deal Ireland was attempting to work. That's it, and he's a ****ing hero for it in my eyes.

As for Moore, no player "deserves" anything. If he can be a starter in this league, you shouldn't have any problem with competition being brought in. If he's such a star, he should be able to top any of the FAs or rookies we might bring in. And if we end up with 2 good QBs, how is that a bad thing? Hell, that's mandatory in today's league.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still dont trust jerry, we should sign ben grubbs because he will be cheaper than nicks and let jerry and murtha battle it our for RT, then I would kick icgonito over to RG, the oline would look like this, LT-Long, LG-Grubbs, C-Pouncy, RG-Icognito, RT-Murth/Jerry
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    another sad attempt by fans who dont know what matters in football.

gotta have a big name reciever. this isnt how champions build champions. thats how fantasy leagues build fantasy league teams.

julio jones wasnt worth it.

If we get Manninng or Flynn, which is more likely than selling farm for RG3, then you have to protect your investment and get your running game to be top notch.

The best way to do that IMO is to draft Decastro, cus you simply will have a probowler and there seems to be some depth at tackle and I think we could find a good one in round 3 or 4 or beyond. decastro though would solve alot of problems even though he is a guard.
    Yea we all know we gotta draft ol every year in first round. Also you cant say if Jones was worth it after one season. there is no magical formula to winning a championship. Hell Tampa Bay traded two first rounders for Keyshawn johnson and it was not immediate that they won the super bowl but they did win one shortly. I see alot of teams winning the superbowl without committing first rounders every year to ol, the Giants come to mind, New orleans and Green bay but hell what do they know.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to rid ourselves of Carey and Colombo, kick incognito over to RG where he belongs, sign a LG in FA (hopefully Nicks or Grubbs) and draft a RT at some point in the draft while giving Jerry a shot to start the season there.

Left to right : Long, Grubbs, Pouncey, Incognito, Jerry

Sign Grubbs and V-Jax or D-Jax in FA, and trade up for RG3... "Boom, championship."

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sevierville,Tn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    I would like to see this:
    LT Long
    LG Nicks
    C Pouncey
    RG DeCastro
    RT Murtha/Jerry
    I bet Thomas and Bush would like too see that line as well.
    Quote Quote