Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bounty controversy is moving to Washington and could affect Manning's decision

1. -1
    New Mexico Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Bounty controversy is moving to Washington and could affect Manning's decision

Peyton Manning when released has some decisions to make. If the decision came down to Washington vs Miami (which many analysts have said it might), I think there is a greater chance now compared to a week ago that Manning will pick Miami over Washington. If the dolphins choose to pursue Manning, this Bounty scandal comes at the perfect time. Here are two reasons why.

Manning's Neck Injury likely originated from a Washington Redskins hit according to his then coach Tony Dungy (link to story below). While the Bounty program that existed in Washington seems to have been ended by Williams successor,This might have an impact on Manning's possible decision to play in Washington.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

The NFL is now moving the Bounty probe to the redskins (link below) and they are not out of the water as far as possible draft pick penalty's. Manning may be less inclined to want to go to a team with a brewing controversy on its hands.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...skins-bounties

Is it a healthy place for Manning to rehab in the city that likely caused his Injury? Maybe Peyton doesn't care about any of this, but if he does at all it bodes well for Miami's chances at signing him. At least compared to the Redskins.

What do you guys think?

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well we can pray it will but i really doubt this affects his decision
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ocean County, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Id like to take a bounty out on Rex Ryan
    EARTHCWAKEEEEEEEEEEE! #91
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    New Mexico Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybobommy View Post
    Id like to take a bounty out on Rex Ryan
    Talk to Brandon Jacobs
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah, peyton headed for Washington. bank it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really have no idea why anyone thinks Peyton will choose Washington. He will not want to be in Eli's division, and the Redskins are terrible. If he doesn't come here, he'll go to the Cards, the Niners, the Titans. No chance he's a Redskin.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm sure he would rather not be in Eli's division. But when it comes down to it, it's going to be a business decision, not a sentimental one.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Peyton would rather play in the AFC, with the chance of only playing Eli in the big game. Miami is always warm which is better for his issues. My wife has had major ankle surgery and the cold makes it painful whereas in the summer it's alot less. He lives down there, Miami has some weapons for him to play with. And the reception this guy will get if he decides to signs here will assure him that he made the right decision.

Give it up for the 3 time defending FL class 5A State Champions (2004-2005-2006) and Two time Defending National Champion (2005-2006) and a FL State record for most Reg season wins in a row (60) the Lakeland Dreadnaughts..
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andres2882 View Post
    I really have no idea why anyone thinks Peyton will choose Washington. He will not want to be in Eli's division, and the Redskins are terrible. If he doesn't come here, he'll go to the Cards, the Niners, the Titans. No chance he's a Redskin.
    I love how the redskins are horrible yet we are just a qb away. We had one more win than Washington and are probably close to the same distance from superbowl, I have no clue where manning may go but to act like he would not go to wash but would come to us based on talent is slightly absurd
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I love how the redskins are horrible yet we are just a qb away. We had one more win than Washington and are probably close to the same distance from superbowl, I have no clue where manning may go but to act like he would not go to wash but would come to us based on talent is slightly absurd
    I never said we are "just a qb away." It's part of the reason that I think it'd be absurd to trade the house for RG3. In any case, I do think we are a much better team than Washington, but, even assuming we are dead even, that just proves my point. Unlike Washington, we are not in the NFC East, and, unlike Washington, we are not in D.C. Most importantly, unlike Washington, we don't have Shanahan -- the control freak of all control freaks. So, assuming Manning is picking between the 'Skins and the 'Fins, why on earth would he choose the 'Skins?

In any case, ultimately I agree with you. I have no idea where Manning will go. I will bet money it's not Washington, though.
    Quote Quote