Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Arizona's war on education continues

  1. -1
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,675
    vCash:
    3410
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Arizona's war on education continues

    Five GOP Senators in Arizona have introduced a bill in Arizona that would make the lives of teachers and professors a living hell inside and outside of school. Senator Al Melvin, Senator Andy Biggs, Senator Don Shooter, Senator Lori Klein, and Senator Steve Smith are the sponsors of SB 1467, which would prohibit teachers from engaging in ďspeech or conduct that would violate the standards adopted by the federal communications commission concerning obscenity, indecency and profanity if that speech or conduct were broadcast on television or radio.Ē In other words, teachers canít do things that arenít allowed on television.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02...a-living-hell/

    I can honestly say that I would rather be anally raped by a well-endowed Brontosaurus than ever live, or let my future kids go to school in, Arizona. This state is the poster child for backwards thinking and anti-constitutional horsesh*t. I can't even begin to express how disgusted I am with this bill...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,222
    vCash:
    15998
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02...a-living-hell/

    I can honestly say that I would rather be anally raped by a well-endowed Brontosaurus than ever live, or let my future kids go to school in, Arizona. This state is the poster child for backwards thinking and anti-constitutional horsesh*t. I can't even begin to express how disgusted I am with this bill...
    So, they can teach them how to shoot things and blow **** up, so long as they don't say "**** yeah!" while doing it.

    Luckily it won't impact sex education there too much. Most kids outside of Phoenix learn about sex from their cousins and uncles at a young age.





    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,675
    vCash:
    3410
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    So, they can teach them how to shoot things and blow **** up, so long as they don't say "**** yeah!" while doing it.

    Luckily it won't impact sex education there too much. Most kids outside of Phoenix learn about sex from their cousins and uncles at a young age.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Stupid.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,478
    vCash:
    11123
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way this thing passes.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,029
    vCash:
    6256
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Screw the FCC and this bill.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    4,928
    vCash:
    6979
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This to me is why the US Department of Education shouldn't be cut like so many Libertarians want. State lawmakers by and large are stupid and they do stupid things. The only reason Kentucky hasn't done anything stupid recently is because they are all fatcats that have been in power for decades. They're all lazy.

    Without mandates from the government the circulumn from individual states would be all over the place. Instead of just moving to different county to get your kid in a good school, you would literally have to move to a different state. The Dept of Education could be slimmed down and streamlined but should never be axed.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,222
    vCash:
    15998
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    This to me is why the US Department of Education shouldn't be cut like so many Libertarians want. State lawmakers by and large are stupid and they do stupid things. The only reason Kentucky hasn't done anything stupid recently is because they are all fatcats that have been in power for decades. They're all lazy.

    Without mandates from the government the circulumn from individual states would be all over the place. Instead of just moving to different county to get your kid in a good school, you would literally have to move to a different state. The Dept of Education could be slimmed down and streamlined but should never be axed.
    I'm going with different country. The only way my kids go to a school in the U.S. is if I can afford private school, otherwise, Canada here I come.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,675
    vCash:
    3410
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    This to me is why the US Department of Education shouldn't be cut like so many Libertarians want. State lawmakers by and large are stupid and they do stupid things. The only reason Kentucky hasn't done anything stupid recently is because they are all fatcats that have been in power for decades. They're all lazy.

    Without mandates from the government the circulumn from individual states would be all over the place. Instead of just moving to different county to get your kid in a good school, you would literally have to move to a different state. The Dept of Education could be slimmed down and streamlined but should never be axed.
    Post of the month. I think the good some of these departments do is lost underneath some of the not-so-good...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Dogbone34's Avatar
    cowboy surfer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,695
    vCash:
    2089
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would still eliminate the department of uneducation. Pretty sure the Internet reaches all 50 states now.

    Confident we can make it without them.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. What is better, education or experience?
    By JC in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 09:59 PM
  2. The Education of Ted Ginn...
    By Fish-Head in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
  3. The Privilege of Education
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 12:32 AM
  4. Education Part ll
    By JOEBIALEK in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 10:32 PM
  5. If anyone wants an education on Iraq....
    By PhinPhan1227 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 12:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •