Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: College hoops thread - Tourney/bubble talk

  1. -61
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,409
    vCash:
    11272
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    Transfering happen everywhere. He has recruited some character issue guys like derrick character and so on but what coach hasn't? God knows Calhoun has brought in some real altar boys over the years. I think the problem is chemistry issues. You need that to be successful. Telfair was a punk and listened to his family instead of going to college and learning how to develope a jump shot. I put everything on Rick. He is still a hall of fame coach imo.
    No U of L players made the All Big East 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team, just released today. Kuric made honorable mention. That should tell you everything you need to know about the upperclass talent Rick has assembled. There's some talent in the underclass but we're only bringing in 1 new recruit next season and he's another small (6'1" 170 lbs) combo-style guard. Rick has been allergic to guards over 6'2" since he's been here. He inherited 6'6" Reece Gaines from Denny Crum. That's the tallest guard he's ever had at U of L.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    No U of L players made the All Big East 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team, just released today. Kuric made honorable mention. That should tell you everything you need to know about the upperclass talent Rick has assembled. There's some talent in the underclass but we're only bringing in 1 new recruit next season and he's another small (6'1" 170 lbs) combo-style guard. Rick has been allergic to guards over 6'2" since he's been here. He inherited 6'6" Reece Gaines from Denny Crum. That's the tallest guard he's ever had at U of L.

    Sometimes, some coaches, even the great ones are dense. Calhoun loves bigs. Even if they suck lol I swear he drives me nuts with that crap over the year. So who would u liked to succeed Pitino? Just curious.








    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,409
    vCash:
    11272
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    Sometimes, some coaches, even the great ones are dense. Calhoun loves bigs. Even if they suck lol I swear he drives me nuts with that crap over the year. So who would u liked to succeed Pitino? Just curious.
    That's a good question. Brad Stevens might be a good one, but you've got to make sure he can recruit at a level needed at Louisville for the Big East (or perhaps Big 12 in a couple of years). Shaka Smart is another good one, I actually like him a little better than Stevens. Man that guy can coach.

    U of L AD Tom Jurich keeps a short list in his pocket for every head coaching position across the athletic programs and it's updated regularly. He's one of the best ADs in the country so I'm sure he'll have no problem finding the best fit.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    That's a good question. Brad Stevens might be a good one, but you've got to make sure he can recruit at a level needed at Louisville for the Big East (or perhaps Big 12 in a couple of years). Shaka Smart is another good one, I actually like him a little better than Stevens. Man that guy can coach.

    U of L AD Tom Jurich keeps a short list in his pocket for every head coaching position across the athletic programs and it's updated regularly. He's one of the best ADs in the country so I'm sure he'll have no problem finding the best fit.

    I personally would rather have Smart. They are good again and yes he can coach. Another young guy I like is Rex Walters. He is at San Francisco right now. They had a 20 win season under him and I always remember being a smart ball player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching at a big bcs conference someday. Another guy to look is Tom Moore. He was Calhoun assitant for many years. He is being looked at a major schools already. He coaches Quinnpiac. He took them from 5 win to 12 then too 18 plus wins and semifinals appearances the last few seasons. On great thing about him, he can recruit big time. If Uconn doesn't give him a look when Calhoun leaves, they are nuts.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,409
    vCash:
    11272
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    I personally would rather have Smart. They are good again and yes he can coach. Another young guy I like is Rex Walters. He is at San Francisco right now. They had a 20 win season under him and I always remember being a smart ball player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching at a big bcs conference someday. Another guy to look is Tom Moore. He was Calhoun assitant for many years. He is being looked at a major schools already. He coaches Quinnpiac. He took them from 5 win to 12 then too 18 plus wins and semifinals appearances the last few seasons. On great thing about him, he can recruit big time. If Uconn doesn't give him a look when Calhoun leaves, they are nuts.
    Whomever the next coach is, he's going to have to recruit like a champ because since U of L is an Adidas school, he's already going to be handicapped on the AAU circuit against the Nike guys.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,409
    vCash:
    11272
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    I personally would rather have Smart. They are good again and yes he can coach. Another young guy I like is Rex Walters. He is at San Francisco right now. They had a 20 win season under him and I always remember being a smart ball player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching at a big bcs conference someday. Another guy to look is Tom Moore. He was Calhoun assitant for many years. He is being looked at a major schools already. He coaches Quinnpiac. He took them from 5 win to 12 then too 18 plus wins and semifinals appearances the last few seasons. On great thing about him, he can recruit big time. If Uconn doesn't give him a look when Calhoun leaves, they are nuts.
    Whomever the next coach is, he's going to have to recruit like a champ because since U of L is an Adidas school, he's already going to be handicapped on the AAU circuit against the Nike guys.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Whomever the next coach is, he's going to have to recruit like a champ because since U of L is an Adidas school, he's already going to be handicapped on the AAU circuit against the Nike guys.

    I wish you luck in the Big East tournament by the way. Should be fun. Let's meet in the finals again.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,409
    vCash:
    11272
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    I wish you luck in the Big East tournament by the way. Should be fun. Let's meet in the finals again.
    Yeah, good luck as well. I saw a braketology (on SI.com I think) that had UConn coming down here to play their games in the Yum! Center. But that put you in the same bracket as UK, not a good place to be.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    UConn should not even be on the bubble, it's crazy that they will make the Tourney w/ their resume.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Big game Thursday, TCU vs. Colorado State. Big for a lot of teams on the bubble.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. the official college hoops thread...
    By hooshoops in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 09:48 PM
  3. Best College Hoops Team Ever?
    By CedarPhin in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
  4. College Hoops Threads
    By CedarPhin in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
  5. **College Football Smack Talk Thread**
    By Skeet84 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •