Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I think the champ will come from UNC, UK, SU. I don't think MSU can win it all or Kansas.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Too many nobodies in the tournament for me. Hate watching Duke and Kentucky Sandusky a couple of cosmetology schools in the first round.

Trim this **** down to 16 teams and get rid of those automatic bid teams that people feel sorry for. It's like field day in elementary school where even the fat kids that couldn't cross the finish line got 11th place ribbons.

Don't get me started. I've said too much already.

maybe we should have computers determine a champion like in CFB? The NCAA BB tourney is the best postseason in all of sports and it's not close.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    How is it lousy? This tournament produces some real entertaining matchups.
    Don't get him started. This was a contentious debate last March with him. He doesn't get that if you limit the tournament participation then it lessens college basketball as a whole. For the lower seeded teams it's not really about winning the whole thing. It's about getting into the tournament because it's a privilage to play in it. It rewards the kids for good play. If every once in a while a lower seeded team surprises people, so be it. Because you know, as #8 seed, Villinova had no business even being in the tournament much less winning the whole thing.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    SU is really deep this year and they also play incredible zone D.Syracuse depends alot on fast break offense..If you play great half court D you can really frustrate their offensive Sets. Kentucky is a team that can run with Syracuse..but I am not sure how good they are on D. What are the great defensive teams going into the tourney? Louisville plays great D and SU played like crap against them and still won....Gonna be interesting tho.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Don't get him started. This was a contentious debate last March with him. He doesn't get that if you limit the tournament participation then it lessens college basketball as a whole. For the lower seeded teams it's not really about winning the whole thing. It's about getting into the tournament because it's a privilage to play in it. It rewards the kids for good play. If every once in a while a lower seeded team surprises people, so be it. Because you know, as #8 seed, Villinova had no business even being in the tournament much less winning the whole thing.
    Everyone gets in. Makes college basketball worthless in the regular season....which really sucks. I used to really enjoy college basketball. Now it's just so watered down. But I will say that the one and done rule is what really hinders the sport the most. People don't know these players anymore. As soon as the step on campus they're hopping to the NBA. Fans don't fall in love with teams the way they used to.

Also, pretty sure that UCONN...a program with incredible history and a #3 seed won it all last season. UCONN had one of the best players in college basketball as well as one of the best coaches and they came out of the best conference.

Big boys win this thing.

Go ahead and say goodbye to Morehead State.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    what can be more worthless than not even winning your conf(not even making conf title game) and playing for the National Championship? That's a worthless reg season, at least in CBB they are jockeying for higher seeds and an easier path.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are alot of teams that dont get into the tourney. They go onto the NIT. I understand that the #1 seed teams plays a crap team and has never lost but they should have that right...Its basically a freebie...Up here in Syracuse when there is a doubt that Cuse does not get in its like these ppl are about to see a guilty or not guilty verdict. The regular season does mean something. But it does not mean everything just like in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    what can be more worthless than not even winning your conf(not even making conf title game) and playing for the National Championship? That's a worthless reg season, at least in CBB they are jockeying for higher seeds and an easier path.
    Oklahoma State and everyone else should have won their games. Lost to Iowa State lol.

Only two teams capable of beating LSU and Alabama were each other.

BCS got it right...again.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think the champ will come from UNC, UK, SU. I don't think MSU can win it all or Kansas.
    You can't be serious.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Oklahoma State and everyone else should have won their games. Lost to Iowa State lol.

Only two teams capable of beating LSU and Alabama were each other.

BCS got it right...again.
    'Bama didn't earn their title shot, a computer gave it to them. regardless if they were the best team or not, they couldn't beat LSU at home and didn't deserve a title shot. If CBB did it the same way the Heels would have at least double the amount of titles they have now but I'm glad they do it in a fair way.

You can't be serious.
    stick to CFB, if you don't think the Heels have a great shot you aren't paying attention.
    Quote Quote