Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is RG111 that much better then Joe Webb?

1. -51
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    It's called we watch college football games.
    and those of us who dont can actually take the truth of thousands of opinions on who the guy is and watch one game and see what the hype is all about. for me, its his smarts and character aside from the talent. You can have talent, but if you cannot be teachable and learn what a safety is doing or a defense is changing into or recognize a blitz and have zero work ethic to get you there, then you will not be good. fortunately, RG3 has it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Tim Tebow won a Heisman. Tom Brady didn't. Who would you rather have at QB?
    ok, we'll put you in charge of finding a 6th round guy who looks like a total dud in the combine who ends up being one of if not the best qb's of all time.

good luck with that.

RG3 is where he is because he wins. He wins with his arm and he wins with his legs and he wins with smarts, and he wins with desire, and he wins with lots of talent.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    ok, we'll put you in charge of finding a 6th round guy who looks like a total dud in the combine who ends up being one of if not the best qb's of all time.

good luck with that.

RG3 is where he is because he wins. He wins with his arm and he wins with his legs and he wins with smarts, and he wins with desire, and he wins with lots of talent.
    I picked Brady because he was picked around the same area as Webb. I could also have mentioned Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, John Elway, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Matt Stafford, Ben Roethlisberger, Kurt Warner, Ken Anderson, Dan Fouts, Johnny Unitas, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Donovan McNabb, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, etc. Now look at the list of QBs that did win the Heisman. Only like six ever really did anything.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i could care less about the win the heisman thing...thats the most worthless award in history when trying to project nfl success to winning that garbage hardware...

my biggest issue with rg3 at the next level is the man cannot survive in the nfl if he takes the kind of hits he took at baylor...he'll be eating his meals through straws...he does not have a body to take the kind of contact he took in college as a pro...he's gonna have to adjust his game...and play more in the pocket...which i'm not so sure i love his game for anyways

if this kid was 6 ft 5 and 240 lbs and built like a te then things would be different...but i see this kid taking the kind of contact mike vick takes in the pros with a pretty similar body and not quite the same change of direction and short area burst that vick possesses...rg3 is a fantastic athlete with a great arm and great wheels but he's also more of a straight line athlete who bails laterally a little too much for my taste...

fantastic physical talent though...no doubt...but the next cam newton he's not
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Barkley is listed at 6'2. This is a guy people would love to have. Does he suck too? If we are in position to take him next year, should we pass and just convert Hartline into a QB.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Want a real concearn? Watch his SLOWWW release...other than that, kid has ALL the tools, but that release can cause problems in the NFL, where you rarely have more than 3 seconds to get rid of t
    he ball!
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ticophin View Post
    Want a real concearn? Watch his SLOWWW release...other than that, kid has ALL the tools, but that release can cause problems in the NFL, where you rarely have more than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball!
    There's also the fact that football is just one of the things he wants to do with his life. It's not worth moving up for him to have him just up and quit when he gets tired of it after a few years or takes too many big hits. Then you're SOL again.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see the slow release people talk about. Look at the deep balls he throws in this video. Far from being slow. Look at the one vs Kansas. I think when he knows he has time, he slows down and places the ball better, but when he feels pressure I see a very quick release, especially on the move and it is on target a lot. I've seen a lot of RGIII and the kid has a good arm and it isn't "Slow"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMWjmfwhCg

Small Frame? I never understood this because most QBs are skinny and thin. Look at Eli, Alex Smith, Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Dalton. The O-Line is going to have to protect him no matter what the frame is. I don't see a lot of QBs in the NFL that are jacked like a Tim Tebow.. I mean Josh Freeman has a pretty good frame I guess.. The reason why Mike Vick gets hurt so much is because he REFUSES to slide. I've seen RGIII slide plenty of times in college. Actually the hit he got injured on this year with a concussion, he slid. He also proceeded to stay in the game for the next play and get a TD.

That being said he did play in a QB friendly system, he did have AMAZING weapons around him, but every qb in the draft has an uncertain future, even the almighty Andrew Luck. We don't know how Andrew Luck will compare in the NFL. Im all for RGIII, Manning, or Flynn. I think this team is a QB away and FREE AGENCY from competing. Every team has its holes IMO. I think we just get overly frustrated at times its because we want our team to be great while we been mediocre for years so its nagging at us.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've seen a lot of RGIII this season because I have watched a lot of Baylor. My concern isn't the hits he is going to take because hes running because most of the time when he RAN the ball, its because it was a designed run, The kid has a great ability to extend the play with his feet and make throws which is usually does.

nd I like Cam Newton but I think a lot of people are over-hyping the guy. I've always thought high of Newton but I think people are starting to over-hype the guy a bit. To say he couldn't be as good as Cam Newton is a stretch. Cam Newton is good but he still has a ton to grow. People are making it seem like RGIII has to live up to Cam Newton when in reality RGIII has to play up to RGIII standards, because Cam Newton isn't that great of a QB right now himself. He is a terrific talent, but thats it, he has potential. RGIII doesn't need to be Cam Newton and run for 700 yards to be effective. Ill be just as happy if he sits back in the pocket, extends plays and throws the ball down-field like he does.. I don't need my franchise QB trying to run downfield, and lower his head like Newton and due a super man celebration. RGIII needs to be RGIII.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My biggest concern with RGIII, which is with EVERY other QB is adapting to NFL speed, and separating the NFL from College. It is one thing to be a great college QB, but its a whole different thing to be a great NFL QB like we all know. You can have the greatest Mechanics in the world and be a complete flop, and you could have some terrible mechanics like Rivers and be a pro bowl QB for years.
    Quote Quote