Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: They're back!!!

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMuss View Post
    Bess is a chain mover and that's it.Theres no doubt we need a #2/3 wr and theres alot of good FA WR's this year.The 1 thing im curious on is could Hartline play the slot?
    We need to restructure Dansby, Marshall, sign Long to long term extension. THIS WILL FREE UP about 12-15 mil in cap space. The NFL is changed you need two number 1 receivers. We have enough pieces on Defense i would only sign Nelson and a guy like Lawson. But our money should be dedicated offense. we need to sign OL in FA and sign a guy like meachem and draft a WR in round 1 such as Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd and a TE in round 2. Fleener or Orson Charles.

QB- Moore
    RB- Bush, Daniel T
    FB- Messam
    TE-either Fleener/Charles and Clay
    WR1 Marshall, Floyd or Jeffery Hartline
    WR2 Meachem, Gates, Bess
    LT- Long
    LG -Grubbs/Scott
    C- Pouncy
    RG-Incognito/Carey
    RT-Jerry

That is one scary offense you have 6-7 targets on any given play

LDE- Cam Wake
    DT- Odrick, ,Merling,Langford
    RDE-Starks
    LOLB-Lawson
    MLB-Burnett
    ROLB-Dansby
    CB1-Davis
    CB2-Smith
    Nickel-Will Allen
    FS-Nelson
    SS-Jones
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I've been legitimately sold on Michael Floyd's talent for a long time, and sold on Kendall Wright since his junior season. However, the difference between Kendall Wright and somebody like Joe Adams or Ryan Broyles is... I don't view Kendall Wright as being confined to strictly operating out of the slot. I think he has all the skills to be a dynamic weapon even in a #1 WR role eventually. A Steve Smith type skillset.

Cordy Glenn I've always thought was a really good player, but probably best suited at guard, with the ability to play some swing tackle for you if need be. But the more I watch of him, the better and better he got playing left tackle as the season went on. To the point of being one of the best I've seen out of this draft class.

I don't think he's the best left tackle prospect, simply because he doesn't have enough experience under his belt there, and it's not his natural position. A guy that weighs 340+ pounds typically isn't going to be a clean left tackle prospect. Weight is always going to be an issue for a guy who's 340+ in college. However, it wouldn't suprise me if Cordy Glenn ends up one of the better offensive lineman out of this draft in the long run, and ends up a better player than a couple of the more heralded and hyped tackle prospects.
    I'm with you. I love Wright's versatility. He was consistently beating his man deep this year in the games that I saw and opposing defenses would have to account for him at all times. Picking at 8/9 might be a tad high, but that would add another explosive player to the offense. Glenn could be a trade up option if he falls toward the end of round 1. Again, depends on what happens in free agency...but I would love to get Wright and Fleener with our first two picks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    That's fine by me, he's a talented player, I'd take a chance on him even if it meant not really seeing what he can do until 2013.
    Agree. If you can get a 2nd round talent in the 4th/5th range that could ultimately turn out to be a sizeable steal.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    What are you waiting on? I already told you a year ago to make it light on yourself and name the stakes....
    What's the point? What "stakes" are possible via the internet?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Difference btw driver and bess again is Driver plays much faster. Bess has zero accelation or quickness unless he is 100% in stride going at a slant. He's not a YAC or break away cat. He's a great 4th option that probably would get YAC there or a great I need a 1st dwn where r u bess option
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I know one thing for certain, I don't wanna see Davone Bess on punt returns anymore. I mean seriously? 4 years? That just doesn't make any sense . . . and I like the guy and I still believe he can be a quality slot WR with the right QB and another sizeable outside threat or seam threat at TE . . . but he definitely is replaceable.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.W. GA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I know one thing for certain, I don't wanna see Davone Bess on punt returns anymore. I mean seriously? 4 years? That just doesn't make any sense . . . and I like the guy and I still believe he can be a quality slot WR with the right QB and another sizeable outside threat or seam threat at TE . . . but he definitely is replaceable.
    I'm with you there. I cringe everytime he's back there returning punts. I like Davone,but we can definitely upgrade,and should as soon as possible.
    Quote Quote