Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Miami dolphins 2012 tem needs: 1st priority; secondary and mid range priorities

  1. -1
    fisi's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    901
    vCash:
    4934
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Miami dolphins 2012 tem needs: 1st priority; secondary and mid range priorities

    1st priority: Quarterback...solution...matt flynn

    secondary priority: Olb/de...solution...q. Copples

    mid-range priority: Te...solution...fleener or ladarius green
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    JC's Avatar
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    5,334
    vCash:
    10381
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Flynn is not the answer. I would much rather go with Moore, who has more success as an NFL quarterback. Flynn is overglorified and it would be a mistake to get him instead of Manning or RGIII. If we do not sign Manning our main objective should be drafting Griffin.

    If all else fails, I wouldn't be upset with having Matt Moore and a quarterback like Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    9,152
    vCash:
    28725
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    Matt Flynn is not the answer. I would much rather go with Moore, who has more success as an NFL quarterback. Flynn is overglorified and it would be a mistake to get him instead of Manning or RGIII. If we do not sign Manning our main objective should be drafting Griffin.

    If all else fails, I wouldn't be upset with having Matt Moore and a quarterback like Tannehill.
    I agree with you 100%
    What the OP may not realize is that Flynn has only started a couple of games in both college and the pro's.
    He was a back up QB for a reason on every level.
    Very little starting QB experience. You need to take his best game and his worst game and set it aside.
    It doesn't leave much.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    phinasota's Avatar
    Bleed Aqua

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    1,229
    vCash:
    5091
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    1. QB - even though I still Like Moore and think we could get by with him if absolutely needed... but not wanted
    2. Safety - We need major help in our secondary so either free or strong to solidify those positions
    3. TE/WR - We definately need a man in the middle ripping up defenses. I would say add manningham to the mix also

    We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    BenchFiedler's Avatar
    Undrafted Pro-Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    2,001
    vCash:
    2558
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    Matt Flynn is not the answer. I would much rather go with Moore, who has more success as an NFL quarterback. Flynn is overglorified and it would be a mistake to get him instead of Manning or RGIII. If we do not sign Manning our main objective should be drafting Griffin.
    I got a bad feeling that RGIII might be another Vince Young or Tebow. He is a Mike Vick-type QB but can he throw the ball like Vick or like Tebow/Pat White/Young???

    Tannehill in my opinion would be the safer pick and he already knows the offensive scheme.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Rich22's Avatar
    Phin DieHard!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    1,356
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's realy funny how folks sit here and say Flynn is not the answer for this reason or that. Why?? Our head coach has coached him his whole NFL career. He has groomed him from day 1. Now that doesn't mean he is ready but why do folks on here even attempt to say whether he is the answer or not. NOBODY knows the answer better than our own coach. So whether we get him or not will be determined by the absolute best person possible to make that decision. So folks should sit back and relax because our decision with Flynn will be based on experience with him up close and personal. To suggest we get a college QB with no experience and give up 2 drafts worth of picks is sort of ridiculous with the record we had last year. We need play makers on both sides and we need to find them in the draft.

    It's Manning or Flynn and draft a develop guy in the 3rd or 4th. Seems like a no brainer.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    13marino13's Avatar
    What is the frequency Kenneth

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    1,098
    vCash:
    1626
    Loc:
    Out with your Mother
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post
    It's realy funny how folks sit here and say Flynn is not the answer for this reason or that. Why?? Our head coach has coached him his whole NFL career. He has groomed him from day 1. Now that doesn't mean he is ready but why do folks on here even attempt to say whether he is the answer or not. NOBODY knows the answer better than our own coach. So whether we get him or not will be determined by the absolute best person possible to make that decision. So folks should sit back and relax because our decision with Flynn will be based on experience with him up close and personal. To suggest we get a college QB with no experience and give up 2 drafts worth of picks is sort of ridiculous with the record we had last year. We need play makers on both sides and we need to find them in the draft.

    It's Manning or Flynn and draft a develop guy in the 3rd or 4th. Seems like a no brainer.
    Spot on!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    9,152
    vCash:
    28725
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post
    It's realy funny how folks sit here and say Flynn is not the answer for this reason or that. Why?? Our head coach has coached him his whole NFL career. He has groomed him from day 1. Now that doesn't mean he is ready but why do folks on here even attempt to say whether he is the answer or not. NOBODY knows the answer better than our own coach. So whether we get him or not will be determined by the absolute best person possible to make that decision. So folks should sit back and relax because our decision with Flynn will be based on experience with him up close and personal. To suggest we get a college QB with no experience and give up 2 drafts worth of picks is sort of ridiculous with the record we had last year. We need play makers on both sides and we need to find them in the draft.

    It's Manning or Flynn and draft a develop guy in the 3rd or 4th. Seems like a no brainer.
    Manning is a no brainer.
    Flynn has not proved anything. Philbin has watched/coached him in practice since he was a rookie. He started 2 games I believe, and maybe played in a couple others. He was a back up in college.
    No one knows how he will play long term. He is a bit of a gamble from lack of experience, and his ceiling is unknown.
    I agree with the need to draft a development guy. Foles, Osweiler, Cousins..there are several decent projects and we should be able to grab one. Each one has some excellent tangibles and intangibles.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    traptses's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    833
    vCash:
    1923
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchFiedler View Post
    I got a bad feeling that RGIII might be another Vince Young or Tebow. He is a Mike Vick-type QB but can he throw the ball like Vick or like Tebow/Pat White/Young???

    Tannehill in my opinion would be the safer pick and he already knows the offensive scheme.
    Throw like Pat White? Have you ever watched Griffin play?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    12,189
    vCash:
    9462
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have to break it down into Offense and Defense:

    Offense 1) QB 2) RT 3) Guard
    Defense 1) FS 2) DE/OLB (Pass Rusher) 3) ILB

    You do what you need to in order to fill those 6 needs first and that includes the best options in free agency and the draft. After you fill those needs you go after anything your little heart desires.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The Schedule makes Secondary a PRIORITY
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM
  3. Five priorities for the Miami Dolphins to address
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 12:56 AM
  4. Top 5 Priorities of the Miami Dolphins in 09
    By MiamiDolfan85 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 09:44 PM
  5. Getting another WR a secondary priority
    By Kenny_Stang in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •