Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Could mike adams be a possibilty?

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks

Could mike adams be a possibilty?

Guy is 6-8 300 pounds...I dont see a huge difference between Martin,Rieff and Adams.I think if he blows up at the combine and perform like I think he can.I believe he will be a suprise top 10 pick.there is one or 2 every year and I think it is very possible he is our pick,but with all these iowans on our staff Rieff will probably be the pick if we go in that direction.for the record I like all of the top tackles and don't see much huge bust like the Alex barrons of past drafts.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Anyone have a scouting report on this guy?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    Anyone have a scouting report on this guy?
    . http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings...ot/mike-adams/ there ya go
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought Boomer did a great job of touching on essentially what Mike Adams brings to the table as the total package (good and bad) in the SunSentinel piece. If you watch some of his 2010 tape against elite prospects like J.J. Watt he looks like a dominant player and a top 10 pick, because he has elite ability when his technique is good. Then you put on the tape of him against a guy like Ryan Kerrigan and he looks like a mid-rounder because he gets sloppy in his technique.

Fast forward to 2011 and it's much of the same thing. For example, I've watched his tape against Illinois and Whitney Mercilus, and it looks a lot like his tape from 2010 against Ryan Kerrigan. He gets sloppy in his technique and lets Mercilus beat him to the inside for a sack. Getting beat to the inside is a huge, huge flaw for an offensive tackle. You simply cannot let that happen, and it's usually always due to lousy technique, especially for a player with the talent of Mike Adams. He'll get caught not moving his feet and let his base get narrow, once that happens you're at the mercy of the defender. Against Mercilus, he'd also get caught lunging and off balance, allowing Mercilus to quickly throw him to the ground and disengage.

One thing to keep in mind about this game against Illinois was that it was only his second game back from serving a 5 game suspension. I don't think his conditioning was all the way there yet.

Move forward to his game against Florida in the bowl game and he looks like a top 10 pick again and played with outstanding technique and effort throughout the entire game. Then he goes to the Senior Bowl and displays his incredible talent... leaving everyone to wonder if he'll ever get it. If he does, look out.

I don't think he'll go in the top 10, too risky. By the same token, so is any other tackle that you pick in the top 10 of this draft. Matt Kalil can dog it and give subpar effort right along with Mike Adams, except with Kalil you're also drafting a guy who you hope can add some weight and play effectively with another 15 pounds or so on his frame.

Riley Reiff is just nothing special whatsoever, and gets owned by guys like Frank Alexander, etc.

I think Cordy Glenn might actually have the most consistent tape of any of these guys once you get past his 1st game of the season against Boise St. where it was his first game playing left tackle, and he's not even a natural fit there. It's just a very inconsistent class of offensive tackles for the most part.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah cordy glenn was once being whispered as a top 10 pick,but for some reason he has slid to a mid-late first..he may be one of the biggest steals in my opinion of this draft for whomever gets him.I think he is goin to be an early pro bowler
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Adams was actually picked by either Kiper or McShay as one of the biggest draft risks on NFL Live last night because of the consistency issues already mentioned in this thread.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If he is sitting there in round 2, you'd have to be tempted if you did your homework on him and are satisified with him off the field and confident you can work on some of those inconsistencies that he plays with. Definitely potential to be a great value pick if it all works out.

In round 1, forget about it tho, him and every other OT being talked about.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He could be a top 15 guy for sure. A little inconsistent, but seems like he has a higher ceiling than some of the other tackles.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kloud_9 View Post
    Yeah cordy glenn was once being whispered as a top 10 pick,but for some reason he has slid to a mid-late first..he may be one of the biggest steals in my opinion of this draft for whomever gets him.I think he is goin to be an early pro bowler
    He played out of position at LT, but I think he could be a dominant RT or guard.
    Quote Quote