Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: Is Devlin still on the team??

  1. -11
    Daytona Fin's Avatar
    FIN4LIFE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    12,381
    vCash:
    20205
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    How do you know this? Besides arm strength is not everything. There are many attributes more important than arm strength: accuracy, timing, confidence/poise, leadership, winning ability, competitiveness (especially under pressure), mental skill, ability to make good decisions in game situations, etc. Every quarterback in the NFL has decent enough arm strength or they would not even have gotten that far. I hear Chad Henne has great arm strength--if that's what you are looking for. They said that Pennington had "noodle arm," but look what he did for us.
    arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.

    as for penny and what he did for us , heres the highlights to the playoff game, in case you missed it.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...ens-highlights
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    457
    vCash:
    1563
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.as for penny and what he did for us , heres the highlights to the playoff game, in case you missed it. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...ens-highlights
    How is arm strength more important than accuracy? What good is it to have strength without accuracy? That playoff game was only one game, what about the rest of the season? You can't win and play perfect in every game. Pennington brought this franchise back from the DEAD in one year.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Daytona Fin's Avatar
    FIN4LIFE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    12,381
    vCash:
    20205
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    How is arm strength more important than accuracy? What good is it to have strength without accuracy? That playoff game was only one game, what about the rest of the season? You can't win and play perfect in every game. Pennington brought this franchise back from the DEAD in one year.
    i said ,having arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.

    pennington was playing when we were dead right? then came the wildcat. yeah we beat 1 team w/ a winning record and a bunch of nailbiters against the pathetic teams like the niners,broncos,raiders ,seahawks, rams, chiefs and bills twice. and then played a real team and penny blew it, like he did the next year with an 0-3 start.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    J Tes's Avatar
    next generation

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    2,282
    vCash:
    2314
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    How do you know this? Besides arm strength is not everything. There are many attributes more important than arm strength: accuracy, timing, confidence/poise, leadership, winning ability, competitiveness (especially under pressure), mental skill, ability to make good decisions in game situations, etc. Every quarterback in the NFL has decent enough arm strength or they would not even have gotten that far. I hear Chad Henne has great arm strength--if that's what you are looking for. They said that Pennington had "noodle arm," but look what he did for us.
    I never said that you have to have a strong arm to succeed. BUT, you better have some confidence in it and not be scared to make throws. Devlin has no arm and he knows it. You don't have to believe me, watch him play and then get back to me.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    457
    vCash:
    1563
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    i said ,having arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.pennington was playing when we were dead right? then came the wildcat. yeah we beat 1 team w/ a winning record and a bunch of nailbiters against the pathetic teams like the niners,broncos,raiders ,seahawks, rams, chiefs and bills twice. and then played a real team and penny blew it, like he did the next year with an 0-3 start.
    We were 1-15 and the laughing stock of the league. Winning 9 narrow must win games in a row (no matter who we played against) just to get to the playoffs shows what Pennington was made of. And he was playing with a 1-15 team. We should be glad we even made it to the playoffs (and the East Division Championship) that year. Why are you faulting him for losing the BAltimore playoff game? He tried to carry the team on his shoulders. Poor blocking, no running game, poor tackling, and he was still competitive 25-38 keeping us still fighting when we were really done 13-3 at halftime and struggling running, blocking, and defense. Hard to make completions when there is no blocking and no receivers getting open, while having to keep passing on 3rd and long all the time. I think Flacco only completed 10 out of twentysomething passes and they still kepts scoring on us as we kept giving up big plays on defense.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Football Guru

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2007
    Posts:
    9,337
    vCash:
    5646
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I highly doubt that Devlin's arm is as weak as Matt Flynn's rag arm. Sure Devlin doesn't have a howitzer for an arm but his arm is at least decent.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    rent this space's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    3,871
    vCash:
    5450
    Thanks / No Thanks
    from what I hear, his weak arm has killed his confidence
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    457
    vCash:
    1563
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    I never said that you have to have a strong arm to succeed. BUT, you better have some confidence in it and not be scared to make throws. Devlin has no arm and he knows it. You don't have to believe me, watch him play and then get back to me.
    When did you watch him play? The last time I saw him play was late in the 4th quarter in the last preseason game where he went 4 for 4 and drove us down to the 1 yard line with must poise and no sacks. I really don't think he lacks confidence. I know that he was at the top of the list of almost every QB stat his senior year, so he must not be terrible.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    The Confessor's Avatar
    Doesnt play well with others

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    8,931
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    i said ,having arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.

    pennington was playing when we were dead right? then came the wildcat. yeah we beat 1 team w/ a winning record and a bunch of nailbiters against the pathetic teams like the niners,broncos,raiders ,seahawks, rams, chiefs and bills twice. and then played a real team and penny blew it, like he did the next year with an 0-3 start.

    Arm Strength and Accuracy are two COMPLETELY different things.

    With all due respect, that is a ridiculous statement!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Daytona Fin's Avatar
    FIN4LIFE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    12,381
    vCash:
    20205
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Arm Strength and Accuracy are two COMPLETELY different things.

    With all due respect, that is a ridiculous statement!
    no sh## sherlock. tell me who is going to be better throwing a 30 yard pass between 2 defenders on the sidelines , the guy w/ the noodle arm and accuracy or the guy w/ arm strength and accuracy?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Pat Devlin
    By eightyone81 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 05:53 PM
  2. Pat Devlin
    By Southbeach 2 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 10:35 PM
  3. Devlin
    By mk613 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
  4. Devlin
    By Jeep in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 07:02 AM
  5. Pat Devlin
    By scottieUK in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 12:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •