Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Bengals offer first day trade would you take it?

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not just #9, but our 2nd also.

If you are talking fantasy, FA signings Manning, Meacham, Tamme, Grubbs & Merriweather............smacks of Madden mate.
    Identify the 4 positions of strength in the draft, then double up on each........ if possible

Tailor Free Agency accordingly, so that your need is these 4 strengths

2014 draft - RB - WR - OT - OG

1-Carlos Hyde RB Ohio St.
    2-Marcus Martin OG/C USC
    3-Donte Moncrief WR Mississippi
    4-David Yankey OG Stanford
    5-Seantrel Henderson OT Miami
    6-Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill
    7-Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would take it. And I hate trading down.

There is so much talent in this draft that you run less of a risk of running across a bust than you normally would. #17 and #21...still a lot of talent out there for those picks.

I just don't see the Bengals doing it because I don't see Trent Richardson worth the #9 selection. If I'm the Bengals, I play it by ear on draft day and see if I can get him at #17 which I think is more than possible.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't see the Bengals being a part of any trade up, their so cheap and it makes too much sense for them. Adding T.Richardson to that offense would make that offense incredible, then add the fact that they have something like 60 million in cap space they could set themselves up for the next 10 years.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    If we're picking 8th I don't see why Cincinnati is going to trade up with us unless they percieved us as a threat to draft Richardson. I don't think Ireland would take Richardson at #8 since he's never drafted a skill position player that high in his tenure as GM for the Dolphins and Carolina, who would have last the coin toss and would be picking 9th, is not a threat to take Richardson either since they need more defense and have already sunk big money into DeAngelo Williams and have Jon Stewart as well. The Bills at #10 are not a threat with Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller but I can see Kansas City at #11 being a possibility and that would make a trade up with Buffalo much more likely IMO.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    The Bengals are widely accepted to earmark positions with each draft pick. Many mocks last year had them picking WR then QB, of which they did.

Charley Casserley believes they will go with CB/RB with first 2 picks.

If Trent Richardson is available when we pick, with the amount of CB's expected to go at the top of 2nd round (Alfonzo Dennard, Stephon Gilmore, Leonard Johnson, Chase Minnifield), IMO there may be a chance the Bengals look to trade up, get TR with 1st pick and hedge their bets at top of 2nd.

If they do would you take it? We would probably negotiate a 4th also.

If so who would you pick at 17 & 21?

1a. David Decastro
    1b. Brandon Weeden
    2. Coby Fleener
    3. Joe Adams

Cleveland and especially Wahington scare me as per Weeden in the 2nd rd ahead of us.- I believe in Weeden's talent and I'd rather just take him and secure our QB for the next 8 years or so.

I like the idea of the 2 4th rd picks form this deal. AT OT I'd see who's available from Bobbie Massie, Brandon Mosely, Tony Bergstrom, Jeff Allen and Matt Reynolds. That's vague, but I need to see more film of each of them- but there should be value available at OT in the 34th rd. I want to see more of C Philip Blake, too.

Not sure how the whole 3/4 vs 4/3 plays out, but I'm keeping an eye on Jake Bequette and Brandon Lindsey as pass rushers opposote Cameron Wake.
    Quote Quote