Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How does Pat Devlin fit into the offense?

1. -41
    My head's on Fire!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Panhandle, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    You call going 6-6 a solid season? At best Moore was middle of the road, and you call that solid? I guarantee Devlin would have won more games than that with this team, and even in his rookie season. Matt Moore showed nothing either but he was given the #2 position automatically...Sparano even said that he wasn't very good in practice (but somehow they let him play in games). Even Sports Science saw thought highly enough to bring him in among the top QBs (and he turned out to be the most accurate passer in their tests). Plus he is a proven winner (an intangible that can only be seen in games), which Moore obviously is not.
    Wow I feel dumber just reading your post. Please give me my 20 seconds back.
    Dick Butkus: "I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important like a league game or something."
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by absoluteLance View Post
    I wonder if bronco fans clamor about Brady Quinn like we do for devlin. Pat devlin fits into the new system
    By Providing refreshments for our starters.
    Unfortunately, there were some here who were actually advocating bringing in both Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys talk like you know anything about playing football, but you don't. That's why you're on this board talking like you know what you are talking about. Tell you what: I don't even feel like talking.

Upset because your boy CP10 is back working with the Jets? You CP10 fanboys, fell in love with a never has been who is/was a Jet. Now only if Penny could take his fanboys with him.

Now we will excuse you to go back to ganggreen.com and love you some CP10.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're right, this debate is over, it's been a pleasure. I'm just saying that EVEN Sports Science could see something, unlike you. You talk like our great organization is all-knowing and knew what they were doing...and look at what they did, most of them are fired by now except for your uncle Ireland. If your guy Moore is that great, we shouldn't have had our worst season in 3 years? At this point it is a matter of opinion because in the NFL we have seen Moore for 5 years and have not seen the rookie Devlin yet. Hopefully we shall see...

So all 32 teams didn't get it right like Sports Science? You make it too easy.

Go back to your jests boards where you can be loved and hugged.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya, no room for him! He may struggle to pass for 200 yards, have almost as many fumbles as TDs, fumble 3 games away, and completely disappear at the end of games. Oh wait, that is our current starter.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Pat Devlin couldn't even win the starting job at Penn State and had to transfer to Delaware to be able to be a starting QB. So how in the hell do you think he'd come in and be a starting QB in the NFL and have success??!!
    Not a great analogy - Troy Aikman had to transfer in college because he couldn't unseat Jamelle Holieway at Oklahoma. (Yeah, it's a little different situation...Aikman lost his job originally because of an injury, but it doesn't make Devlin a bad QB because he transferred.)

I cannot understand why Devlin is so polarizing. Kid could flat out PLAY at Delaware, but he's obviously also not NFL ready...yet. He's a nice developmental player...with the potential for more. What's the harm in that?
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How is it that Devlin "showed nothing" when he didn't get a chance to show because idiots were running this team. Matt Moore automatically got to play the entire pre-season just because we signed him instead of Orton. Devlin finally gets in the game in the last pre season game, and he drives down to the 1 yard line going 4 for 4. Moore was never better than Devlin, not even in college. No one was happy when we signed Moore instead of Orton--remember. Many fans only wanted Moore starting instead of Henne because they were tired of Henne getting us nowhere, even though Matt Moore was probably no better (winning 3 of the last 6 games).
    To the contrary.. it was Moore who got deprived of a fair open competition with Henne in TC; had there been one we may have been competing for that backdoor entry to the playoffs in game 16 instead of being the jest spoiler.

And as far as wanting Orton goes, more than half of us agreed with the 90% or more of the polled Broncos fans who wanted no part of the guy they called "Three and Out Orton" with a 61 career 3rd down QBR. Hell, excavating Jeff Garcia would have been preferable to giving up any draft picks and taking a cap hit for Orton. As it were, there were suggestive threads about Moore at that time pointing out his concussion-influenced bad 2010 may have had an effect turning around his impressive 09, so he was no dark horse or surprise and relative the acquision and cap costs compared to Orton, he was a buy. Oh and Moore happened to win 6 out of his final 9 with 15TDs and 5Ints with the 12th best QBR and one of top long ball efficiency ratings in the league.

Now, as much as anyone, I was for giving Devlin a shot, but throwing Moore of all people under the bus in comparison to Henne, let alone Orton, is purple koolade, or haterade-worthy.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The guy was a good pick up as an undrafted FA. His college stats are solid and he has good size. He led all NCAA qb's in completion percentage his senior year and ranked 5th in QB rating. People around here act like he is hot garbage which is ridiculous. Given that Sparano was the decision maker how can anyone be surprised the kid didn't get any opportunities? The kid came out of a spread offense and needs time to develop. The talent is there but he needs a better coaching than A Sparano led staff to develop it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1688198
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Sucker Free Sunday

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Upset because your boy CP10 is back working with the Jets? You CP10 fanboys, fell in love with a never has been who is/was a Jet. Now only if Penny could take his fanboys with him.

Now we will excuse you to go back to ganggreen.com and love you some CP10.
    Alright I gotta ask. What is your problem with Chad Pennington? Seems like you bash the guy any chance you get.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Sucker Free Sunday

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Devlin is just a practice squad guy. If he was any good then Miami wouldn't have signed JP Losman
    Quote Quote