Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bart Scott described as “extremely frustrated” with Jets

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    How can we forget when you continue to re-live the two luckiest years a team has had in the history of the NFL.
    Obviously the only difference btw our teams was that we were lucky and Miami wasn't. How else can you explain it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    The meatball negotiated personnel say-so, presumably especially over his specialty the OL after the Harbaugh fiasco. (Wow compare the Harbaugh father and sons to the Ryan goobers.. it's funny but it's not).

He's the one that signed Columbo, he's the one that kept Columbo's turnstyle spinning. If you don't think at any past point The Meatball had input and influence over any of the line free agency signings or draftings, then by the same token, I'd assume The Beancounter is the one to blame for making the Taco draft decision unilaterally too, eh?
    So the OL that helped make Reggie Bush a 1,000 yd rusher and gave you a really good ground game 3 of his 4 years was a bad mark against Tony?

Influence and final say are 2 different things.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Obviously the only difference btw our teams was that we were lucky and Miami wasn't. How else can you explain it?

So the OL that helped make Reggie Bush a 1,000 yd rusher and gave you a really good ground game 3 of his 4 years was a bad mark against Tony?

Influence and final say are 2 different things.
    I know there's no comparison between Long and The Brick, and the gap between Mangold and Pouncey is closing and will accelerate, but I think your'e acknowledging that even with Columbo and our other OL shortcomings, we have a better OL than the jest since according to you the proof is in the pudding, right?

Ditto makes the argument that P Manning would be better protected under center in Miami than in Giants stadium is I'm following your reasoning, eh?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I know there's no comparison between Long and The Brick, and the gap between Mangold and Pouncey is closing and will accelerate, but I think your'e acknowledging that even with Columbo and our other OL shortcomings, we have a better OL than the jest since according to you the proof is in the pudding, right?

Ditto makes the argument that P Manning would be better protected under center in Miami than in Giants stadium is I'm following your reasoning, eh?
    no comparison btw Brick and Long but Pouncey after one year is getting close to the best C in the game. What a homer.

Tony doesn't get credit for Pouncey? he only gets blame when picks/signings don't work out?

Giants Stadium was torn down a couple of years ago.

We don't want or need Peyton Manning but he'd be better here w/ an organization that knows how to win.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    no comparison btw Brick and Long but Pouncey after one year is getting close to the best C in the game. What a homer.

Tony doesn't get credit for Pouncey? he only gets blame when picks/signings don't work out?

Giants Stadium was torn down a couple of years ago.

We don't want or need Peyton Manning but he'd be better here w/ an organization that knows how to win.

jets, mets, nets all 2nd tier teams and they all rhyme! you will always be 2nd fiddle in new york. you guys are just renting that stadium on giants away weeks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    jets, mets, nets all 2nd tier teams and they all rhyme! you will always be 2nd fiddle in new york. you guys are just renting that stadium on giants away weeks.
    we were #1 in NY in '09 & '10, if you win you are #1 w/ regards to Mets and Jets(I am a Yankee fan and in the 80s this place was by far a Mets town).
    Quote Quote