Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iran Worried U.S. Might Be Building 8,500th Nuclear Weapon

1. -31
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I see it differently. The population of Iran is being held hostage by the Ayatollah's regime. Most of the citizens are not brain washed, more progressive, because they have internet and they see what is going on in the world. I think the Iranians would be cheering in the streets for a regime change. Once the military and mullahs have been destroyed, I think that the country would be grateful and model itself in a more democratic fashion.
    Iran and Afghanistan were truly 3rd world countries. The poorest of the poor. If not for Iran's continual interference in Iraq, they would be doing much better if you ask me.
    Iran is causing most of the instability in the region. That is the last pillar to topple. They are funding(as well as SA) the other bad guys in the region. Once the dust settles and the smoke clears, the middle east can truly rebuild with friendship and security.
    I can wave my prick all I like, and others can tuck theirs between their legs..to each their own.
    Iraq alone has three different groups of people who all want to kill each other. Maybe the rest of the middle east is more monolithic, I don't know, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Also, you really can't force American values on the middle east, they are just too different. Even the Iraq Constitution, of which we literally had a hand in writing, ended up being an empty shell of pseudo rights that are all contingent upon an Islamic judge's perceived morality.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Iran is causing most of the instability in the region.
    The Saudis are, and have been since the 40s, the predominant **** stirrers of the Mideast.
    Last edited by CedarPhin; 02-12-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    The Saudis are, and have been since the 40s, the predominant **** stirrers of the Mideast.
    It amazes me how people continue to comment on things they know little about. I don't know sh*t about the various messes in Africa, which is why no one will ever see me comment on it. No clue why others can't do the same...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    It amazes me how people continue to comment on things they know little about. I don't know sh*t about the various messes in Africa, which is why no one will ever see me comment on it. No clue why others can't do the same...
    The problems in Africa are entirely based on corrupt leadership. How the **** is there rampant starvation in the most fertile region in the world?

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Diecast: Fade Away
    http://youtu.be/bDWlJL5dTxA
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everything I've read about life in Iran suggests it's not as conservative as some think. Also from what I've read the people of Iran still want a nuclear program with some even still wanting the bomb. They don't have love for their current regime but they see the bomb as a deterrent, not necessarily as a weapon of offense.

It appears most of their ire is pointed at the president, not the Mulah. Yes some hate the Mulah too, but mostly they can't stand the president.

This regime's (as is any regime's) main goal is survival. Attacking Israel or unleashing a nuclear weapon (or even sneaking one into a US or Israeli port) probably wouldn't be in their best interest. The combined militaries of the world (minus Russia's and China's of course) would turn Iran into a parking lot for Iraq if they did that. We could tell where the nuclear material came from so we would know if they did it.

At this point we should probably just sit back and watch them rip themselves apart from the inside (there are several factions within their government) and trying to predict and counteract anything devious they might try and do outside their borders in acting out while it happens. The only thing bad that could happen is if the Revolutionary Guard took over the country and turned it into a military state. I don't think we'd like that very much. They're worst than the Mulahs.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    The problems in Africa are entirely based on corrupt leadership. How the **** is there rampant starvation in the most fertile region in the world?
    Neo-colonialism.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Everything I've read about life in Iran suggests it's not as conservative as some think. Also from what I've read the people of Iran still want a nuclear program with some even still wanting the bomb. They don't have love for their current regime but they see the bomb as a deterrent, not necessarily as a weapon of offense.

It appears most of their ire is pointed at the president, not the Mulah. Yes some hate the Mulah too, but mostly they can't stand the president.

This regime's (as is any regime's) main goal is survival. Attacking Israel or unleashing a nuclear weapon (or even sneaking one into a US or Israeli port) probably wouldn't be in their best interest. The combined militaries of the world (minus Russia's and China's of course) would turn Iran into a parking lot for Iraq if they did that. We could tell where the nuclear material came from so we would know if they did it.

At this point we should probably just sit back and watch them rip themselves apart from the inside (there are several factions within their government) and trying to predict and counteract anything devious they might try and do outside their borders in acting out while it happens. The only thing bad that could happen is if the Revolutionary Guard took over the country and turned it into a military state. I don't think we'd like that very much. They're worst than the Mulahs.
    There's lots of wisdom in this post, but I think you are overlooking some facts about things you posted.

The President is nothing but a talking pupped for the Ayatollah. If the people hate Iwannajihad, they are indeed hating the man (Actually, men to some extent) that hold his marionette strings.

Iran is not Conservative by our defintion, but there is ZERO doubt it is a Police State held down by an iron fist. The media is pre-arranged and censored to the point that they repeatedly shut down even the internet from the outside. All the media is state-run and posts, prints and talks about what the Ayatolla deems appropriate.
    They still follow corporate punishment very very strongly. Go read about some of the things happening to anybody that stands up against Iwannajihad and even more so his Master. As was mentioned in one of my very favorite movies, "They get all medievel on their a$$".

IF we can all agree something very good actually came out of our adventure into Iraq, it has embrazened people of the Middle East to stand up and Unite against their leaders. I do attribute that directly to the overthrow of Sodamn Insane. Unfortunately for the wonderful citizens of Iran, everytime they try to stand up against, they got mowed down like grass.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Love my kids, 420 and foosball

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see it differently. The population of Iran is being held hostage by the Ayatollah's regime. Most of the citizens are not brain washed, more progressive, because they have internet and they see what is going on in the world. I think the Iranians would be cheering in the streets for a regime change. Once the military and mullahs have been destroyed, I think that the country would be grateful and model itself in a more democratic fashion.
    Iran and Afghanistan were truly 3rd world countries. The poorest of the poor. If not for Iran's continual interference in Iraq, they would be doing much better if you ask me.
    Iran is causing most of the instability in the region. That is the last pillar to topple. They are funding(as well as SA) the other bad guys in the region. Once the dust settles and the smoke clears, the middle east can truly rebuild with friendship and security.
    I can wave my prick all I like, and others can tuck theirs between their legs..to each their own.
    funny, it seems we heard this about iraq and afghanistan, i don't think those situations turned out very well either.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax13 View Post
    funny, it seems we heard this about iraq and afghanistan, i don't think those situations turned out very well either.
    In the particular post you quoted, he hasn't said it would be a cakewalk as history would suggest otherwise.

Besides that, his post is dead on accurate. Iran, unfortunately, is holding the rest of the region back...well, that and our buddies Saudi Arabia, but that is an horse of a different color.

The general populace of Iran is indeed a very progressive mindset, but the Govt won't let them think this way. It's obviously too late. The Vast Majority of Iranians would prefer to move on, but they are still held down by a nasty nasty form of Govt.
    As I mentioned, the overthrow of the Iranian Govt will come from within. How much we, via Isreal are involved remains to be seen, or may never be understood only suggested..............
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    There's lots of wisdom in this post, but I think you are overlooking some facts about things you posted.

The President is nothing but a talking pupped for the Ayatollah. If the people hate Iwannajihad, they are indeed hating the man (Actually, men to some extent) that hold his marionette strings.

Iran is not Conservative by our defintion, but there is ZERO doubt it is a Police State held down by an iron fist. The media is pre-arranged and censored to the point that they repeatedly shut down even the internet from the outside. All the media is state-run and posts, prints and talks about what the Ayatolla deems appropriate.
    They still follow corporate punishment very very strongly. Go read about some of the things happening to anybody that stands up against Iwannajihad and even more so his Master. As was mentioned in one of my very favorite movies, "They get all medievel on their a$$".

IF we can all agree something very good actually came out of our adventure into Iraq, it has embrazened people of the Middle East to stand up and Unite against their leaders. I do attribute that directly to the overthrow of Sodamn Insane. Unfortunately for the wonderful citizens of Iran, everytime they try to stand up against, they got mowed down like grass.
    Actually in recent years Ahmadinejad isn't all that much of a mouth piece for the Supreme Leader. Those 2 really don't like each other anymore. The Supreme leader rigged the election for him and he's been nothing but a headache ever since. They have literally had a tug of war with Khomeni firing some of Ahmadinejad's cabinet and what not. This regime is anything but harmonious.
    Quote Quote