Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: How does Pat Devlin fit into the offense?

  1. -31
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    465
    vCash:
    1710
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    We got Devlin and he showed nothing, he couldn't get off of the practice squad and couldn't unseat Losman from the back-up spot.

    And that's pretty dumb to say we were upset when we signed Matt Moore because about half of this board in the pre-season was wanting Moore to be the starter ahead of Henne because he looked very good in camp.

    How is it that Devlin "showed nothing" when he didn't get a chance to show because idiots were running this team. Matt Moore automatically got to play the entire pre-season just because we signed him instead of Orton. Devlin finally gets in the game in the last pre season game, and he drives down to the 1 yard line going 4 for 4. Moore was never better than Devlin, not even in college. No one was happy when we signed Moore instead of Orton--remember. Many fans only wanted Moore starting instead of Henne because they were tired of Henne getting us nowhere, even though Matt Moore was probably no better (winning 3 of the last 6 games).
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    CallMeDaddy's Avatar
    CMD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,470
    vCash:
    14855
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    How is it that Devlin "showed nothing" when he didn't get a chance to show because idiots were running this team. Matt Moore automatically got to play the entire pre-season just because we signed him instead of Orton. Devlin finally gets in the game in the last pre season game, and he drives down to the 1 yard line going 4 for 4. Moore was never better than Devlin, not even in college. No one was happy when we signed Moore instead of Orton--remember. Many fans only wanted Moore starting instead of Henne because they were tired of Henne getting us nowhere, even though Matt Moore was probably no better (winning 3 of the last 6 games).
    wow, Matt Moore actually gets more than 1 TD per game, he had more multi TDs this year than Henne had his career. Devlin showed nothing because he...didn't show anything, I mean are you kidding me how can you show something when you haven't done anything? He obviously hasn't done enough for our coaches to have him back up over Losman. Orton was never going to be signed, he was going to be traded and I'd say this forum was 50/50 on trading picks for him as well. So your going to dismiss a solid season of Matt Moore and say Devlin is better than him because he went 4-4 in A pre-season game? GTFO. Devlin can only wish to be as good as Moore is right now, hell Devlin could wish he was as good as Losman was .
    Credit: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    465
    vCash:
    1710
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    wow, Matt Moore actually gets more than 1 TD per game, he had more multi TDs this year than Henne had his career. Devlin showed nothing because he...didn't show anything, I mean are you kidding me how can you show something when you haven't done anything? He obviously hasn't done enough for our coaches to have him back up over Losman. Orton was never going to be signed, he was going to be traded and I'd say this forum was 50/50 on trading picks for him as well. So your going to dismiss a solid season of Matt Moore and say Devlin is better than him because he went 4-4 in A pre-season game? GTFO. Devlin can only wish to be as good as Moore is right now, hell Devlin could wish he was as good as Losman was .
    You call going 6-6 a solid season? At best Moore was middle of the road, and you call that solid? I guarantee Devlin would have won more games than that with this team, and even in his rookie season. Matt Moore showed nothing either but he was given the #2 position automatically...Sparano even said that he wasn't very good in practice (but somehow they let him play in games). Even Sports Science saw thought highly enough to bring him in among the top QBs (and he turned out to be the most accurate passer in their tests). Plus he is a proven winner (an intangible that can only be seen in games), which Moore obviously is not.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    I guarantee Devlin would have won more games than that with this team, and even in his rookie season. .
    Just STOP. Jesus, if you truly believe this, you're a stone cold moron. Re-***** what you know about football and stop making absolutely silly statements like this. Holy ****. He was a UDFA. UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT. He showed absolutely jack **** in practice and didn't deserve a single snap in a real game. Remember when Matt Moore went out? If he was worth a single damn they would have throw him in because hey what's the harm at this point? Well guess what... they didn't.

    You're bringing TV shows like SPORTS SCIENCE into a quarterback grading system. What's next, his madden rating?

    Also, stop spouting off lies. You're making up things. Sparano never said "Matt Moore isn't very good in practice". Link to an article that has that quote or shut up.

