Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade for Blackmon?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    P.C. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

PIPEDREAM Trade for Blackmon?

If ( and I realize it's a big if ) Blackmon falls to Washington at 6, would you guys want to trade up and get him? I figure it would cost around a 3rd and 5th to go up 2-3 spots. I think he would absolutely be worth trading up for and in the second getting either Fleener or Allen, whichever is there ( preferably Fleener. )

I think if we did that we could either pursue Carl Nicks or Mario Williams HARD in free agency after restructuring some deals like Long for example. Maybe go after Flynn too if Philbin feels like he's the guy. I would be so excited if we got Blackmon, Fleener and Mario Williams this year. I know all of this is a pipe dream I'm sure but something about this doesn't seem THAT unlikely to me for some reason.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Genesis

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like it. Blackmon opposite Marshall, Bess in the slot, Fleener starting TE, Bush in the backfield. OL- Long, Incognito, Pouncey, Nicks, Murtha/Jerry. Thats one high-powered offense. Now we just need a QB, hopefully Moore can continue to progress
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, first off, FA happens prior to the draft, so your chronology is off a bit.

I will say this, IF we were to do this, we better already have a new, top-notch RT and pass rusher in house. IF that were the case, I would actually be pretty good with the scenario...and I agree, we really want Fleener with that 2nd.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    P.C. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mandal24 View Post
    I like it. Blackmon opposite Marshall, Bess in the slot, Fleener starting TE, Bush in the backfield. OL- Long, Incognito, Pouncey, Nicks, Murtha/Jerry. Thats one high-powered offense. Now we just need a QB, hopefully Moore can continue to progress
    Yeah I agree. I think those weapons would be perfect for any type of offensive system. I would like to get Flynn in this scenario but idk if we would be able to afford two top tier free agents or not. But even if Moore stays the starter I think it'd be a good chance to see what he has. If he fails we will be in the running for a QB next year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, we can choose in the draft, we can┤t in Free Agency...so it all depends on who we┤ll get, and if that┤s enough to cover the vacancy-lack of depth in that position....Example, we get Flynn, Nelson from Cincy, and Grubbs? I,m all for going either with your plan, or best available pass rusher...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we could do it for that price I'd do it in a heartbeat. The only problem I see is that it would probably take a second rd pick to move up the two spots. Both Jacksonville and Carolina would be desparate to get him as well and I Washington playing them against us
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While we aren't that far away from truly competing there are still holes to fill and depth to add. I can't really justify giving up the picks. IMHO the best long term move would be to move down with someone like Seattle or Cin and add players. If we were just a WR away then maybe, but we could use O line, DBs, QB, TE, really all over the place, and they are all available in the draft this year (or through FA).
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is actually a draft posted on here where he falls to us. I never thought in a million years I would see one that was logical, but the description under each pick made sense for each team. That would be a dream scenario, QB situation solved obviously.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    P.C. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by umpalu View Post
    There is actually a draft posted on here where he falls to us. I never thought in a million years I would see one that was logical, but the description under each pick made sense for each team. That would be a dream scenario, QB situation solved obviously.
    Yeah I posted a mock draft a while ago with him falling to us. Don't know if it's the one you're referring to or not. But I'm starting to see a few mocks that have him falling farther and farther. I would be stoked if we could get this guy. I think it kinda has to do with how high reiff will be rated I think and if Jacksonville likes Coples enough to take him over Blackmon if he were to actually fall.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a feeling he will be taken somewhere between 3rd-5th....if it only cost us a couple picks like a 3rd and 5th rounder, then HELL YEAH, I would make the move. Blackmon looks like Calvin Johnson, and we would be sick if we had our own version of Megatron, along with Marshall.
    Quote Quote