    Sorry if Im being overly aggressive I just cant stand what's happening to this board. It's the same crap over and over. People like you come here, make up things, and then start the cycle of lies.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    CallMeDaddy's Avatar
    CMD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,470
    vCash:
    14855
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    You call going 6-6 a solid season? At best Moore was middle of the road, and you call that solid? I guarantee Devlin would have won more games than that with this team, and even in his rookie season. Matt Moore showed nothing either but he was given the #2 position automatically...Sparano even said that he wasn't very good in practice (but somehow they let him play in games). Even Sports Science saw thought highly enough to bring him in among the top QBs (and he turned out to be the most accurate passer in their tests). Plus he is a proven winner (an intangible that can only be seen in games), which Moore obviously is not.
    I really just can't debate with you anymore, you bring up illogical things like Sports Science bringing him in, nobody cares about that, our team didn't see him being good enough to start over JP Losman. Then you say you guarantee Devlin would be better, based on what exactly? Did Jesus come down and say he would be better, did you get touched by the hand of god or was that your uncle? Because your pretty nutty in the head to think Devlin would've been better than Moore.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    BG12DM13CP10's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    465
    vCash:
    1710
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I really just can't debate with you anymore, you bring up illogical things like Sports Science bringing him in, nobody cares about that, our team didn't see him being good enough to start over JP Losman. Then you say you guarantee Devlin would be better, based on what exactly? Did Jesus come down and say he would be better, did you get touched by the hand of god or was that your uncle? Because your pretty nutty in the head to think Devlin would've been better than Moore.
    You're right, this debate is over, it's been a pleasure. I'm just saying that EVEN Sports Science could see something, unlike you. You talk like our great organization is all-knowing and knew what they were doing...and look at what they did, most of them are fired by now except for your uncle Ireland. If your guy Moore is that great, we shouldn't have had our worst season in 3 years? At this point it is a matter of opinion because in the NFL we have seen Moore for 5 years and have not seen the rookie Devlin yet. Hopefully we shall see...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    CallMeDaddy's Avatar
    CMD

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,470
    vCash:
    14855
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    You're right, this debate is over, it's been a pleasure. I'm just saying that EVEN Sports Science could see something, unlike you. You talk like our great organization is all-knowing and knew what they were doing...and look at what they did, most of them are fired by now except for your uncle Ireland. If your guy Moore is that great, we shouldn't have had our worst season in 3 years? At this point it is a matter of opinion because in the NFL we have seen Moore for 5 years and have not seen the rookie Devlin yet. Hopefully we shall see...
    Uncle Ireland? I'm not even that big of a fan of him, but i'm 100% sure that he knows more about our QBs than someone on FinHeaven. Moore isn't "my guy" I want a QB in free agency or the draft this year, but everybody but you knows Moore is better than Devlin and if he wasn't then Devlin wouldn't be on the practice squad.

    We just came off of back to back 7-9 seasons and now we have a 6-10 season, It's not like we just went 0-16. Also Moore had to take over an 0-3 team with no starting reps and Henne had already thrown an interception in the Chargers game when he took over.

    here's some stats:

    3 TD games:

    Matt Moore 2011: 3
    Chad Henne Career: 0

    3 int games:

    Matt Moore Career:2
    Chad henne Career:5

    Matt Moore 25 career starts: QBR:80.1-Passing Yards:5,137-TDs:32-INTs:26
    Chad Henne 31 career starts: QBR:75.7-Passing Yards:7,114-TDs:31-INTs:37

    All of those with Henne having 6 more starts than Moore, Moore has had A better career than Henne and had a better season last year than Henne has ever had. And for Devlin...well he has as many career starts as passing attempts.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    MexDolfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,570
    vCash:
    1564
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    We will sign Peyton, draft someone 2nd or 3rd, cut Devlin. He has no business being in the NFL!!!
    Devlin's a long term project. Could serve as third QB in Cincinnati or Tennessee with poor trade value. Best case for us, he could be used to ease some trade with them.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,849
    vCash:
    33915
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MexDolfan View Post
    Devlin's a long term project. Could serve as third QB in Cincinnati or Tennessee with poor trade value. Best case for us, he could be used to ease some trade with them.
    Devlin has zero trade value
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Football Guru

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2007
    Posts:
    9,760
    vCash:
    8240
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pat Devlin couldn't even win the starting job at Penn State and had to transfer to Delaware to be able to be a starting QB. So how in the hell do you think he'd come in and be a starting QB in the NFL and have success??!!
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Pat Devlin
    By Southbeach 2 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 10:35 PM
  2. put devlin in
    By fastball83 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
  3. Pat Devlin
    By scottieUK in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 12:45 PM
  4. WTF is Pat Devlin????
    By The Phinisher in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 01:28 AM
  5. Pat Devlin
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •